• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Tyler Morton

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Thiago looked shite because of injuries and getting used to the tempo of the Prem. Also, he's not a DM. He's a classic CM.
I don't know if the Thiago comparison does Morton any justice, because let's be honest here, Thiago is world class. Morton isn't anywhere close to Thiago obviously. I think he should just be in there grafting and getting stuck in.
Yes, he gets some leeway because playing in midfield is a lot harder than playing on the wing for instance.

Thiago is world class...when in his natural position with a DM next to him. Far as i know morton isn't a DM; so it's hardly surprising he's struggling with the physicality. Also, the 2 games he was "dodgy" in, he was in makeshift midfields. Milner and keita, and ox and hendo.

You can’t compare age for age. Compare Rooney to Salah at 18-20. Players peak at different times.
I can't argue with that, I just used Gilmour as an example of what level he needs to be in.
I can just as well compare him to Elliott or Jones even. Some players just come in and look the part. Morton actually did against both Norwich and Milan. I was really impressed after those games.

Last edited:
He's 19 and looks about 7 stone. The fact that he's getting a game in this side shows he's fucking amazing. Judge him properly when he bulks out and gets a bit more experience. My only problem is he looks a bit like Franny Jeffers, but he can't help that

Thiago is world class...when in his natural position with a DM next to him. Far as i know morton isn't a DM; so it's hardly surprising he's struggling with the physicality. Also, the 2 games he was "dodgy" in, he was in makeshift midfields. Milner and keita, and ox and hendo.
Can't argue with that either. I'm not writing him off, but I can't say that it fills me with confidence seeing him on the pitch atm. I doubt that Morton is going to get a chance to play alongside him because the only reason he's even on the pitch is due to Fabs absence.

I'd be happy sending him to the Championship next year for regular football.

We should also be signing Carney Chukwuemeka from Villa. His contract is running out and he looks a star in the making, plus more physically evolved than Morton as this stage

I'd be happy sending him to the Championship next year for regular football.

We should also be signing Carney Chukwuemeka from Villa. His contract is running out and he looks a star in the making, plus more physically evolved than Morton as this stage
absolutely

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom