• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Title Race

Bold prediction but I don't think City will win it now. They look like they almost certainly have to win them all and I don't think they will. I think they'll draw one of those games which will leave us scope to draw 2 of ours and still finish above them.

IMO Arsenal will be the bigger problem, because of the GD.
Arsenal are a concern, but I'm in no way ready to rule city out. The PTSD won't let me

I think city are in a better position than arse. City's games are piss and they're used to this.

City have to go to Spurs still, which is as hard a game as any of us have left. Obviously they've got a decent chance if they win all the games, but the odds are firmly against that. Arsenal's GD and extra point basically puts them within one game of us, whereas City need us to fuck up twice. Doesn't seem much but it's got to be a major factor at this stage.

Arsenal seem like the team most in control especially XGs against
City have the easiest run in,
We are the one they all expecting us to slip up.
What a race so far…

Someone’s fucking up this weekend, no chance all 3 come away with 3 points seeing where each side have to travel to.

Liverpool’s attackers have now scored 7⃣7⃣ goals between them across all competitions this season:

🇪🇬 Mo Salah - 21
🇺🇾 Darwin Nunez - 17
🇵🇹 Diogo Jota - 14
🇳🇱 Cody Gakpo - 13
🇨🇴 Luis Diaz - 12

City have to go to Spurs still, which is as hard a game as any of us have left. Obviously they've got a decent chance if they win all the games, but the odds are firmly against that. Arsenal's GD and extra point basically puts them within one game of us, whereas City need us to fuck up twice. Doesn't seem much but it's got to be a major factor at this stage.
Spurs are counter attacking experts, it's going to be a nightmare for City

We have scored so many late goals and won games late this season because we have such a deep squad.

So we're only going to get better with players returning and the bench looking stronger and stronger : Jones, Trent, Jota, Gravy.

The injuries are now going to actually have the benefit of having greatly reduced minutes per player for most of our squad meaning they'll be fresher (than City or Arsenal players) for the run in and EL. It's an average of 6-8 games less in their legs for most of our top 13-15 players.

So long as we can manage games through 60 mins we'll be seeing them out or winning them in the last 30 mins when other teams fade and the spaces/errors start to appear.

Sub involvements (goals & assists):

Screenshot-2024-04-05-at-16-28-16.png

Last edited:
Liverpool’s attackers have now scored 7⃣7⃣ goals between them across all competitions this season:

🇪🇬 Mo Salah - 21
🇺🇾 Darwin Nunez - 17
🇵🇹 Diogo Jota - 14
🇳🇱 Cody Gakpo - 13
🇨🇴 Luis Diaz - 12
Considering the shit Cody gets, that’s super impressive.

🇪🇬 Mo Salah - 21
🇺🇾 Darwin Nunez - 17
🇵🇹 Diogo Jota - 14
🇳🇱 Cody Gakpo - 13
🇨🇴 Luis Diaz - 12

How's this compare to other teams?

Gakpro now on 14 and Super Darwin on 18.

79 goals between them all.

Has to be the best around, by some distance too.

🇪🇬 Mo Salah - 21
🇺🇾 Darwin Nunez - 17
🇵🇹 Diogo Jota - 14
🇳🇱 Cody Gakpo - 13
🇨🇴 Luis Diaz - 12

There was a season where we only had one player in double figures, maybe Milan Baros?

We are only ahead of City by 4 in GD. City still have to play Luton at home, Fulham, Crystal Palace, West Ham at home. They are more than capable of making up that goal difference.

We are only ahead of City by 4 in GD. City still have to play Luton at home, Fulham, Crystal Palace, West Ham at home. They are more than capable of making up that goal difference.

Yeah but it'll probably be irrelevant because we're unlikely to lose any games and they're an even number of points behind.

So assuming we lose none, they need us to draw two more than they do. Which at this stage is a lot.

I don't think anyone has won the league on goal difference.

Before anyone mentions 1989 - that wasn't goal difference.

I don't think anyone has won the league on goal difference.

Before anyone mentions 1989 - that wasn't goal difference.
No, technically not... But if we'd scored just one more goal in any game, all season long, we'd have won that title.

Back
Top Bottom