• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Top 4 Rivals : Transfers and Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
How good is Mudryk? @rurikbird any insight?

Incredible pace, good dribbling ability and hunger for goals – I thought he was exactly what we needed to replace Mane. Now it looks like Chelsea will hijack Arsenal's deal (even though Mudryk made it clear he wants to go to Arsenal) and with Chelsea's history of being strikers' graveyard and buying expensive players against their will (Lukaku) I am somewhat less confident about him being successful here.

Last edited:
As of 2 Jan 2023:

Untitled2.jpg

Now this would be a top top top signing for them.
Properly solidify that spine for years ...
If only we had the ability to do this when we were on top and winning the last 2 years .

Why would our owners do that - I think I know whats going on now, they are properly running down the club into a selling mode:

1) it will impact us on the pitch as they predict, Liverpool fans get so tired of it, they won't kick up a fuss if an Arab owner comes in. Fans will be desperate for anyone with Billions to come in to invest and rejuvenate the team.
2) reduce the wage bill to make the books look better as they rip all that data analysis and scouting out of the club.
3) by keeping the employee count low - it allows the new owners to implement their own structures without making huge cuts in jobs.

Simple really.

I don't understand this way of thinking. Isnt a club with proper scouting staff, and a good league position a better investment?

I can understand the urge to avoid signings that the potential new owners may find objectionable

Why would our owners do that - I think I know whats going on now, they are properly running down the club into a selling mode:

1) it will impact us on the pitch as they predict, Liverpool fans get so tired of it, they won't kick up a fuss if an Arab owner comes in. Fans will be desperate for anyone with Billions to come in to invest and rejuvenate the team.
2) reduce the wage bill to make the books look better as they rip all that data analysis and scouting out of the club.
3) by keeping the employee count low - it allows the new owners to implement their own structures without making huge cuts in jobs.

Simple really.
1. There will be major issues with the fans if we are part of sports washing.
2. That whole department would make less money than one oxlade chamberlain or Keita
3. New owners wouldn’t think twice about moving someone on who didn’t feature in their plans

1. There will be major issues with the fans if we are part of sports washing.
2. That whole department would make less money than one oxlade chamberlain or Keita
3. New owners wouldn’t think twice about moving someone on who didn’t feature in their plans

Sports washing ? - you know what, I always felt that Real Madrid, and Barca started all this, not the Arab owned clubs, or Chelsea. Lets not forget that by the standards of the time in the 80's we were owned by very rich owners and spent the most. The new owners we will have in terms of wealth is how it is now, if we still want to remain relevant as a club. Finally in terms of people getting on their high horse and characterizing them in a bad way - well lets not forget that our current owners had a stake in a popular newspaper in America that had to apologize for publishing a load of bollox that encouraged the Iraq war. So there is blood amongst all the Billionaires of this world. The way I see it - we are just going to be on a level-playing field with the top dogs now.

On point 2 - yes you are right - but they (new owners) probably don't want the complications of employee discussions etc... the less people to deal with the better.

On Point 3 - that's up to them who they move on, but I think Klopp is part of the deal and attraction of our club, you are kind of guaranteed to get to cup finals - especially in Europe - I mean 7 seasons we have been to 3 UCL, and 1 Europa Final. Not many out there can match this.

don't fight it - accept it, embrace it - you will be a lot happier.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom