• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Title Race

2stupid-dogs-big-dog.gif

Last edited:
BBC reported Walker went off with a hamstring problem whilst playing for England. That’s a big blow for them if it’s bad

In a weird way, i miss the days of not challenging for the league, but being a cup team. My heart can't take it. Pretty much from March-May every year recently, all i've felt is dread and anxiety. Some elation at the end that makes up for it... but when there's no elation, oh christ.

Like, i shouldn't care that walker got injured. But i do. Massively. As now i worry about martinelli down that flank going up against who!?!

I'm not cut out for supporting a successful team. I grew up in the 90s, so never experienced this consistently. Just worrying about cup games.

In a weird way, i miss the days of not challenging for the league, but being a cup team. My heart can't take it. Pretty much from March-May every year recently, all i've felt is dread and anxiety. Some elation at the end that makes up for it... but when there's no elation, oh christ.

Like, i shouldn't care that walker got injured. But i do. Massively. As now i worry about martinelli down that flank going up against who!?!

I'm not cut out for supporting a successful team. I grew up in the 90s, so never experienced this consistently. Just worrying about cup games.

Would you like a free copy of my guide How to Beat Blood Pressure Without Medications?

🤣🤣🤣

Agreed. Part of it will not having the chance to celebrate it last time. It was a lacklustre payoff. I doubt the feeling will ever be as good as a major final, especially the CL. Nothing tops that from a fans perspective.

Same! Not going to lie but I was glad for the international weekend for a little respite.

Don't like to admit this but I was more interested in the CL draw than our draw in the UEFA Cup

I do understand that view, but ultimately I can't share it. Maybe it's because I've followed the club from Shanks' time onwards and got used to the pressures which winning stuff can bring, but - despite the stress it can cause - I still want us to be in the running for the big prizes.

Fabio, Squiggles and any other big girl's blouses who prefers winning a knock-out tournament to the grind of the league. ;)

Not a chance... The league comes first. Every time. Nothing is more important. My children, probably, but that's it. My siblings have all had a good innings and my Mam is already gone.

The only brag that cannot be topped is "Fuck you, we're champions"... Everything else, even the European Cup, can be topped by that retort. It's meant to be tense, because it's so important. When we won the league in 2020, I cried like a baby. When we won the European Cup in 2019, I enjoyed it, but felt as much relief as I did joy... It was all that was left, after we'd lost the league, and we just couldn't end THAT season, and follow up THAT comeback with a loss.

Nothing brings the joy of being the league champions. Ever.

Of course, I am getting quite old and I remember when we did it for fun, so there's that... But having lived through both periods of modern LFC history, I can assure you, being really, really good is better than being feckin' useless. :cool:

Fabio, Squiggles and any other big girl's blouses who prefers winning a knock-out tournament to the grind of the league. ;)

Not a chance... The league comes first. Every time. Nothing is more important. My children, probably, but that's it. My siblings have all had a good innings and my Mam is already gone.

The only brag that cannot be topped is "Fuck you, we're champions"... Everything else, even the European Cup, can be topped by that retort. It's meant to be tense, because it's so important. When we won the league in 2020, I cried like a baby. When we won the European Cup in 2019, I enjoyed it, but felt as much relief as I did joy... It was all that was left, after we'd lost the league, and we just couldn't end THAT season, and follow up THAT comeback with a loss.

Nothing brings the joy of being the league champions. Ever.

Of course, I am getting quite old and I remember when we did it for fun, so there's that... But having lived through both periods of modern LFC history, I can assure you, being really, really good is better than being feckin' useless. :cool:
Oh no, you misunderstand. I want to win the league more than fucking anything else. I just don't think I'm cut out for it.

Oh no, you misunderstand. I want to win the league more than fucking anything else. I just don't think I'm cut out for it.

Oh... That.

Well, yeah... That's fair. None of us are, my friend. :)

I have been genuinely concerned about the strain this team and these title races have put on my heart several times over the past ten years or so... Starting with that 3-2 win Vs the cheats in spring 2014 (once Coutinho made it 3-2, I physically couldn't watch the rest of the match... Had to go for a walk around the neighbourhood and just hope we were still ahead when I got home) and continuing into both of our one-point loss seasons.

As the big games drag on, usually close and tense, I can feel my heart race, my blood pressure goes through the roof, and I have had more than one occasion where I 'came to' on my knees, inches from the TV screen and not realizing that I'd moved from the couch to that spot until the game was over.

This club will deffo be part of the reason that I shuffle this mortal coil a year or two before I probably should - My Mam used to say 'getting old isn't for sissies'... She was right. Usually was, mind. But she should have added 'or following Liverpool' to the start of the sentence.

Still better than being shite though. ;)

Jaysus lads. So many chances in that game today, Just saw highlights. Delighted we won and amazed we create so much.
But are our chances to goals ratio a bit guff? Bit more of an issue against the top 5 for us, when chances are fewer.

We need GOALS this week vs Sheffield United.

If City win their remaining 8 games, they'll be on 91 points. We could amass 94 points if we win our remaining 9 games. There isn't much wiggle room as City have the easier fixture list amongst the three.

City's remaining fixtures
DateH/AOpponentPpG
03/04/24ACrystal Palace1.03
13/04/24HLuton0.73
25/04/24ABrighton1.45
28/04/24ANott'm Forest0.94
04/05/24HWolves1.41
11/05/24AFulham1.30
19/05/24HWest Ham1.47
*TBAATottenham1.93

Arses

DateH/AOpponentPpG
Apr, 06ABrighton1.45
Apr, 14HAston Villa1.97
Apr, 20AWolves1.41
Apr, 23HChelsea1.43
Apr, 28ATottenham1.93
May, 04HBournemouth1.31
May, 11AMan Utd1.66
May, 19HEverton1.07

LFC
DateH/AOpponentPpG
Apr, 04HSheffield Utd0.52
Apr, 07AMan Utd1.66
Apr, 14HCrystal Palace1.03
Apr, 21AFulham1.30
Apr, 24AEverton1.07
Apr, 28AWest Ham1.47
May, 04HTottenham1.93
May, 11AAston Villa1.97
May, 19HWolves1.41

Bold prediction but I don't think City will win it now. They look like they almost certainly have to win them all and I don't think they will. I think they'll draw one of those games which will leave us scope to draw 2 of ours and still finish above them.

IMO Arsenal will be the bigger problem, because of the GD.

I think Arsenal's run in looks the toughest, but they're in good form. Hopefully, they'll bottle it and finish third in what everyone expected to be a two horse race at the start of the season. The media's Arsenal love in is vomit inducing.

Back
Top Bottom