• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Title Race

LFC remaining fixtures:

A Arsenal
H Burnley
A Brentford
H Luton
A Nottm Forest
H Man City
A Everton
H Brighton
H Sheff Utd
A Man Utd
H Crystal Palace
A Fulham
A West Ham
H Tottenham
A Aston Villa
H Wolves

City remaining fixtures:

A Brentford
H Everton
H Chelsea
A Bournemouth
H Man Utd
A Liverpool
A Brighton
H Arsenal
H Aston Villa
A Crystal Palace
H Luton
A Tottenham
A Nottm Forest
H Wolves
A Fulham
H West Ham

Who has the toughest schedule?
16 Games left... We win 13 of them, that should be enough

Not a lot in it really to be honest.

Depending on whether fixtures are shifted around etc they have a nasty little run in the middle there though - United, Liverpool, Brighton, Arsenal, Villa.

On paper at least we don't really have that as things stand

Our away games are all rough aren't they.

Or maybe it's because I look at away games very different to how I did 5....10...15 years ago.
The Villa away game scares me, I really hope we have at least a 4 point gap to city by then

Not a lot in it really to be honest.

Depending on whether fixtures are shifted around etc they have a nasty little run in the middle there though - United, Liverpool, Brighton, Arsenal, Villa.

On paper at least we don't really have that as things stand
Look at their 4 last games and ours. They're not dropping any points there.
I'm already feeling the anxiety

Our away games are all rough aren't they.

Or maybe it's because I look at away games very different to how I did 5....10...15 years ago.
Nah. We should win all of those with only Arsenal and Villa as doubts. In fact the way we're playing I doubt we'll lose again all season. Fuck you VAR and Spurs.

Which three games do you think City will drop points?
Look at the games they've dropped points in already this season. Even their Home games have some dodgy/difficult matches. Whereas we have only City and Spurs.

Just because they're favourites for each individual game doesn't mean they're likely to win EVERY game. We're both almost certain to drop points, it's just tough to say where. Even those last 4 games, they're probably only about 50/50 to win them all.

Nah. We should win all of those with only Arsenal and Villa as doubts. In fact the way we're playing I doubt we'll lose again all season. Fuck you VAR and Spurs.
The way we're playing certainly helps but it's not gonna be as plain sailing as that.

We'd do well to come away from Utd, Everton West Ham and Brentford with 12 points but we tend to make lives difficult for ourselves away from home.

If our form holds all the way to the Villa game, we're winning the lot

Last edited:
Just because they're favourites for each individual game doesn't mean they're likely to win EVERY game. We're both almost certain to drop points, it's just tough to say where. Even those last 4 games, they're probably only about 50/50 to win them all.
50/50?! I wish I had your confidence

City have the tougher list.
Both teams runs in Europe will dictate a lot.

Imagine 7 days playing final league, Europa final and FA Cup.

We win 13 out of 16, we will be on a minimum of 90 points which should be enough. We need an opposing team to do us a favour and end KDB's season along with Silva's.
I am not going to jinx it by saying where City will come a cropper, I just think aiming for 90 points is a realistic target which should win us the league

We've said this before. They are a machine in the home stretch.

We've said this before. They are a machine in the home stretch.

Yeah I remember saying pretty much exactly the same in 22 and I was right. There were about 6 or 7 games left and I said they would probably drop points, and they did - to West Ham. I'm not saying we won't drop more than them. I'm just saying they're extremely unlikely to win 20 odd games in a row.

City have a tough run of games whereas ours are more spread out. If City come through that period within a few points of the top spot then it's time to fear the worst. Until then, optimism wins. For all the fear of Haaland and KDB, we have the better defence, as well as the better keeper. City have let in five more than us and three more than Arsenal. When the margins are this tight, that matters.

Additionally Klopp has form for crazy winning runs when it matters, and it's never mattered more than now. Also City have to contend with the CL whereas we should be able to sensibly rotate in the EL until the later stages. If it wasn't for the Spurs game, which doesn't count, the media would be hyping us up as the next invincibles. City also played more games than anyone last year. That might hit a wall and not be as imperious as we fear.

There's enough there to hang your hat on (and pray to the footballing gods).

Last edited:
I got us winning if we beat Arsenal this Sunday, the league will be ours - I can't see us losing or drawing to anyone and YES that does include city. Our team does not play to a system, it plays to just win now, and at this late stage of the season the teams that try a low block will not be as successful as the early part of the season unless the are fighting relegation. You heard it from MORON first.

In other news the Luton home game will be played on the 21st of Feb, four days before the cup final.

You never know , the cup final might itself be against Luton.
The EFL cup final already confirmed v the plastics you mean?

Or are you suggesting the Luton game is of more importance than the actual cup final?

What's going on here.

The EFL cup final already confirmed v the plastics you mean?

Or are you suggesting the Luton game is of more importance than the actual cup final?

What's going on here.
Yeah I'm not following either...

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

As far as playing Luton 4 days before the final, no problems. 3 points and a cup win. As Pep alluded to in an earlier PC (which I tend to agree with) it's better when the games come thick and fast, all about building up momentum and riding off that. Chelsea have the hardest game possible a week before. We all know what we did to Chelsea when they had the extra 2 days rest....that came largely because of how destructive we were v Norwich and them playing out to a shoddy replay.

Totally agree. I'd rather have it February than in March when EL and possibly the FA cup games will be scheduled.

Sorry for some reason, i thought you guys were talking about the FACup final, with the assumption we would make the final, and a cheeky comment we would be facung them in the hope that they progress, which would mean them getting a fanciful victory over ... Man City

Sorry for some reason, i thought you guys were talking about the FACup final, with the assumption we would make the final, and a cheeky comment we would be facung them in the hope that they progress, which would mean them getting a fanciful victory over ... Man City
No worries, I've done it....

We win 13 out of 16, we will be on a minimum of 90 points which should be enough. We need an opposing team to do us a favour and end KDB's season along with Silva's.
I am not going to jinx it by saying where City will come a cropper, I just think aiming for 90 points is a realistic target which should win us the league
I think the longer we hold to the lead over ManCity, better are our chances to win the league. Psychologically City are not built to follow us till the end the way we did and missed the title by 1 point. All we need to do is, be ahead of them as long as possible and even those fuckers will start believing that it is our year, will give up and focus on other trophies.

Back
Top Bottom