• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Two massive games coming up in the league

Status
Not open for further replies.
More like 9 games I thought
We begin the last 32 stage on the 19th.
Spielplan 2014/15
Phase
Daten
Erste Qualifikationsrunde, Hinspiel 03.07.14
Erste Qualifikationsrunde, Rückspiel 10.07.14
Zweite Qualifikationsrunde, Hinspiel 17.07.14
Zweite Qualifikationsrunde, Rückspiel 24.07.14
Dritte Qualifikationsrunde, Hinspiel 31.07.14
Dritte Qualifikationsrunde, Rückspiel 07.08.14
Play-offs, Hinspiel 21.08.14
Play-offs, Rückspiel 28.08.14
Gruppenphase, Spieltag 1 18.09.14
Gruppenphase, Spieltag 2 02.10.14
Gruppenphase, Spieltag 3 23.10.14
Gruppenphase, Spieltag 4 06.11.14
Gruppenphase, Spieltag 5 27.11.14
Gruppenphase, Spieltag 6 11.12.14
Runde der letzten 32, Hinspiel 19.02.15
Runde der letzten 32, Rückspiel 26.02.15
Achtelfinale, Hinspiel 12.03.15
Achtelfinale, Rückspiel 19.03.15
Viertelfinale, Hinspiel 16.04.15
Viertelfinale, Rückspiel 23.04.15
Halbfinale, Hinspiel 07.05.15
Halbfinale, Rückspiel 14.05.15
Finale (Nationalstadion, Warschau) 27.05.15

Firstly the Top 4.
Arsenal have by far the easiest run-in, I'd back them for 3rd. United the toughest, by far, in the last months, so I can see them finishing 5th/6th if their current form persists. There are signs that the pressure is getting to Southampton, I'd expect them to fold as the pressure mounts. Spurs and ourselves have run-ins of similar difficulty levels so it's between the two of us and the EL could impact that, as could the extra pressure on Spurs of the LC final (West Ham before and Swansea after).
We have the extra experience of last season when the pressure was really on .. I expect us to finish 4th, United 5th, Southampton or Spurs 6th. Good Chance.

EL
We have a very winnable tie against Besiktas. Spurs have a very tough tie against an in-form Fiorentina. Spurs, Dnipro, Zenit, Roma, Sevilla, Villareal and Wolfsburg are probably the toughest remaining teams. No cake walk. Good Chance.

FAC
Great chance here, United and Arsenal are both favoured ahead of us but on current form we better them both. Great Chance.

Who do we, United, Arsenal, Spurs and Southampton have left out of the top seven?

I think we have Sot'on (A), City (H), Arsenal (A), United (H) and Chelsea (A) right?

Predictions for the next 2 games for the top 4 contenders?

Spurs: West Ham (h), Chelsea (a) - 3 points, Swansea (a) - 6 points
Southampton: Liverpool (h), West Brom (a) - 3 points
Arse: Palace (a), Everton (h) - 4 points
United: Swansea(a), Sunderland (h) - 6 points
We have Southampton (a) and City (h) - 4 points

Table ends up like this:

Chelsea
City
United -------------- 47 --> 53
Southampton ----- 46 --> 49
Arse ----------------- 45 --> 49
Spurs --------------- 43 --> 46 49
Liverpool ----------- 42 --> 46

Predictions for the next 2 games for the top 4 contenders?

Spurs: West Ham (h), Swansea (h) - 4 points
Arse: Palace (a), Everton (h) - 6 points
United: Swansea (a), Sunderland (h) - 4 points

Table ends up like this:

Arse ---------------- 45 --> 51
United -------------- 47 --> 51
Spurs --------------- 43 --> 47

Still happy with that if that's how it goes, we have a really tough run of matches and just need to stay in touch with United/Spurs/Stn (I see Arsenal easily getting 3rd now with such an easy run-in compared to the rest. United have the toughest).

@Markeh Spurs at Chelsea ? Isn't that the LC final you have there ? It's at home to Swansea after the LC Final I believe.

Good point, Spurs battered them not too long ago didn't they? I'll edit it, shame I'll be giving Spurs another 3 points putting another team 3 points above us.

Spurs: West Ham (h), Swansea (h) - 4 points
Arse: Palace (a), Everton (h) - 6 points
United: Swansea (a), Sunderland (h) - 4 points

Table ends up like this:

Arse ---------------- 45 --> 51
United -------------- 47 --> 51
Spurs --------------- 43 --> 47

Still happy with that if that's how it goes.

It's good we still have Arsenal and United to play, but that looks like it's going to be really tight. Makes our slow start all the more annoying.

I'm not expecting us to finish fourth, and don't think it'll be a disaster if we don't tbh. Certainly going to be close though.

It won't be a disaster but it will be a right pain in the @rse. We'd miss out not only on the CL itself but also on the first year of a loadsamoney new TV deal covering it.

In that thread about the next three games (Everton, Spurs, Saints) I thought we'd get 4 points. We've got 4 points at the moment, and I think we'd do very well to get a result at Southampton.

If we get 4th this season it will be a great achievement, given where we were. Arsenal will get top 4. Maybe even 3rd. I think Utd will get top 4, too. I think we'll come close, but just miss out.

.............Arsenal will get top 4. Maybe even 3rd. I think Utd will get top 4, too. I think we'll come close, but just miss out.

We are 5 (effectively 6 pts when considering GD) behind United so obviously beating them at Anfield is critical however United are only just scraping by now, despite this being the 'easiest' run of their fixture list.

Their last three months of the season are extremely tough with maybe only 2-3 gimmes, and if they continue playing as they are now I think they'll crash and burn :-

February
A - Swansea
H - Sunderland

March
A - Newcastle
H - Spurs
A - Liverpool

April
H - Villa
H - City
A - Chelsea
A - Everton

May
H - WBA
A - Palace
H - Arsenal
A - Hull

United are only just scraping by now, despite this being the 'easiest' run of their fixture list. Their last three months of the season are extremely tough with maybe only 2-3 gimmes, and if they continue playing as they are I think they'll crash and burn :-

March
A - Newcastle
H - Spurs
A - Liverpool

April
H - Villa
H - City
A - Chelsea
A - Everton

May
H - WBA
A - Palace
H - Arsenal
A - Hull

They've got some big results against the teams around them this season, though.

Off the top of my head they drew with Chelsea, beat us, beat Arsenal and beat Southampton.

They're shite, but they're still up there.

I've spent the last 10 years thinking that United aren't as good as their results show, and only last year did it come true.

I'd hold off about thinking they'll fade, they'll definitely be within a few points of 4th, and most likely get it.

I've just done a predictor... Arsenal finished 3rd, Southampton 4th, Utd 5th and us 6th, with us 3 points off 4th.

We are 5 (effectively 6 pts when considering GD) behind United so obviously beating them at Anfield is critical however United are only just scraping by now, despite this being the 'easiest' run of their fixture list.

Their last three months of the season are extremely tough with maybe only 2-3 gimmes, and if they continue playing as they are now I think they'll crash and burn :-

February
A - Swansea
H - Sunderland

March
A - Newcastle
H - Spurs
A - Liverpool

April
H - Villa
H - City
A - Chelsea
A - Everton

May
H - WBA
A - Palace
H - Arsenal
A - Hull

Um, it's not really *that* tough, is it? I think ours is at least as difficult.

That home game against Arsenal could be vital for us, though. You'd think we'll probably need that to go well for us if we're going to sneak into the top 4 - they're both bound to still be up there.

My worry with Utd is that by the time their current easy run is over they'll have found some form again and will be in much better shape to tackle the harder fixtures. I dunno - things just seem to be going for them this season.

Um, it's not really *that* tough, is it? I think ours is at least as difficult.

That home game against Arsenal could be vital for us, though. You'd think we'll probably need that to go well for us if we're going to sneak into the top 4 - they're both bound to still be up there.

My worry with Utd is that by the time their current easy run is over they'll have found some form again and will be in much better shape to tackle the harder fixtures. I dunno - things just seem to be going for them this season.

Well United still have 5 of the what should be the Top 7 to play plus another 4 potentially very tricky away games, their only easy rides would seem to be at home to Sunderland and Villa because even WBA are hitting some form now. One can only hope that United don't hit any form, they haven't shown any yet this season, and that their luck runs out.

For ourselves, although we also still have 5 from the Top 7 to play, overall it seems slightly easier. We need to make up 6 points on them, 3 can come at home if we can manage to win that one. We are half way through our hardest run of games then have 8 games where (Arsenal aside) we should / could be winning, of course it never works out that way but with Sturridge back, Sterling rested, Ibe breaking through and the likes of Can / Markovic / Coutinho finding form, plus Lucas will be back before United, it seems like everything is starting to come together for us. I'm hopeful we can find a way to beat United and pick up at least those other 3 points that we need to finish above them.

Arsenal should be odds-on for 3rd with only 1 of the Top 7 left to play, that leaves Southampton (we need to pick up 5 pts, so next week is critical) and Spurs (we will need 1 or 2 more to go above them) and hopefully our experience pays off.

A - Southampton
H - City
H - Burnley
A - Swansea
H - United
A - Arsenal
H - Newcastle
A - Hull
A - WBA
H - QPR
A - Chelsea
H - Palace
A - Stoke

I've calculated all the factors and pre-supposed all eventualities and can reveal that.....................if Sturridge stays fit we get top 4.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom