• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Todays games

Status
Not open for further replies.
that's a pity as the players would have had longer to rest after the euros
It a choice of playing in the last qualifier which will be on the 1st august or the play offs which would start mid august.
If FFF is right the players will have an extra two weeks before their first Europa League game

AtVdI4SCIAAD3_J.jpg

That has just staggered me.

Gomez has left me non-plussed. Scoring for fun right through the competion with quickest hat-trick of all time and quickest 4 in a match of all time. Then can't hit the side of a barn in the final - and that's from the inside.

I didn't think I'd ever say it of a German team but they choked big time; destroyed that plastic team from London everywhere but the penalty box. I honestly thought that was it when Muller scored; then they took him off and I thought uh-oh - this has disaster written all over it. When Robben missed the pen I knew it was 2005 all over again - like it had been written in the stars. Not as obvious as Dudek's incredible double save but, all the same, it was obvious.

Still let myself hope when they were up in the pens and then came Olic and that was that. What a rubbish night.

You're ignoring part of what you quoted.

Chelsea won the fa cup therefore got europa group stage as winners.

They don't need it now so it drops to us as finalists. However spurs get the automatic one because they missed out on their cl place so we effectively swap with them.

Where does it say it drops to us as finalists? It says it drops to the highest placed team in the league not already in Europe.

Quiffing, but I thought Luiz was top class last night, as he has been in the Champions League all season.

Bayern Munich choked last night and Robben's missed penalty sucked theself belief out of them.

Drogba! He always turns up in the big games. I hate him. Credit to the Chavs for doing the business.

Torres moaning again ...

"It's contradictory because I feel like I'm at a peak moment in my career, with more desire and hunger than I've felt in a long time, but I've had to spend the final on the bench," Torres was quoted as saying by guillembalague.com. "It was a huge disappointment when I saw the line-up, perhaps the biggest in my life.

"This season I have felt things that I never had before. I've felt like they treated me in a way that I didn't expect, not in the way that was spoken of when they signed me.

"We've had a lot of talks and we'll talk about my future because the role I've had this season is not for me, nor is it the one I expected to play when I came here. I'm not comfortable.

"I want them to tell me what is going to happen in the future. Football has been fair on us, on me. Now, I do feel like football is worth it, but I've been through a difficult time. The worst in my career. I don't want that again.

"There's been many times when I've felt lost - I wasn't sure what to do. I felt like I didn't know where I belonged. I'm eternally grateful to my family, who have been by my side, and also for the support of the owners, who have stuck by me, and especially to the fans - if it hadn't been for them this season I would have given up.

"I need the club to tell me what is going to happen and what sort of role I will have within the team, what my duties are, what the club expects of me - and then judge whether it is worth it."

Ah but now he has a champions league medal and a fa cup medal to hang alongside his world cup medal in the cabinet marked "Competitions in which my contribution made a real difference"

The original intention was to play him and Suarez together. If we could get him for £10-12 mill, it would be worth a go. He was showing some decent form towards the end of the league season.

The original intention was to play him and Suarez together. If we could get him for £10-12 mill, it would be worth a go. He was showing some decent form towards the end of the league season.

That's complete and utter nonsense.

And the accounts back that up quite emphatically

I didn't realise that was controversial. Fair enough if it's demonstrably wrong (how so incidentally?).

Be that as it may, I'd consider bringing Torres back. Why cut off our nose to spite our face if there's a suitable deal to be done?

I didn't realise that was controversial. Fair enough if it's demonstrably wrong (how so incidentally?).

Be that as it may, I'd consider bringing Torres back. Why cut off our nose to spite our face if there's a suitable deal to be done?

Money.

"Paperwork" was allegedly holding up the Suarez deal which coincidentally got the go ahead the minute we agreed to selling Torres.

Could we not try and buy a player who didn't leave us quite so horribly?

Money.

"Paperwork" was allegedly holding up the Suarez deal which coincidentally got the go ahead the minute we agreed to selling Torres.

You have absolutly no idea about wheter or not we wanted to play Suarez together with Torres or not.
Unless you know he people in charge of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom