• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Top 4 Rivals : Transfers and Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not sure I agree with Conte TBH. I can see potential problems if a club doesn't keep public statements issued on its behalf on a tight rein, and the more different people are making them, the harder it will be to keep the club's overall image under close control. Too many cooks, and all that.

Agree with Conte.

Asking a manager what the problem with a player is when injured is silly, a medical personnel would be able to fully give a diagnosis + recovery length.

Asking the manager to explain the decision behind a ref giving offside in build up or red card for late lunge despite getting ball first for example is silly, a senior official
would be able to justify their decision making.

It's not just the manager who's involved in a 90 minute game.

Yeah, I can see Conte’s point in some scenarios where the respnsibilities lie well above the manager.

Our top level club exec comms has been broken since Peter Moore left. The current lot seem to all just hide behind Klopp, which is opposite to Kroenke and family. Unless They really fucked up with the fans then JH will release his annual sorry video.

Managers would get super tetchy if other people came out to give press conferences given that a lot of them like to power trip anyways.
They’d get tetchy if you took away a slice of their wages because of media duties. There is a reason they are paid the big bucks.

Trossard to Arsenal is apparently on. Decent signing that

On the other end of the table, West Ham have just signed Danny Ings

It's ridiculous that we buy an inferior player for £37m when we had a free run at a proven PL goalscorer for £20m.

Adds to the frustration of seeing Wolves buy Gomes for £17m and us getting paying close to £50m for Nunes

It's ridiculous that we buy an inferior player for £37m when we had a free run at a proven PL goalscorer for £20m.

Gakpo has 5 years on Trossard.....assuming those are the 2 you're referring to.

Although he looks about 12, he's 28.....we're trying to get rid of the old washed up hasbeens, not add to it.

Adds to the frustration of seeing Wolves buy Gomes for £17m and us getting paying close to £50m for Nunes

Isn't Gakpo like 5 years younger than Trossard? I guess we're paying for potential + decent world cup tax, I don't think the fee was excessive given his stats and reputation (unlike Antony from the same league). I get where you're coming from though and it's very annoying as we seem to desperately need players who can perform from the off (we're already dealing with the same issue in Nunez) and so far there have been no signs of Gakpo being able to do that

The Nunes link I still refuse to believe because it makes no sense to me at all

We're trying to reduce the average age of the squad though. Not performing from the get-go is a risk you take when you sign younger players.

Trossard would be a stop gap/backup. Exactly what arsenal need. As JJ said we're trying to overhaul a squad

Not sure Trossard is the stop gap they need. He's quite similar to what they already have.
But he's shown to be a massive cunt with a poor attitude so maybe signing him will blow up in their faces when he doesnt get to play. Sign.

Apples and Oranges mate.

Just saw a YouTube video there named ‘has haaland made Man City worse?’ We would’ve been delighted to know back in august that this sort of question would be asked mid season. Only problem is we’re shite and Arsenal have filled the void :sick:

Just saw a YouTube video there named ‘has haaland made Man City worse?’ We would’ve been delighted to know back in august that this sort of question would be asked mid season. Only problem is we’re shite and Arsenal have filled the void :sick:
It's too early to say that - especially after the amazing start he's had - though when they signed him pre-season I did say I had my doubts about how he would integrate and if it would affect the way City play. Of course he's made me look a fool for doubting (wishful thinking perhaps) early doors but there is definitely an issue. I'd be surprised if they can't overcome it though.

I'd argue that with Jota and Diaz waiting in the wings, a ready made stop gap at left wing was exactly what we needed, not another expensive project to be thrown into the deep end alongside Darwin, Fabio and Harvey.

Maybe it's because I don't see him as better than Jota or Diaz in the long term either.

It's too early to say that - especially after the amazing start he's had - though when they signed him pre-season I did say I had my doubts about how he would integrate and if it would affect the way City play. Of course he's made me look a fool for doubting (wishful thinking perhaps) early doors but there is definitely an issue. I'd be surprised if they can't overcome it though.

The conclusion from the video was that he hasn’t made them worse but he has made them different

Sadly i agree, they’ll overcome it. It’s just very irritating that their stumble occurs at the same time as our slip.

City find themselves in the same situation as us, albeit 3 months behind.

Constantly changing back line with the main man injured. An aging midfield which isn’t ticking. Have a lot of possession but it all seems flat. Some poor transfer decisions which didn’t plan for the future.

A forward who isn’t really suited to the style of the team.

Trossard is good, but they will now have to fit him into what works really well, with Ødegaard, Martinelli and Saka.
I hope it disrupts more than helps.

I'd argue that with Jota and Diaz waiting in the wings, a ready made stop gap at left wing was exactly what we needed, not another expensive project to be thrown into the deep end alongside Darwin, Fabio and Harvey.

Maybe it's because I don't see him as better than Jota or Diaz in the long term either.
He's better than Jota as he can make it onto the pitch.

Right time/age for Brighton to sell and reinvest too - a tidy profit from the £15m they paid for him.

Untitled.jpg
Untitled2.jpg

Untitled3.jpg

Last edited:
Looks talented and caught the eye before his injury earlier this season. Looks like a total revamp is on it's way.

The kind of active squad building/succession building I hope we'll adopt

[article]Manchester City are wrapping up a deal for Velez Sarsfield whizkid Maximo Perrone.

He is expected to travel to England for his medical next month, with the two clubs reaching terms worth £8.5m.

Velez president Sergio Rapisarda has confirmed the talks are ongoing and admitted that Perrone is determined to leave.

"The boy, he wants to go," Rapisarda said. "The City coach called him three times, [Javier] Mascherano also persuaded him, which I don't like.

"The boy loves the coach of that club. We are going to take the risk. We are trying to be the best in the transfer and with numbers that favour Velez."[/article]

There's already rumours of Sterling being ditched. Ziyech and Pulisic will probably leave. Hudson-Odoi, who's on loan at Leverkusen most likely isn't in their plans (how times have changed, seeing Bayern were previously after him) too. Broja did pretty fine with Southampton when he was on loan there and should fetch a decent fee.

There's already rumours of Sterling being ditched. Ziyech and Pulisic will probably leave. Hudson-Odoi, who's on loan at Leverkusen most likely isn't in their plans (how times have changed, seeing Bayern were previously after him) too.

Sterling just got here....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom