• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Poll *WARNING: Another Origi thread*

Prefix for Poll Threads

Will he ever be good enough to start for us consistently

• Yes, he's got all the attributes we need

• Maybe

• No, he a useless sack of nonsense

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hadn't noticed this before.

I didn't say he was 'world class', so I assume that was someone else? I did say he'd score 15 this season (http://www.sixcrazyminutes.com/index.php?threads/why-arent-we-more-excited-about-origi.94228/page-3). He's got 10 now, if he had played more games over the last 2-3 months I reckon he'd have got there. What will he end up with now, a dozen or so? He's going to get opportunities because Mane's out, and cos he's got 2 in 2 he'll stay in the side, so who knows what he'll end up with. I know it must be a cause for concern for you that he might keep scoring.

He's a streaky sort isn't he. Seems to score in patches, most likely due to confidence roaring up and down at the drop of a hat. I made the Rashford comparison earlier in this thread - similar types, younger strikers who haven't go the game figured out, but have talent, and are worth persisting with. What's Rashford got this season? Less than Origi anyway, and wasn't he the next great English hope?

Anyway, 10 goals for Origi from few starts is ok. You could argue it's better than ok. Unlike Sturridge they've come in a competition that matters too.

On a seperate note; I'm 2-from-2 over the last month on posts defending much-maligned players who've gone straight onto great performances; Can and Origi. On a hot streak. I might laud Simon Mignolet for the craic.

He wasnt called World class, thats the usual twisting words of Brendan to suit his argument. I said he was a World class talent. He's got the ability to achieve that if he develops in the right way. There are obvious issues with confidence and his patches of good form, but that is understandable for a young striker, as you say.
He's definitely not shite and he's worth persisting with to see just good he can become for us.

I think he can be a fantastic striker but he'll never be a 'goalscorer' like a Owen, or Fowler, because he just seems to not find himself in dangerous spots in the box as often as those guys did. Can that be coached? Dunno but he's shown enough here over the course of his short career that a) he can be a pain in the ass for defenders because of his size/strength/speed and b) he can score goals in bunches ... The question becomes can he become more consistent and still score goals when his confidence is in the shitter, as it was the last few months.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom