• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

West Ham (A) - PL - 27 April dinner time

He came on for the last 10-15 minutes and had one really good run, where he suddenly turned on the afterburners and you think - wow, his pace is back. Unfortunately the pass to Nunez at the end of that run was inaccurate and nothing came out from that episode. Other than that and the spat with Klopp, not much to report.

That pass was beyond horrific. Absolute waste of a move.

He came on for the last 10-15 minutes and had one really good run, where he suddenly turned on the afterburners and you think - wow, his pace is back. Unfortunately the pass to Nunez at the end of that run was inaccurate and nothing came out from that episode. Other than that and the spat with Klopp, not much to report.

i find it curious to hear about the afterburners being turned on, i thought they were permanently rusted shut

Didn't Harvey end up smashing the bar from that move, from the 2nd phase?

& who was Salah sprinting away from in that move, was it Coufal? probably the slowest player in the West Ham team and he'd just come on against a guy low on stamina. He's still lost it.

After his hysterics, I wouldn't play Salah for the rest of the sesason. If only he'd brought his "fire" to the pitch in the last two months. Legend but time to go.
I had similar thought after the game, but no - now that the it’s clear not everything is rosy behind the scenes with Salah and Klopp, I want him to play the remaining games and do his talking on the pitch. Despite how we feel right now, let’s remember he is a club legend and needs to given a chance to write the last chapter.

we got rid of Mane at the right time and last summer was probably Mo’s time with the saudi money

..but we may well have had a much worse season without him given how late in the window the big money was offered

He had a decent cross to Nunez which the defender interpreted and somehow we didn't get a corner

I dont blame Salah there, Klopp was a joke again today. If he spent more time sorting his team out instead of moaning about every innocuous decision and making stupid subs at pointless times we wouldn't be in this mess. He's either grinning at opposition goals or moaning about every decision. Fucking the end.

Pretty much how I feel. It's time.

Just seen salah and klopp 'bust up'. I assumed it was while Salah was playing. Anyone know why it happened or what it was about?

Just seen salah and klopp 'bust up'. I assumed it was while Salah was playing. Anyone know why it happened or what it was about?
I read that it was something about Salah taking his sweet time preparing to come on.
But it could be bullshit

i find it curious to hear about the afterburners being turned on, i thought they were permanently rusted shut
The afterburners would have had him shooting on goal previously. I don't know what people are talking about about. Are we impressed he can run?

I cannot find the clip, but the pace was genuinely impressive, this was the fastest I’ve seen Salah move in months. Maybe being angry helped…

I wonder what the future holds for him. Pretty sure Edwards and Hughes would take a £100M for him in the summer, but what if there is no suitable offer and Salah simply doesn’t want to move? I think it’s not impossible he will stay and run down his contract.

Missed the game just seen the score... Let me guess.... controlled large periods of game with ineffective possession, looked vulnerable on the counter and plenty of brain farts and individual errors across the park?

We've got a similar situation with Mo to what Barca had with Messi in his last few years. Player expects to play every game, 90 minutes, manager gets nervous about rocking the boat, doesn't manage his minutes and then he's knackered when needed most in the back end of the season.
Klopp's leaving so he isn't bothered about dropping the player, and he also knows a perfect storm of Afcon, injury, ramadan with a side order of not being a spring chicken anymore has made Mo's levels drop. So he drops him, and Mo kicks off. It's surprised me to be honest, I didn't think he'd act up like this. Didn't expect him to be happy either, but thought it would all be done behind closed doors. But he's been poor for weeks, and doesn't deserve to start right now. Klopp should get on the phone to Milner or Bobby and tell them to have a word -they dealt with the same
reality with a lot more dignity and professionalism.

Missed the game just seen the score... Let me guess.... controlled large periods of game with ineffective possession, looked vulnerable on the counter and plenty of brain farts and individual errors across the park?
Was it that predictable? :ROFLMAO:

The most sympathetic take on Salah is that we'd need to manage his minutes much more aggressively next season, and for some reason pay the most of any player on our team for that privilege.

But he doesn't want that. He is dropped deservedly, and does this, to a manager that is leaving. I think that is terminal.

For me it was enough that he isn't good enough.

There's no disrespect there for the past, I'm just dealing with what he is right now. He's a problem, and an expensive one.

And saying it again now doesn't make it less wrong. Especially considering how badly Mane has done since.
And Salah Has been so perfect..?
Mane was all about the team, play not only for himself but his team mates never not tried to help out in defence.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom