• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Very Important Announcement!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there any of the tech in Dantes’ exoskeleton that might be worth re-purposing before it gets melted down for high treason?

Hardware only - the last fucking thing we’d need is Dantes’ AI running the site.

You’ve watched the Mando. Even the nanny couldn’t shift it’s basic functions. Dantes would be the same.

Is this the kind of thing we should be looking for?

https://www.knownhost.com/xenforo-hosting.html

If the cost of it running is in that ball park (10-20 a month) it seems a no brainer - either funded by donations or we find a way to game ad revenue e.g. set up some affiliates or ad loaded pages (maybe one sub forum with ads) that we work out a way to monetise to that level?

Seems easily funded though - and without asking people on the forum to give up time that would be much more valuable than that.

keniget mentioned that on page 7. Also posted some unfavorable reviews.

Surely a website such as this with sub 100 regular users would make fuck all from advertising ?

Have you been let down in the past with the above purchases?
Reading this made me think of an infomercial featuring a flustered StevieM trying to persuade his Russian bride that she can't throw out his beloved penis pump and tasteful portrait of Anfield.

I would be really sad to lose this place...its usually the last site I go on at night and the first I'm on in the morning.

But like most of us here, I am unable to contribute to the upkeep technically but will gladly contribute financially if required.

And, a big THANK YOU to Jono and everyone else that maintains / maintained SCM over the years.

Needless to say, I know fuck all about this shite, but should it get to the point where donations are needed, I'll throw in.
If it comes to finances, I would propose a "Pessimism Box". £10 donation from any poster whenever they post something pessimistic about LFC

What do you think?

Will €€€€s solve the problem I don't have enough techie knowledge to take on this site but am more than happy to pitch in, if so how much do we need?

If we were to dump the archives and start fresh this would all be simple, right???

That seems to be the decision/vote that has to be made by the founders/collective.
Just quoting this so my dear brother can run with my ideas again. Once upon a time we used to make millions for a company that way.

I would be really sad to lose this place...its usually the last site I go on at night and the first I'm on in the morning.

But like most of us here, I am unable to contribute to the upkeep technically but will gladly contribute financially if required.

And, a big THANK YOU to Jono and everyone else that maintains / maintained SCM over the years.

Same here.

Not that I am aware of...

Unless someone comes forward..

SCM will disappear into the Archives of the World Wide Web..

Shall we have a massive post season/6CM drinkies and turn it off just before we head out?

Reactions: ILD
Not that I am aware of...

Unless someone comes forward..

SCM will disappear into the Archives of the World Wide Web..

A few people offered to step in and help...

Is it a case of no-one having the time / will to make any decisions right now?

6Times obviously prefers to spend more time with his chickens than us...
I just don't want the responsibility of running this site anymore..

I don't own it.. never have.. well not intentionally anyway

Just everything ended up that way..

So have the owners then decided to let the site wither and die?
Most of them are fairly absent from the site now aren't they?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom