• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Title Race

I think the longer we hold to the lead over ManCity, better are our chances to win the league. Psychologically City are not built to follow us till the end the way we did and missed the title by 1 point. All we need to do is, be ahead of them as long as possible and even those fuckers will start believing that it is our year, will give up and focus on other trophies.

I can't really see any way we can get so far ahead that demoralisation becomes a factor. I suppose the one scenario is if we could add another couple of points to the lead by the time we play them, then beat them to stretch it to 7. Then it starts to look really daunting for them. But they're not just suddenly going to collapse now - it's too late in the season I think. We did it in 2020 by just winning every game, so the lead grew pretty naturally by xmas.

City are favorites now for the title. Unless we get lucky and somehow City end up dropping points in some odd game here and there.

Yep it gives them a massive boost but they have to win both their games starting at Brentford let's see plus we have to play them at fortress Anfield

It's done

We needed to win to maintain a gap. City will just plough on

Our biggest hope is that pep wants back to back CLs and prioritises Europe. Same with arteta

Will Klopp’s final legacy be shaping tactics around Ego / Names (Trent / Mo) over shaping players to optimal tactics. Time will tell.

It's done

We needed to win to maintain a gap. City will just plough on

Our biggest hope is that pep wants back to back CLs and prioritises Europe. Same with arteta
I also expect City to go on a marauding run. But even if they drop points in one game before facing us, that would be some motivation for the lads.

We still need to beat City at home
Yes and it’s a game I think we might well win.

We absolutely have to respond to today by winning our next games against relatively weaker sides. There’s zero margin for error now.

The fact that we couldn't big ourselves up for a game like this is fucking soul destroying

At this stage we now have 15 league games only from Klopp. No one cares if he gets a league cup, or a Europa league.

I really hope he is ruthless and focuses our best XI for the league and retrofits everything else.

At this stage we now have 15 league games only from Klopp. No one cares if he gets a league cup, or a Europa league.

I really hope he is ruthless and focuses our best XI for the league and retrofits everything else.
We're finishing the season with another carabao, if we're lucky.

Its so fucking defeatist to cry and moan about us now having lost the title.
We’re still in a great position and nobody should give up. We go again and win the next game.

Everything to play for this season. Stop crying you fannies.

if you can’t handle the dissection of “what led to this defeat” then don’t come on after a match pal

One things for sure, it's gonna be an intriguing title race with twists and turns to come.

Brilliant for the neutrals.....not so much for the fans of the 3 teams involved.

The fact that we couldn't big ourselves up for a game like this is fucking soul destroying
Sometimes you actually need the right footballers for a system if you are playing a good side. You can't just will your way to victory. We've done quite well with all the players we've had out, but it was too much. The other thing is the players that were out, caused us to play a far more balanced, sensible system of play. So we have better players coming back, but ones who compromise a lot of fluidity and symmetry in the side.

There is zero suggestion that we have fixed the right side of our team, and in many ways we've broken it.

Looking at our upcoming fixtures, we've got "winnable" games all the way to the City game.
We have to win every remaining game imo.

When Trent isn't playing hollywood passes very few else in world football can play that we all drool and have a little bash over, he's fucking shite.

There isn't one single solitary thing he does well for a defender, not hard to see why he's England's 3rd choice RB. We have better options now in Joe and Bradley, either use him in midfield or not at all.

It's still in our own hands. The next game is in 6 days, at home against Burnley. After that another 7 days until the next game, so the team has time to recharge.
We've been here before, it's a blip.
Beating Arsenal was never a given and I think most of the disappointment stems from how bad we looked, but we've got an experienced squad, our injured players are coming back, so I believe we will use these games to gain our momentum again and go on another run.

City will drop points and so will Arsenal.
Arsenal has City and Spurs away.
City play against us and Spurs away.

Our most difficult away game is against Villa and fingers crossed it won't be a must win game.

Last edited:
When Trent isn't playing hollywood passes very few else in world football can play that we all drool and have a little bash over, he's fucking shite.

There isn't one single solitary thing he does well for a defender, not hard to see why he's England's 3rd choice RB. We have better options now in Joe and Bradley, either use him in midfield or not at all.
Too harsh mate. He’s just back from injury too. Let’s be a little loyal here

It's still in our own hands. The next game is in 6 days, at home against Burnley. After that another 7 days until the next game, so the team has time to recharge.
We've been here before, it's a blip.
Beating Arsenal was never a given and I think most of the disappointment stems from how bad we looked, but we've got an experienced squad, our injured players are coming back, so I believe we will use these games to gain our momentum again and go on another run.

City will drop points and so will Arsenal.
Arsenal has City away and Spurs away.
City play against us away and Spurs.

Our most difficult away game is against Villa and fingers crossed it won't be a must win game.
with that perspective, we will be in the race for a long time. If I am being honest, I never thought at the start of the season or even 1.5 months ago that we will have two points lead over the 2nd team in the league (fully aware that City has two games in hand).

We just need more luck with injuries till the end of the season. City game is tricky but they are obviously beatable this season compared to many other seasons under Pep.

Back
Top Bottom