• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Wernot gonna get him

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wowzers, just look at that front four!

I'm sold.
Haha actually when you look at that it's not just a case of if we have Werner then we are able to rest any of the front three it's also means we have another midfielder if we are short there or need a particularly attacking formation to break a team down. A Fourfer in fact ! I hope Werner lives up to the hype if (hopefully when) we buy him.

Latest reports suggest we may loan Werner back to RB Leipzig for a season. Can't see that myself, we are crying out for a better option up front vs Origi.

Can't see a logical reason why we would loan him back, the front three need relief/competition this summer, plus we will be without 2 of them for the AFCON.

Unless Leipzig willing to cut a deal and lower their 51m value then no chance.
£51m for a player is nothing these days

Lacazette £46.5 million (£6.1 million) in potential bonuses 2017
Aubameyang £56m 2018
Pépé £72 million 2019
Fernandes £47 million,plus up to £21 million in add-ons and 10% of the profits should United ever sell Fernandes 2020
Yes there are some player out there that are cheaper, but you tend to pay for quailty

What happened to the Werner having some cheapo escape clause that we were going to exploit spiel?

Contract negotiations not going well I guess.. Werner name drops City and Utd as alternative clubs he could join.

72%

Contract negotiations not going well I guess.. Werner name drops City and Utd as alternative clubs he could join.

72%

Yup, just read his comments. Sounds like he is open to going to Utd too because he would play 100% of games. Well if he hasn’t got his head/heart set on joining us, fuck him, we will find elsewhere.

Fuck him off, sounds like he's saying it's Utd or he stays where he is.

"At this time in professional soccer there are two different variations. The first is to be part of a team like Liverpool or Manchester City. They have a good working team. The teams have also great coaches.
"But this is the question: do you want to go to that kind of team, because the situation is already that hard for each member and you want to be a part of it? That's one point you have to look at.
"The other side are teams which need some big changes, because they just won a few big titles, but they are not able to compete on the highest level anymore. For me Manchester United is one of these teams.
"So at this point of my career I'm asking myself: do I want to be part of a new team, to build up something new, or do I want to stay at my team and make something great?"

Or, more likely, we're holding fire on getting this deal tied up & his agent is telling him to try to get things moving. Chill.
Yep.. I read into it as we have low balled as per usual.. and he's saying, 'Hey, I want to come. But I have other options.. pay me fairly'. Quite clever really.

We’re clearly waiting for a full on global financial meltdown so as we can pick him up on the cheap.

Maddock says - no player purchases in the summer.

Schira says - Liverpool have offered Werner a 5 year contract worth £150k a week + bonuses.

However we are unlikely to trigger the release clause now given that the market is likely to tank. So want a lower fee agreed with Leipzig.

Schira says - Liverpool have offered Werner a 5 year contract worth £150k a week + bonuses.

However we are unlikely to trigger the release clause now given that the market is likely to tank. So want a lower fee agreed with Leipzig.

The thing that concerns me about buying Werner would be that a lot of his game revolves around his searing pace, but if teams are parked deep, as many are against us - how effective is that going to be? Still think we need to buy a lock picker for down the middle, who that'd be i don't know.

The thing that concerns me about buying Werner would be that a lot of his game revolves around his searing pace, but if teams are parked deep, as many are against us - how effective is that going to be? Still think we need to buy a lock picker for down the middle, who that'd be i don't know.

Couthino :p

Maddock appears to have looked at LFC in a vacuum and just concluded that we won't have much cash. If he looked at other clubs, too, he'd surely conclude that transfers are likely to go ahead but the market will feature much lower prices. Anyway, if we don't strengthen the squad, and, especially, prepare for the likely loss of several players to AFCON (if indeed that goes ahead), then it will be criminal for us to have achieved so much, and made so much progress, only to pause while our rivals improve.

Maddock appears to have looked at LFC in a vacuum and just concluded that we won't have much cash. If he looked at other clubs, too, he'd surely conclude that transfers are likely to go ahead but the market will feature much lower prices. Anyway, if we don't strengthen the squad, and, especially, prepare for the likely loss of several players to AFCON (if indeed that goes ahead), then it will be criminal for us to have achieved so much, and made so much progress, only to pause while our rivals improve.
I agree 100%..I think there is business to be done.

I actually think Werner for £51m is a steal, so if I'm Leipzig and he's got a 5 year contract. I'm telling every club. Its £51m or f*ck off.

We just come across small time haggling over it. Sancho et al. Yes those prices are too high. Werner no.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom