• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Tott-ming ham H(5 May).4.30

Think it's time for some raaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay.

Tings and blings.

Ali 7 - Nothing he could do with either goal, distribution was pretty good. Few smart stops but can't recall anything too troubling

Trent 8 - Thought he was brilliant especially defensively, up against arguably the best LW in the league and didn't let have him until he popped up with a goal.
Quansah 8 - Starting to think we might not need a new CB in the summer with the season he's had and with how Sepp's progressing at Mainz.
Virgil 7.5 - Standard Virgil performance when he's not being overworked. Makes it look all too easy.
Robbo 7.5 - Bizarre to take him off, Kulusevski was essentially a passenger. His energy is still very much there and good sharpness to react for his goal

Endo 7 - Played well, few errors which didn't mount to anything dangerous but another bizarre sub, should've been Mac who had little impact in the game.
Mac 6 - Don't remember too much, nice ball out to Trent in the build up to Robbo's goal otherwise didn't really see him in the game but that might just be me holding him to higher standards.
Harvey 9 - That's more like it. The quality on the ball to compliment his work rate off it. Brilliant assist, even better goal. Unlucky at the beginning when he had his effort cleared off the line.

Salah 8 - Maybe a bit generous but easily his best performance in 2024. Actually looked like the Mo of old and went at his man. Goal and assist for him too, Not too sure how he missed the 1 from about 5 yards out but it was nice to see him enjoying his football again. I'd still sell the fucker for 100m next month mind.
Gakpo 7.5 - Really good for the first hour, brilliant assist and a well taken goal. I reckon next season if we're playing 4231 he's being pushed out wide on the left.
Diaz 7 - Doesn't always get the reward his performances merit but even if some don't want to acknowledge it, he's been a vital part in Klopp's last season here and his minutes played stats would back that up.

Subs all get a 3 for being terrible.
Just two comments:

Complement, complement, complement!

And Mac played some sublime passes whilst fighting tenaciously vs Spurs midfield.

Are you high or something? It was 24-10 in shots. We could have won 8-3 instead of 4-2.
Played them of the park for 70 mins until we made the subs.

Deserved to lose my arse.
The way we switched off it would have been totally deserved.

They had more shots in the second half than we did apparently.

Just two comments:

And Mac played some sublime passes whilst fighting tenaciously vs Spurs midfield.

Mac played well, but I get the low rating. He was very much so under the radar compared to endo and Elliott. Played more of a gini style role than the usual Macca play

The substitution of Endo (in particular) and Robertson rendered us wide open and Spurs immediately took advantage.

I hope the new coach is a more pragmatic figure as we do need to be able to close out a match.

Making every game gung ho and a shootout is exhausting.

I could barely be arsed going the match yesterday after a day and night out in manc on Saturday but it was a really lovely afternoon. First of all meeting up in Liverpool was good cos it was a gorgeous day and there were chemicals in the air, like everyone knew they had an extra day off and the birds all looked fitter from the windows of my bar, and the lads were all fancying their chances.

I was taking a mate to the game and he wanted to head up earlier than I normally would, I found myself sat in a small bit of grass about a hundred yards away from the ground, possibly the last bit of land that hasn't been bought by the Boston lot, and for some reason tranquil compared to everything going on around, and anfield really does look spectacular in that light on matchday, now the same Boston lads have improved it so much. The atmosphere around the place before during and after was all so positive it could have its own wellness tiktok channel.

I backed us to win four nil, but when Harvey scored that screamer I knew it was too soon to call it a day, I thought we'd win by six. But then the subs happened and the wheels began to spin off. Still, you can't have everything. Where would you keep it all?

Think it's time for some raaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay.

Tings and blings.

Ali 7 - Nothing he could do with either goal, distribution was pretty good. Few smart stops but can't recall anything too troubling

Trent 8 - Thought he was brilliant especially defensively, up against arguably the best LW in the league and didn't let have him until he popped up with a goal.
Quansah 8 - Starting to think we might not need a new CB in the summer with the season he's had and with how Sepp's progressing at Mainz.
Virgil 7.5 - Standard Virgil performance when he's not being overworked. Makes it look all too easy.
Robbo 7.5 - Bizarre to take him off, Kulusevski was essentially a passenger. His energy is still very much there and good sharpness to react for his goal

Endo 7 - Played well, few errors which didn't mount to anything dangerous but another bizarre sub, should've been Mac who had little impact in the game.
Mac 6 - Don't remember too much, nice ball out to Trent in the build up to Robbo's goal otherwise didn't really see him in the game but that might just be me holding him to higher standards.
Harvey 9 - That's more like it. The quality on the ball to compliment his work rate off it. Brilliant assist, even better goal. Unlucky at the beginning when he had his effort cleared off the line.

Salah 8 - Maybe a bit generous but easily his best performance in 2024. Actually looked like the Mo of old and went at his man. Goal and assist for him too, Not too sure how he missed the 1 from about 5 yards out but it was nice to see him enjoying his football again. I'd still sell the fucker for 100m next month mind.
Gakpo 7.5 - Really good for the first hour, brilliant assist and a well taken goal. I reckon next season if we're playing 4231 he's being pushed out wide on the left.
Diaz 7 - Doesn't always get the reward his performances merit but even if some don't want to acknowledge it, he's been a vital part in Klopp's last season here and his minutes played stats would back that up.

Subs all get a 3 for being terrible.

We 100% need a new CB

Virgil isn't getting younger
Matip is leaving and made from rich tea biscuits
Konate is staying and made from rich tea biscuits.

Come on Pat. We could have had 4 in the first half alone. The last 20 wasn't pretty but we battered them for the rest of the game.
We did but fuck me, last 20 reinforced my view that we aren’t champions this season because of our defence not our attack.

We did but fuck me, last 20 reinforced my view that we aren’t champions this season because of our defence not our attack.
It's both pat. Both. We should have been 6 up but we weren't. We should have kept a clean sheet but klopp made subs. We were great until that point.

Just two comments:

They all fought until they all didn't so I don't give extra points for that.

For me he was ok but still the quietest player on the pitch without really imposing himself on the game, so I have to make an example of him. This is the way.

Virgil still physically sound, playing every minute of every game. Arguably our POTS with Ali.
Ibou has only missed 6 games all season to injury, let's say his injuries will be behind him under Slot.
Matip gets an extra year to push back the need for another CB 12 months and plays when available.
Quansah emerging as one of the best young CB's in Europe.
Sepp doing the same in his own right. I'd say he's a little better all round than Quansah as a defender but on the ball Quansah is far better.

As always depends on the outgoings and what kind of budget we have. I'd be looking at a new RW, CF and DM in that order. If Salah is off we need 2 new RW's. If Matip goes then maybe go for someone like Hancko but not sure a big money CB is needed.

Virgil still physically sound, playing every minute of every game. Arguably our POTS with Ali.
Ibou has only missed 6 games all season to injury, let's say his injuries will be behind him under Slot.
Matip gets an extra year to push back the need for another CB 12 months and plays when available.
Sepp doing the same in his own right. I'd say he's a little better all round than Quansah as a defender but on the ball Quansah is far better.

As always depends on the outgoings and what kind of budget we have. I'd be looking at a new RW, CF and DM in that order. If Salah is off we need 2 new RW's. If Matip goes then maybe go for someone like Hancko but not sure a big money CB is needed.
Matip won't be available due to injury so he won't be there when we need him. Replace.

Konate has been having his minutes managed. He's been in and out a lot recently, generally not playing more than 2 consecutive games unless there's a decent break in the middle somewhere. So I don't see him as more resilient to injury, more that we've take steps to reduce the risk.
Sepp should get a chance next season rather than another loan. But he'd be down the pecking order for me.
Virgil starts more often than not, Konate alongside him, subject to managing his minutes, Quansah, who's performed beyond expectations this year, next in line unless Sepp does really well in whatever cup games he plays in. Gomez as final cover for when there are injuries or we need to rotate.
We should let Matip go. I love the guy, but he's done and we can't be sentimental about it. Same as with Ox. Same goes for Nat, who we'd probably all forgotten about, but more that he isn't going to get a look-in with the other guys ahead of him. He didn't let us down when called upon and should be remembered fondly.
I wouldn't have CB as a priority in summer, unless a long-term (first-choice) target becomes available.

Matip won't be available due to injury so he won't be there when we need him. Replace.
He’ll be injured at some point but even if we can get 20-25 games from him he’d be worth keeping for 1 more season if he’s ready in time for the new season. Give it until Jan, if he’s picked up an injury then sign a new CB then.

It was an odd game, however, 3 points were most welcomed, missed so many easy chances, and other end we were a shambles, the same old story of the season, missing chances and very weak defence! The game was changed when Klopp took off Endo who was holding the midfield on his own. Why the team didn't preform like this against C. Palace and West Ham? Must get a 3 points against Villa.
It is quite clear that LFC a new direction and more improved management for next season! 🤞🤞

Back
Top Bottom