• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Wernot gonna get him

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope that we do sign him this summer just because I can't be arsed with another year of speculation if he doesn't move this window.

Leipzig have said publically via Oliver Mintzlaff that "It (the price) won't get any cheaper (for Werner). We will not sell a player below value if he is under contract for more than a year"

So that's that.

€52m before June 15th
Or the deal is off until next summer.

Of course there is a thing to be said that we could off the €52m after June 15th, but Leipzig would be entitled to say. Nope, see you next year.

I suspect that if the transfer window isn't open by that date, Werner may kick off I'd they insist on sticking to the date, but we'll see.

I still see that as an ambiguous statement. Value is what someone is willing to pay for something.

I'm not so sure. Werner's made it clear that (a) he wants to go and (b) he'll only come to us. That'll give us some good leverage.

He’d be better off staying in Germany.

He’ll be dead of Covid by Christmas if he comes to the UK.

Last edited:
Liverpool have told Leipzig we will not go above £30m according to Maddock for Werner.

Klopp apparently told him that personally too.

We have become the cunts, we always accused Barcelona of being, unsettling players and low balling.

I don't get much chance to watch lower league football these days (for about 3 or 4 years) and therefore haven't touted any lower league bargains like I used to but I'd like to think I have one last gem up my sleeve.

If the Werner deal falls through I think we should make an offer for Ollie Watkins of Brentford. In "normal" times I'd guess his price would be £20-£25m (he's 2nd top goalscorer in The Championship) but if Brentford (like most lower league clubs) are desperate for cash then maybe a cheeky £15m offer might suffice. IMO he's worth at least a £20m punt.

The reason I feel confident he can make the grade is because I saw him regularly when he was at Exeter (playing left side of a front 3) and he was a lower league Sadio Mané i.e. lots of goals as well as assists. When he moved to Brentford he played on either side of the central striker Maupay (now at Brighton) and the formed a very potent partnership (Brighton should have signed both players at the same time). Since Maupay left Watkins has being played central and has proved very adept as the main goalscorer. He doesn't stay central though he works all across the front line (like Firmino) and is equally comfortable in any of the front 3 positions.

He is a very clever player, strong in the air, quick and works hard. Even if we get Werner I would think Watkins would be an excellent addition. I think most of us realise that Origi is never gonna be good enough to be a regular starter and if we could get £25m for him and use that money to buy Watkins, he could prove more efficient.

Liverpool have told Leipzig we will not go above £30m according to Maddock for Werner.

We have become the cunts, we always accused Barcelona of being, unsettling players and low balling.

Lizard cunts in formation.

WTF, who's fucking idea was this?? Just when I was starting to take a liking to Edwards.

This seems like a terrible idea, its not like they are desperate to flog him to us and have no choice in the matter. They dont want to sell, the only reason we could get him for £50m was a contract clause. This will end up being another VvD scenario, he will get annoyed and we will pay the fee in 6 months after our brinksmanship fails.

It amazes me how many people take the word of a journo as to what we have or have not told Leipzig.

I presume Michael Edwards is now waiting for the Liverpool Echo to report back on what Leipzig think before his next move.

I don't think klopp would speak to a journalist about transfers

It's not what he does

Wish I had a quid for every social media post I'd seen that speculates that this lad (Werner) is coming to us ...............I could then afford his transfer fees & salary and employ him as a personal goffer. :)

Last edited:
I don't think klopp would speak to a journalist about transfers

It's not what he does
No.. Klopp speaks to players apparently.

After the Werner story broke, according to the rags Klopp has also had phone calls with Traore and Koulibaly.

Oh and the latters fee has been slashed by 25% apparently. Like it's some sort of supermarket sale.

It amazes me how many people take the word of a journo as to what we have or have not told Leipzig.

I presume Michael Edwards is now waiting for the Liverpool Echo to report back on what Leipzig think before his next move.
Haha I was just going to say the same until seeing your post. Considering our recent record I'll say nothing & watch Edwards get on with it until it's proven he did/didn't.

EZDD-CwWkAIclrQ

seven days later.............

EZDD-CyXgAEWmw7

No.. Klopp speaks to players apparently.

After the Werner story broke, according to the rags Klopp has also had phone calls with Traore and Koulibaly.

Oh and the latters fee has been slashed by 25% apparently. Like it's some sort of supermarket sale.
Djimi's coming back?? excellent

Werner's Liverpool transfer is 'all but done'

0_GettyImages-1227388505.jpg

Timo Werner of RB Leipzig (Image: Alexander Hassenstein/Getty Images)
Timo Werner's transfer to Liverpool is "effectively done."
So says Ian McGarry, with the Express quoting him on The Transfer Window Podcast:
"Werner has agreed personal terms with Liverpool.
"On a five-year contract that will pay the player around £140,000-a-week.
"It has been widely reported that Chelsea and Manchester United have been interested in the player.
"Our information is that's not the case.
"The reason for that is that they believe and have been told by the player's representatives that a deal is effectively done to Liverpool.
"And effectively they would be wasting their time.
"The reason that these rumours have been circulated, is because RB Leipzig are concerned they will not achieve the €60m, which is currently running at £49.4m in the commercial exchange rate, that they could get for a player who is 24 remember and has scored 25 Bundesliga goals this season."​
McGarry claims that Liverpool have decided against triggering Werner's release clause because they think they can sign the player for less than this amount, given the current state of the market.
He added:
"Liverpool have failed to offer the clause of €60m, on the basis that they believe the player can be gotten for a smaller price when the market reopens officially,
"And because of the economic climate in football has been much distorted and devalued by the current crisis in regards to the pandemic.
"We also understand that Klopp has spoken to the player via facetime or zoom calls on at least three occasions in the last two and a half months.
"To reassure him that he is very much still wanted by the club and he must sit tight and wait for them to agree the fee with his club."​

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom