• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Villa - post match

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gerrard needs the free role. We should have bought a top DM when we had the chance. 4th is looking like along way forward a current goal ho hum.

Henderson was WAY better than him yesterday.

Ok, we were shite anyway, my point was he is still much better than what some people are saying on here. Never mind those who are saying he should be dropped and play Lucas instead.

Absolutely nobody is disputing how good Gerrard is...but an increasing number of respected posters are of the opinion he is playing out of position. He's great but would you play him at left back? Or centre forward? No. So why play him in another position that he's unsuited to?

Absolutely nobody is disputing how good Gerrard is...but an increasing number of respected posters are of the opinion he is playing out of position. He's great but would you play him at left back? Or centre forward? No. So why play him in another position that he's unsuited to?

Well I dont think hes unsuited to that position at all. Im pretty sure hes quite happy to play there and obviously has discussed about this option with the manager. Even when he was playing behind Torres, you could see him drifting back to get the ball. He didnt have to do it that much because he had a great passer of the ball with Alonso but you could see the premices (sp?). He loves to dictate the game, it came naturally as he lost a couple of yards of pace to play in a more advanced role. It almost lead us to the title last year, why change?

Attacking wise I think Gerrard's still got it in him. Its the defensive side of that role that he has to show more consistency.

Kinda interesting Sakho is getting criticism here, besides that one corner he conceded, he was pretty good. While Lovren kept trying to play Hollywood balls, Sakho was the one actually picking out passes to the midfield to help us go forward.

Granted, Lovren was better today. I'd say he was responsible for the goal we conceded, as it was the man he was marking who got a virtually free header in. There was twice I noticed when he was sloppy and gave away the ball, causing a dangerous counter. But he made a few good tackles as well, and probably one great long pass.

Isn't it funny when the expensive replacement is worse than his predecessor?

#InTheEndModoIsAlwaysRight

Ok it was just brilliant reading through all that and I've come to the conclusion........ Ya all trying so hard not to put it into one pot.... Here ya go - WE ARE THE NEW SPURS!! Get fucking over it!
Lallana, markowich and we could've had Di Maria and Falcao- wages blah blah anyway ya get my drift. We just did another 2005/06
I'd be short of telling ya Welbeck will be a better £16m than that tool Baloteli.

Dalglish must be having a giggle.

I hope to fuck that's a failed attempt at humour, for your sake.

Isn't it funny when the expensive replacement is worse than his predecessor?

#InTheEndModoIsAlwaysRight
If you're comparing Sakho to agger... I'd say you're very fucking premature on that. Agger started brightly then went lazy. Sakho has started dodgy, but we'll see.

Villa didn't park the bus. There is a big difference between being defensively well organised (we wish) and lacking any attacking intent. Villa had a counter attack in the last 5 minutes yesterday and they poured forward for it. Again this notion that DM players just stroll around a bit is utter nonsense.

Didn't we have an 83% or an 87% possession stat in the 2nd half ? #parkedthebus ;)

If you're comparing Sakho to agger... I'd say you're very fucking premature on that. Agger started brightly then went lazy. Sakho has started dodgy, but we'll see.

Premature ? No way Modo would ever be premature. For example he gave Lallana a full 60mins (well actually he was deriding him after about 10mins, but still) - how much longer do you need FFS ?

Premature ? No way Modo would ever be premature. For example he gave Lallana a full 60mins (well actually he was deriding him after about 10mins, but still) - how much longer do you need FFS ?

To be fair, I was on his case during the world cup too.
There has to be some balance, it's like being the yin to this forums yang.
When people start calling Lallana the second coming of Maradona (who isn't dead but anyway), I've got to put him under the microscope.
The reason why I think think the Lallana signing was a bit iffy?
Because I tend to think Lallana is a player who is comfortable in his own surroundings. I think he's decent but I'm not sure if he'll ever justify the price tag or replicate his form from Southampton.
You pay £25 mill for a player, you expect goals and assists. Oh, and for God's sake if he doesn't come up with something in the next 10 games, don't say something corny like "he needs time to settle" or whatever.

Who called him the second coming of Maradona?

How about you just be honest and say, you're pissed off we didn't buy Shaqiri (even though they wouldn't sell), or Sanchez (who's wife wanted to go to London)?

No one has really said Lallana is going to be World Class, he's a good player though and he deserves a bit more than getting it after 10 minutes, you couldn't wait to lay into him yesterday, why should we be surprised though? You've been shown up enough times to be an agenda driven tosser.

if he doesn't come up with something in the next 10 games, don't say something corny like "he needs time to settle" or whatever. Coming from the guy who ripped into him after 10 minutes of a game, surely even you can see through your own bullshit, to recognise how fucking laughable that is.

Who called him the second coming of Maradona?

How about you just be honest and say, you're pissed off we didn't buy Shaqiri (even though they wouldn't sell), or Sanchez (who's wife wanted to go to London)?

No one has really said Lallana is going to be World Class, he's a good player though and he deserves a bit more than getting it after 10 minutes, you couldn't wait to lay into him yesterday, why should we be surprised though? You've been shown up enough times to be an agenda driven tosser.

if he doesn't come up with something in the next 10 games, don't say something corny like "he needs time to settle" or whatever. Coming from the guy who ripped into him after 10 minutes of a game, surely even you can see through your own bullshit, to recognise how fucking laughable that is.

I also admitted that I was trolling in the thread. So I am actually giving him about 10 games.

Listen I've heard enough excuses from you and others on this forum to make my eyes bleed.

I also admitted that I was trolling in the thread. So I am actually giving him about 10 games.
How long did you give Henderson ? Spurs look like they were lucky to give Lamela a 2nd season ............... and so on.

How is Louvren and upgrade on Agger?
Why did we not spend money on a world class DM?
How can Ballotelli let Senderos (Senderos!) completely own him all game?
Why don't we have a decent GK?
Why are people surprised a team with 6 new players in it struggled?

Anybody who actually got wound up by Modo in that match thread needs to seriously re-evaluate how they approach reading things on the internet.

Didn't we have an 83% or an 87% possession stat in the 2nd half ? #parkedthebus ;)
We did but most of that possession was spent just aimlessly knocking the ball around. We made Villa's job very comfortable...they didn't need to park the bus because at no stage did we look like jumping on it without buying a ticket. #stretchingthemetaphortobreakingpoint

How long did you give Henderson ? Spurs look like they were lucky to give Lamela a 2nd season ............... and so on.

I had patience with Hendo because he was like 20 when we bought him, that's why I haven't said much about Markovic either.
What bothered me with Hendo if I remember it correctly was that I saw the potential but he just couldn't get his act together.
Also, Dalglish persisted in playing him despite poor performances.

Anybody who actually got wound up by Modo in that match thread needs to seriously re-evaluate how they approach reading things on the internet.

I'm criticising a player that the majority likes.
If I was saying the same about Lucas I would have got likes.

Evening All - So I missed the match and couldn't even follow it on tinter klacker as I was chilling in the Wye Valley camping. A quick scan through this and the match thread though seem to suggest Lallana and that Lazer guy were pretty ordinary. Could anyone give me a ratings round up of just those two? I was curious to see our new recruits tear it up but it seems not. Cheers.

Thanks mate - So basically no need to hit the panic button then? Just an off day I guess. Shame some of my Irish buddies on this site travelled over to see it. That sucks. Anyway onwards and upwards.

Yes it's early days. Don't forget City lost 1-0 to Stoke last week. Villa were very disciplined and worked hard.

Maybe Modo needa to seriously re-evaluate how he supports our football club. I often question whether he actually 'gets' us as a club.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom