• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You Know Those "Rumoured" 2nd & 3rd Shirts For Next Year......?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The players and manager must have had a gun pressed to their heads when they made those positive comments about the kit.

When asked about the new away strip, captain Gerrard could barely contain the praise for the bold new design. "well it's definitely a kit"

Liverpool have revealed their new away kit in an exclusive set of pictures released to Sportsmail.

Based on the club's white and red 1981 League Cup-winning kit, Steven Gerrard leads his team-mates modelling the new strip.

It has a diamond style pattern at the bottom in black, white, grey and red, with a Liver Bird crest on the shirt’s front, as well as two commemorative Eternal Flames and a 96 logo prominently positioned on the back of the neck to remember those who dies in the 1989 Hillsborough disaster.

Although shown in the first picture, Suarez is absent from the second, with Glen Johnson and Daniel Sturridge appearing instead.

article-2335826-1A255E24000005DC-888_634x672.jpg

Away strip: Liverpool's new second kit displayed by Steven Gerrard, Pepe Reina and Luis Suarez

Liverpool manager Brendan Rodgers welcomed the new kit, saying: 'A football strip fuses a team together; it is a club’s uniform for players and fans. The fact that glimpses of the club’s history appear in this kit is a really nice touch from Warrior.'

The diamonds at the bottom of the shirt are a refreshed version of the away kit worn from 1989 to 1991, with Daniel Sturridge praising the way it is different from other basic designs: 'I like that this strip is different, the pattern and colours are fresh. It looks and feels great on and I can’t wait to wear it next season.'

[Ed: Just nick the next boring bit from the press release.] Designed using War-Tech, Warrior’s groundbreaking apparel technology system, the away kit is powered by breathable, moisture-wicking War-Tech fabric. Four-way stretch mesh paneling under the arms and across the back of the shirt allows optimum ventilation while allowing for added comfort and temperature control in core heat areas.
article-2335826-1A255E4F000005DC-429_634x500.jpg

White and purple: Glen Johnson (left) and Daniel Sturridge (right) join Reina and Gerrard

Head of Warrior Football Richard Wright says the brand worked closely with Liverpool FC throughout the design process.
'We believe we have produced an away kit which stays true to the club’s heritage but has a fresh look and feel. It has been particularly helpful having LFC involved in the process, emphasising the relevance of past kits which has helped us to design a strip fans will identify with.'

Their usual red home strip was made public before the end of the season, and was hoped to be a modern version of the 1984 kit, a year when they won both the League and the European Cup.

article-0-1997152D000005DC-739_634x455.jpg

Reds: The same three players displayed the Liverpool home shirt for the 2013/14 season

The shirt was worn on the last game of the season as Liverpool beat QPR 1-0 thanks to a Philippe Coutinho goal.
Gerrard welcomed the new red strip by saying: 'The players and I are all genuine fans of the new kit.

‘It will certainly spark many happy memories of the club’s famous fourth European Cup win for supporters of that era.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2335826/Liverpool-reveal-new-Warrior-away-kit.html#ixzz2VKztYzFj
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

I like this kit. It's different. I think football is so traditional, everything a little bit different is at first frowned upon, be it zonal marking, squad rotation or space invaders kits :)

ITV Football ‏@itvfootball 36m
People say football is a serious business, but Liverpool's new away kit proves there's still a place for comedy.

Good shirt to wear out on the p!$$ though. Pebble-dashing it with puke won't make a blind bit of difference.

Just what were they thinking? What???

I doubt thinking comes into it. They might like to tell you (and themselves) that it does, but what's really going on in such cases is that the firms in question, having paid for the privilege, simply indulge their design departments. We take their shilling and hand them the KY Jelly in return.

Still better than Barca's away shirt (the orange-yellow gradient one... ugh).

I am more disturbed by the 3rd kit.

I doubt thinking comes into it. They might like to tell you (and themselves) that it does, but what's really going on in such cases is that the firms in question, having paid for the privilege, simply indulge their design departments. We take their shilling and hand them the KY Jelly in return.

I would have thought that for a company that produces your kit it has 2 functions for them

1 the more the kit sells the more money they make as they take a percentage of every shirt sale
2 its a highly visible platform for them to market themselves on

these 2 kits will fail on both counts, nobody will buy them and everybody who sees them will think warrior are shit. That's before you factor in the serious amount of compensation they will be forced to pay out to people who suffer from epileptic seizures watching our games

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom