• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You Know Those "Rumoured" 2nd & 3rd Shirts For Next Year......?

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://sg.sports.yahoo.com/blogs/so...3-14-away-kit-looks-game-space-195754638.html

View: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z4cis6IaWKA

After last season's scuba and tribal designs, Liverpool kitmaker Warrior has launched an even more extreme assault on the eyes with their latest creations for the club. Officially described as "a refreshed interpretation of the graphics featured in the 1989-91 away strip," Liverpool's 2013/14 away kit features a design that looks more like you're playing a game of Space Invaders. On an old Christmas sweater. While your vision's blurred.

Creativity in kit designs is something that is lacking these days, with most major companies sticking to the same tired cookie cutter looks. But why would Warrior do this? And why would Liverpool let them? These are the questions on Steven Gerrard's mind in the above picture.

gerrard500_51ae09a28e1eb278247479.jpg

It's a disgusting kit and whoever came up with it should be forced to eat one.

Apparently there's some sort of petition floating around to change the away shirt. Which is far more embarrassing than the shirt itself.

If I was asked to design Man United's 2nd and 3rd team strip I'd like to think I'd have designed something similar to the 2 we've been lumbered with!

So he calls himself "Noz" and his second name's the same as that of the worst district (out of numerous poor ones) in Manchester.

It figures.

Noz Hyde on Linkedin
Used to design for Umbro (Man Utd, Koln, England)
Doesn't seem to have actually designed anything for the past ten years....
Creative Director

n|h Design Consulting

February 2010 – Present (3 years 5 months)
n|h Design Consulting offers a complete apparel design creation service. Providing key design direction, up to the minute focused emerging trend reports, Colour analysis function, and full innovative freelance design capabilities. It is our mission to ensure our clients are always ahead of the trend.
Freelance Creative Consultant

Gelert Limited
Privately Held; 51-200 employees; Retail industry
February 2010 – Present (3 years 5 months)
•Freelance Creative Consultant: Formulation of initial trend research and responsible for complete design service for Gelert Ltd Mens S/S11 inline collections.
European Apparel Design Manager

Reebok/Adidas
Public Company; 5001-10,000 employees; ADDDY; Consumer Goods industry
January 2004 – February 2010 (6 years 2 months)
• Liaising with Global Directors, Marketing Directors and Developt. team in Boston & Bolton.
• Attending global summits: Global design reviews to Final product review meetings.
• Managing design team: Lifestyle (2004-2008) /Core (2008-2009), review ranges, coaching & support on a team/individual basis.
• Briefing of external design resources.
• Attending trade shows etc (Tokyo, L.A., New York, Miami, Sao Paulo etc) to identify seasonal trends.
• Driving design through effective research, planning & communication, adherence to critical paths.
• Overseeing construction of ranges from first concept to final line adopt meetings. Creation & presentation of mood/concept boards.
• Factory visits
• Experience of Managing SMU’s: Identifying, processing SMU's through the design team to provide complimentary business on account specific basis.
Designer

Kickers, Pentland Group

January 2000 – January 2004 (4 years 1 month)
•Design of main range Lifestyle collection, sold into Debenhams, JD Sports, Allsports, River Island (R.I.) covering all categories from shirting, knitwear, jersey, jackets and pants. Value of £53,000,000.
•Sole responsibility for the design of Kickers exclusive SMU concession within River Island stores, involving identifying/presenting fast track trends, fabrics and final designs to the R.I. board of directors and merchandiser, on a weekly basis, generating business value of £12,500,000 per year.
•Conducting Far East and European based factory visits for Sourcing, development and QC purposes, and communication with supply chain on a day-day basis.
•Formulation of worksheets for the approved designs.
Designer

Joe Bloggs

January 1999 – January 2000 (1 year 1 month)
• Design of ranges for sister label ‘Laundry’ producing price sensitive Men’s high street fashion collections.
• Conducting shop reports and trend predictions for in house labels, work-sheet creation
• Presentation of trends to management
• Communicating with supply chain to ensure smooth transition of styles from concept to production.
Junior Designer

Umbro
Public Company; 501-1000 employees; Apparel & Fashion industry
1998 – 1999 (1 year)
•Initially employed as assistant designer, promoted to designer in 1999
•Design/pattern maker for Manchester United, England, FC Koln, team/replica/training apparel
•Design of sports lifestyle product/Formulation of trend and colour reports

Bunch of middle aged men with beer guts complaining about shirt design shocker; I'll let my boy be the judge ....I bet he loves it

I think the lead designer probably used to work for Loto or Umbro. All those damn parallelograms in the away and training kits.

Bingo:
Noz Hyde on Linkedin
Used to design for Umbro (Man Utd, Koln, England)

This is a horrible shapes kit that the Singapore team wore in 1992, by Umbro. Shades of the same vomit and vertigo inducing designs in our away and training kits.

1992-National-Team-Jersey.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom