• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Top 4 Rivals : Transfers and Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
No fucking rules in this country.

Clubs allowed to spend what they want on who they want from anywhere in the world.

UK is a weak as piss country, "Pretends" to have these high class values.

Moving to Canada this summer.

one of his side's biggest PL rivals? Are they talking about Newcastle, or Tottenham? Or do they mean Aston Villa

Absolutely. As a club we're way behind City and Chelsea in the way we're run.

Disappointing that our transfer market stance/strategy (if there's any) kinda meant the expertise of those recruitment/scouting staffs can't be maximized.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/05/22/magazine/soccer-data-liverpool.html
"Graham, who earned a doctorate in theoretical physics at Cambridge, built his own database to track the progress of more than 100,000 players from around the world."

one of his side's biggest PL rivals? Are they talking about Newcastle, or Tottenham? Or do they mean Aston Villa
Arsenal was the mentioned club. Think it's BS, since they are moving for Trossard.

Just read this interview where Pep highlighted Man City are 7th in net spend over the past 6-7 years :geek:

[article]Manchester City boss Pep Guardiola insists his job isn't guaranteed facing Tottenham tonight.

Guardiola says with 20 Premier League games left for City, 60 points are available to play for. in the coming weeks and months.

“What we have to do doesn't mean it is going to happen," said Guardiola when asked whether his team could possibly embark on a long winning run.

“I don't know what will happen.

“I want to fight all the titles and in the Premier League there are 60 points left to play and many tough games for everyone.

“We are going to fight, but we can lose. People understand that in the last six or seven years we are the seventh team for net spend in this country.

“Our standards make people say, 'what happened at City if they are not at the top of the league?' This is not a problem.

“Accept it and try to be better and work out what we have to do to be there.

“It's not about mentality because you see the games against United or Chelsea where we behaved really well.

“When we lose a game it's a tendency to say we didn't run or fight, but always I believe there is a tactical reason that doesn't help.

“In our game, one or two missed positions that are not correct and we struggle.

“We are not a team that plays man to man. That process - do it well in the right moment - helps to do everything.

“It will be easy for me to say 'guys you don't run', but they want it. They want to perform well.

“Sometimes maybe I didn't choose properly the players. It is a challenge I like because it makes me feel I have to find something to make the team play better.

“I'm the man responsible. When the players don't play well, it's because there is something wrong in my decisions and I have to find it.

“When I die, people will talk about how good Pep was that's for sure, but since we are here, people expect that we perform well and try to win the games otherwise 'Pep out'.

“I want to stay here and for that I have to win games and I have to be there in all competitions."[/article]

The kind of fortune in injuries we can only dream of

1814640b-8811-44a4-8be5-2b2cca276e35.jpg
bcd2a8f1-51d3-4985-8153-661c469be9bc.jpg

a89b179f-a65c-43a7-b411-a161e771b26e.jpg

c2fae32d-e0b0-4d94-9ffc-a8d6690be12c.jpg

[article]Eventually it will click into a whole other gear, but not quite yet. Ultimately Ten Hag will want to see United incorporate more verticality into their possession, and while he will be pleased United top the charts for Opta’s measure of ‘direct attacks’ (49) it is not very Ten Hagian to see United sixth for total progressive passes (561), behind even Antonio Conte’s Tottenham. He will also want more from the press, and a significant improvement on United’s 13.8 PPDA, which is the tenth lowest in the division.[/article]

Clubs allowed to spend what they want on who they want from anywhere in the world.

You're emigrating because Man City signed a player from Argentina?

Bit drastic.

Trossard to Arse for 20M is brilliant business when you're in a title charge. If he helps them over the line, who gives a shit about his age/longevity?

You're emigrating because Man City signed a player from Argentina?

Bit drastic.
Yep. and all the other English clubs that have signed south americans that we're supposedly banned from doing.

I've been told Canada's a nice place, I'm sure I'll be fine.

It would take some time adapting my #1 sport from mens football to womens ice hockey but I'll be ok.

We turn shit the same season Man C does. Fantastic!
Seriously, I think we're cursed.
The one season we win it, we were almost stopped by worldwide epidemic.

What makes you think that we're any better over here in Canada? Or that we'll let you in?

There's already rumours of Sterling being ditched. Ziyech and Pulisic will probably leave. Hudson-Odoi, who's on loan at Leverkusen most likely isn't in their plans (how times have changed, seeing Bayern were previously after him) too. Broja did pretty fine with Southampton when he was on loan there and should fetch a decent fee.

Yeah, they have plenty of saleable players. Plus FFP only matters if you actually qualify for Europe.

Just read this interview where Pep highlighted Man City are 7th in net spend over the past 6-7 years :geek:

[article]Manchester City boss Pep Guardiola insists his job isn't guaranteed facing Tottenham tonight.

Guardiola says with 20 Premier League games left for City, 60 points are available to play for. in the coming weeks and months.

“What we have to do doesn't mean it is going to happen," said Guardiola when asked whether his team could possibly embark on a long winning run.

“I don't know what will happen.

“I want to fight all the titles and in the Premier League there are 60 points left to play and many tough games for everyone.

“We are going to fight, but we can lose. People understand that in the last six or seven years we are the seventh team for net spend in this country.

“Our standards make people say, 'what happened at City if they are not at the top of the league?' This is not a problem.

“Accept it and try to be better and work out what we have to do to be there.

“It's not about mentality because you see the games against United or Chelsea where we behaved really well.

“When we lose a game it's a tendency to say we didn't run or fight, but always I believe there is a tactical reason that doesn't help.

“In our game, one or two missed positions that are not correct and we struggle.

“We are not a team that plays man to man. That process - do it well in the right moment - helps to do everything.

“It will be easy for me to say 'guys you don't run', but they want it. They want to perform well.

“Sometimes maybe I didn't choose properly the players. It is a challenge I like because it makes me feel I have to find something to make the team play better.

“I'm the man responsible. When the players don't play well, it's because there is something wrong in my decisions and I have to find it.

“When I die, people will talk about how good Pep was that's for sure, but since we are here, people expect that we perform well and try to win the games otherwise 'Pep out'.

“I want to stay here and for that I have to win games and I have to be there in all competitions."[/article]

Well yes but they've also been smart enough to sell their aging / surplus stars for a good sum when they can instead of awarding them long and lucrative contracts on the basis of sentiment, unlike us.

Not to mention they have made relatively well thought out purchases based on their own requirements instead of buying based on vibes.

Trossard to Arse for 20M is brilliant business when you're in a title charge. If he helps them over the line, who gives a shit about his age/longevity?
Absolutely, I wish LFC could adopt the same strategy over the years we have missed the PL by one point and the two occassions we have reached but not won the CL finals. Meanwhile we are perhaps the only club that gets 90+ points and not win the PL title, reach 3 finals in 5 years but with some player strengthening in crucial areas, without putting too much science into it we ciuld have had 3 PL titles and 3 CL and maybe one Europa since Klopp arrived here.

I very much doubt the signing of a hissy fit squad player was the difference between us having 1 PL and 1 CL to not ending up with 3 PL and 3 CL.

Left sided centre back - I didn't see this coming, thought Gabriel + Saliba partnership is working fine. Perhaps (an expensive one) for the future

Last edited:
Yep. and all the other English clubs that have signed south americans that we're supposedly banned from doing.

I've been told Canada's a nice place, I'm sure I'll be fine.

It would take some time adapting my #1 sport from mens football to womens ice hockey but I'll be ok.
Mate toured across Canada in an RV last Autumn. He was shocked - not only did every town look the same (shite he said) but every car park / mall / RV layup spot had a bunch of homeless & drug addicts, he said literally everywhere.

Mate toured across Canada in an RV last Autumn. He was shocked - not only did every town look the same (shite he said) but every car park / mall / RV layup spot had a bunch of homeless & drug addicts, he said literally everywhere.
Might just come to Shanghai and chill with you for a bit then Frroggy.

Unless Stevie wants to invite me round for a few weeks, wouldn't mind knocking about in Melbourne.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom