• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Villa - post match

Status
Not open for further replies.
On the way into the ground I heard that Sterling had been dropped. Couldn't fucking believe it, but the same guy was asking me to put 4-0 balotelli on for him. I opened paddypower on my phone and saw that Villa were 14/1. Quick calculation in my head revealed that I didn't think we had any goals in us and that with that lineup, the only player who had ever scored at any level for us was playing DM, so I stuck 20 quid on it.

All evening, despite being pissed off that we'd got beat I was slightly happy that I'd made three hundred quid. So when I logged into paddypower, hungover in the morning I was kinda shocked to see nothing in the account. The bet was Villa to win 'and' both teams to score. Fuckers.

Anyways, I'm not moaning at Rodgers, he gets most things right... but dropping Sterling with Sturridge already out was fucking daft. As was sticking Lallana on the left. Coutinho was crap for most of the game - I really thought he'd change it at half time, take Coutinho off, stick Sterling on the left, put Lallana in the middle. Something like that.

I hope he's learned his lesson. Play your strongest 11 in every league game, worry about Europe 2nd. Don't make radical changes to a side that just battered Spurs away. I hope his ego doesn't get carried away with trying new shit. Whatevers.

Anyways, I'm not moaning at Rodgers, he gets most things right... but dropping Sterling with Sturridge already out was fucking daft. As was sticking Lallana on the left. Coutinho was crap for most of the game - I really thought he'd change it at half time, take Coutinho off, stick Sterling on the left, put Lallana in the middle. Something like that.

Someone posted a stat on here for the llama last season, he was better on the left than he was on the middle.
I'm guessing that's where Rodgers has bought him for, considering that Coutinho is the 'brains' of the team and the 'no.10 is his best position'.

The llama is probably the worst nickname ever.
Not even close to being humorous.

Did anyone notice Henderson was deeper than Gerrard at times yesterday? I wondered for a whlie if they had swapped starting positions or that they were simply interchanging as the game commenced.

I've just skimmed through the thread to make that point.

I noticed in the early periods of the game Henderson was dropping deep in-between the centre-backs to pick up the ball with Gerrard loitering further ahead. At the time I was wondering whether it was a tactical ploy or simply Henderson trying to take the game by the scruff of the neck. Anyone keep track of this as the game wore on - I lost interest as it quickly became evident we were getting nothing out of that game.

As for the Gerrard debate, I've wanted him further up the field for years now and have long since given up on that front. You guys should too. It's not going to happen. The midfield diamond might be a better solution for all concerned... well apart from the fact that we've invested in loads of attackers rather than strikers and central midfielders. Hmm.

Think Rodgers made too many changes as I said in the match thread, but that still doesn't excuse the team starting so badly. Also, I hate all of our centre-backs. Doesn't matter who we play or who the opposition is... there is a costly mistake or two in every game.

Hardly...Lallana has played one game. Lucas has been here and achieved nothing but mediocrity for seven years. You have about zero right to be smug about anything seeing as you have a history of getting things wrong. But for some inexplicable reason you seem you can post stuff like #intheendmodoisagainright....which just makes everyone laugh really.

I've had Modo blocked for ~5 years and I couldn't be happier with that decision

Early on, Coutinho was dropping extremely deep as well, basically playing one twos with Sakho as there was no space for him to turn.

I'm heartbroken. The mate who I went with, though he was born in the UK, had moved to Australia and it was his first match at Anfield and he was in his late 40s!

Disappointing night for us. Though Lallana looks like a bright spark. We lost the midfield as we couldn't hold on to the ball at all. Mario was Mario. Hot and cold.

Gerrard was imperious setting up our attacks. Thankfully I got to see him in the flesh at Anfield. The Villa fans were much louder than us too. Small timers though only singing about us and not about their own team.

We lost the battle but I still feel the league is a possibility if not this season or next.

I hope he's learned his lesson. Play your strongest 11 in every league game, worry about Europe 2nd. Don't make radical changes to a side that just battered Spurs away. I hope his ego doesn't get carried away with trying new shit.

YES!!! Every single word is spot fucking on.

Hardly...Lallana has played one game. Lucas has been here and achieved nothing but mediocrity for seven years. You have about zero right to be smug about anything seeing as you have a history of getting things wrong. But for some inexplicable reason you seem you can post stuff like #intheendmodoisagainright....which just makes everyone laugh really.

History of getting things wrong? HAHAHA!
What have I been wrong about?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom