• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Villa - post match

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know if it's been mentioned already but Rodgers Should Have brought on Lambert to play alongside balotelli as opposed to replacing him. We needed more numbers in the box. Also, one of the centre backs could have been taken off with ten to go, for an extra attacker. they were doing Fuck all.

Did anyone notice Henderson was deeper than Gerrard at times yesterday? I wondered for a whlie if they had swapped starting positions or that they were simply interchanging as the game commenced.

I liked Lallana's little cameo. Quick feet and trying to get at them in advanced positions. His over zealous tackle at the start was a bit rash but settled into it. Liked that sexy backheal to create some space.

Lazar seemed to play well within himself. He was content to keep it simple and coasted through the game. It reminded me of Henderson's first few games. I'm a bit suprised as I expected Lazar to have a swagger about him and have the confidence to try impact from the off. Interested to see more of him and he'll look boss on the counter with space to run into.

Sakho needed to deal with the ball that lead to the corner for their goal. I'd need to see it again but his options were, kick it out for a throw or control it and play it to Mingolet and give him an angle for a return pass if needed. He did neither and they won a corner from it. Lovren was also poor for their goal. He didn't attack the ball with any aggression and was wrong side of Senderos. Lovren has had a mixed time so far. He's willing and something over eager to impress.

I think Rodgers got this one wrong. Perhaps too many changes and I would have played Sterling since Sturridge was out.

Also, one of the centre backs could have been taken off with ten to go, for an extra attacker. they were doing Fuck all.

Agreed - alternatively the defence didn't need Gerrard in front of them. Balotelli and Lambert could have worked well.

Ok it was just brilliant reading through all that and I've come to the conclusion........ Ya all trying so hard not to put it into one pot.... Here ya go - WE ARE THE NEW SPURS!! Get fucking over it!
Lallana, markowich and we could've had Di Maria and Falcao- wages blah blah anyway ya get my drift. We just did another 2005/06
I'd be short of telling ya Welbeck will be a better £16m than that tool Baloteli.

Dalglish must be having a giggle.

Ya still not making sense.

Thanks mate - So basically no need to hit the panic button then? Just an off day I guess. Shame some of my Irish buddies on this site travelled over to see it. That sucks. Anyway onwards and upwards.

It was sort of reassuring that it seemed almost like a text book puzzle for a coach to use as a training ground exercise. It might even benefit the team in the long term, because it presented them with a pretty typical challenge that many teams will try to copy this season, and I'm sure Rodgers will overcome this fairly promptly.

For a start he seems to support individual players more so than the club as a whole.

Can you expand your question please? What is there to get about Liverpool? The club you also support?

Can you expand your question please? What is there to get about Liverpool? The club you also support?

did you mean for all three sentences to be questions ?

Anyway i have no interest in expanding anything unless it's some 18 yr old bird's twat .

Didn't see the game, thank fuck by the sounds of it.

All fair and well for Brodge to blame the defence, Mignolet, etc etc, but that's 3 seasons in a row that Lambert's outwitted him,

Maybe it's not the players fault Brendan?

I'm criticising a player that the majority likes.
If I was saying the same about Lucas I would have got likes.

Hardly...Lallana has played one game. Lucas has been here and achieved nothing but mediocrity for seven years. You have about zero right to be smug about anything seeing as you have a history of getting things wrong. But for some inexplicable reason you seem you can post stuff like #intheendmodoisagainright....which just makes everyone laugh really.

I know what @ILD means I think. Support for your club and how its perceived can be an issue. 'The term 'Superfan' or 'OOTs' get bandied around occasionally (not on here so much though) For me it's pretty simple. I just want them to win. Focusing on individuals and what their stats are over a game might be mildy interesting to some but not really to me. Formations, Subs etc blah b;ah. I just want them to win and hopefully win well. Losing sucks.

Did anyone notice Henderson was deeper than Gerrard at times yesterday? I wondered for a whlie if they had swapped starting positions or that they were simply interchanging as the game commenced.

BR had a bad day yesterday, he actually messed up all over the park. This was one area. He was so worried about that space around Gerrard that Villa exploited last season that we lost all of our fight and attacking impetus having both Gerrard and Henderson sitting deeper than usual. It wasn't necessary and denied us options further forward .. he rectified that at HT.

I liked Lallana's little cameo. Quick feet and trying to get at them in advanced positions. His over zealous tackle at the start was a bit rash but settled into it. Liked that sexy backheal to create some space.
When he got into the game in the 2nd half he looked good. Class on the ball and he created 2 of our best chances .. a cracking shot that whistled past the post from 25m with the keeper beat the best. He's going to be an excellent addition linking up with Sterling & Studge.

Lazar seemed to play well within himself. He was content to keep it simple and coasted through the game. It reminded me of Henderson's first few games. I'm a bit suprised as I expected Lazar to have a swagger about him and have the confidence to try impact from the off. Interested to see more of him and he'll look boss on the counter with space to run into.
I have a feeling this was a BR directive, defend that RW especially when Manquillo gets forward. Very similar to his previous cameo. We only saw one Lazar run across the pitch taking out 3 players though he lost the ball (if I remember correctly) at the end of it. We need more of those though ... if he loses it then so be it, when it comes off (just like Sterling & Coutinho) it'll create the space we need against Double Decker teams.

Sakho needed to deal with the ball that lead to the corner for their goal. I'd need to see it again but his options were, kick it out for a throw or control it and play it to Mingolet and give him an angle for a return pass if needed. He did neither and they won a corner from it.
Bad bounce.

I don't necessarily think this contributed to the goal, but there seems to me to be a lack of organisation coming from Gerrard and Ming in terms of the defence. I know the centre backs are ultimately responsible for themselves but the defensive diamond of the GK, CBs and DM/Pivot/Whatever you want to call it isn't functioning as a whole. There has to be leadership all through that unit in order for them to work properly together, because the nature of the full backs pushing up and the team's high line means they're likely to be exposed.

It's why positioning is so completely key in our defence, and unfortunately it's not something that Gerrard or Mingeolet are especially great at. This then feeds into the way our Centre Backs line up, because part of positioning yourself on a football pitch is relative to others. If the GKs positioning is wrong, the CBs could position themselves relative to that, and then the whole thing is messed up from the start.

I really think Valdes would make a huge difference in that regard.

On a side note, didn't a few say that Borini wouldn't even make the match day squads never mind earn any minutes on the pitch? In our first (or second?) game since the window closed, he not only makes the bench but comes on to play a part. He might also be a part of our CL game Tuesday. I presume this is why he turned down his move to Sunderland and QPR. I'm not for a minute implying he did anything of note or deserves to play but he has already gotten a chance.

Ah nothing really. Ran around a bit. No one played that well to be honest. Poor Lambert fell over the ball at one stage.

I'm not sure if that was rhetorical or not, but I barely noticed him, I think he won the ball of a Villa player at one point, I may have just imagined that though.

No it was a genuine question. I completely missed the game and even the commentary which is very rare for me. I'd love him to surprise me and be a success here. Somehow I doubt it though.

No it was a genuine question. I completely missed the game and even the commentary which is very rare for me. I'd love him to surprise me and be a success here. Somehow I doubt it though.
Ah my bad! Unfortunately I agree with you, I do think there's a good player in their, I think he needs a season or two at mid table to come out of his shell though.

I think BR has only beaten a Paul Lambert team once in about 12 meetings.

Not quite that bad.

2010/2011: Swansea v Norwich: 1W 1L
2011/2012: Swansea v Norwich: 2L
2012/2013: Liverpool v Villa: 1W 1L
2013/2014: Liverpool v Villa: 1W 1D
2014/2015: Liverpool v Villa: 1L

3W, 5L, 1D in 9 games.

Oh
Not quite that bad.

2010/2011: Swansea v Norwich: 1W 1L
2011/2012: Swansea v Norwich: 2L
2012/2013: Liverpool v Villa: 1W 1L
2013/2014: Liverpool v Villa: 1W 1D
2014/2015: Liverpool v Villa: 1L

3W, 5L, 1D in 9 games.

Good fact checking. Still not great. Anyway I was merely raising the point that Lambert has a good record against BR.

Yeah Lambert seems to prep well for Rodgers; don't think he's actually too fond of Rodgers too.

Rodgers always speaks highly of him, but there is some resentment on Lambert's side. He let it be known to some hacks, a year or so ago, that he felt his work was being ignored or undervalued whilst Rodgers' was being hyped up, so I guess he really relishes such results.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom