• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Weekend games (24th September onwards)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gregoire Defrel, the Sassuolo striker who we have recently been linked with scored his 4th goal in 5 league matches to give Sassuolo the lead vs Udinese

Who's the one man ?

I think Willian is ace, if hes not the man, he should be , wonderful footballer
Hah! Was thinking John Terry. Since he's been out they seem to be rudder-less.

Nicolai Jorgensen's 4th goal in 7 league matches giving Feyenoord the lead against Roda. Looks like they will be extending their lead at the top to 5 points.

The hammers looks like they are on their way to another defeat. I remembered some here were having an early meltdown when they managed to secure their new stadium cheap.

They look really shit. Poyet and Lanzini doesn't look interested. That Zaza fella is just bad at football.

If Bilic gets fired he should go back to shagging corpses and writing awful poetry, doing other stuff he obviously enjoys more than footy.

0-3. That stadium with the fans far removed from the big pitch looks a world away from the raucous and claustrophobic Upton park. I'm looking forward to our game down there.

The commentator (Martin Tyler?) was certainly thinking up all kinds of lame excuses for West Ham.

The players were not used to running on a pitch with the new dimensions.

The players couldn't use the new ground during the week. Etc. etc.

Moving to a new stadium and getting relegated. That certainly wasnt in the mind with some of their fans this summer.

Meanwhile, Lucien Favre's rebuilding his reputation with Nice, taking them to the top of Ligue 1 after today's 1-0 away to Nancy.

Is Flanno ever going to play for Burnley? Otherwise there's not much point in him being there. Is he crocked for good? He's been fit for ages.

People at the game saying West Ham were playing crowd noise on the sound system. Jiiiissseeeess

Agreed, I said as much this summer aswell. Wonder how many of their fans are wishing they stayed at Boleyn.

The technical area finishes literally a yard from the pitch, with managers practically on it whilst the fans can be light years away in the ground. Lovely stadium just still not sure it's right for football

Meanwhile, Lucien Favre's rebuilding his reputation with Nice, taking them to the top of Ligue 1 after today's 1-0 away to Nancy.

He is actually a really good manager - he took Gladbach over when they were bottom of the league and transformed them into one of the best counter-attacking sides in Europe. Before that he took permanently underachieving Hertha to 4th place. One of the best managers in the Bundesliga in the recent years and his teams are very hard to beat - we are lucky he chose Nice over Everton.

I have a feeling he'll replace Wenger at Arsenal at some point.

De Bruyne out for a month with a hamstring injury. Hopefully, some teams can nick some points off City now.

De Bruyne out for a month with a hamstring injury. Hopefully, some teams can nick some points off City now.
They've got Spurs & Everton next. Two teams they've traditionally dropped points against. Will be interesting to see how Pep Guardiola sets them up without de Bruyne.

Pione Sisto (one of the lads to watch out for in the future) scored his first goal for Celta after his Summer move from FC Midtjylland (£5M).

First of all we can all agree that the defense is not doing their very best to stop him here, but this goal still highlights some of his key attributes.

He can skip past players for fun, he can run with the ball at very high pace (a friend of mine who's played with him believes he's never played with or against anyone capable of running as fast with the ball at his feet as Sisto is) and finally he's got a great eye for goal. Also notice that this goal was scored in the 93rd minute so he's also got quite decent stamina (having played the full game, doing a lot of defensive work too).

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="es" dir="ltr">Pelé? Maradona? Ronaldo? Cristiano? Messi?... Sisto! Pione Sisto!!! <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Celta?src=hash">#Celta</a> <a href="https://t.co/V0eSbcd6M6">pic.twitter.com/V0eSbcd6M6</a></p>&mdash; Preferencia Celeste (@PrefCeleste) <a href="">September 26, 2016</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Didn't watch the match but read that Hojbjerg had a good game for Saints?
Didn't watch the game myself but could see that twitter really loved his performance too and I also noticed a while back that he won their Player of the Month award of August (his first month there) by the fans.. chuffed to see him get off to a good start, as it obviously increases his chances of being promoted to Soton's first team, Liverpool FC.

PS I have been immensely impressed by Soton's central defender Van Dijk, anyone else noticed him?

Elegant, strong, commanding, clever, fast. Really looks a marvelous prospect.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom