• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

1 hour.........Done fam

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bascombe and Reddy both saying further deals looking unlikely. Monaco and Southampton stance unchanged.

We're still trying to throw wads of cash at both.

ERGH. Virgil makes this a good window, Lemar then makes it a fantastic window, neither and it remains just okay, sell Phil on top of that... not good.

I wonder why we've waited until the last minute to throw all this money around?

Prospect of a Coutinho sale? CL qualification guaranteed? Negotiating tactics? Something else?

Prospect of a Coutinho sale? CL qualification guaranteed? Negotiating tactics? Something else?
Yeh, this annoys me, I imagine with VVD it was due to the politics of the situation, with Lemar though, why wait? Must be Coutinho, but if we've sold him and we don't replace him, a lot of explaining to be done.

As Goal reported on Tuesday, it will go “down to the wire” and a fee has still not yet been agreed, but the Merseysiders are prepped to conduct all the formalities should they be successful in reaching an accord.
There was the possibility of including Divock Origi in negotiations as a makeweight for the attacker, but Wolfsburg have agreed to pay a loan fee of £6m as well as cover the Belgium international’s salary for the season. Marseille are also trying to motion for the 22-year-old, who has had no shortage of suitors.
Lemar, who is due to feature for his national team against Netherlands on deadline night, has vocalised his desire to play for Jurgen Klopp to the Ligue 1 champions.

Monaco are reluctant to sell him, but Liverpool are hopeful their persistence as well as a mega offer that could yet increase will soften their stance.
It is the opposite of Liverpool’s position with Barcelona over Philippe Coutinho. The club dismissed three bids without hesitation, have said they will reject another if it arrives and continue to insist he will not be sold this summer.
Lemar is not the only blockbuster transfer the Reds want to pull off in an ideal scenario.
If the delicate situation with Southampton around Van Dijk can be worked through tactfully, Liverpool are prepared to make him the world’s most expensive defender.

The south-coast club have been adamant the centre-back is not on the market now, but could perhaps be tempted by a landmark sum for a player that has stated his intention to leave St Mary’s for “the past six months.”
Both transfers would be incredibly difficult to secure, but the Reds have been tireless in efforts to enhance an already strong window.
Roma’s Emerson Palmieri, who was the initial left-back target for Liverpool this summer, is still of interest to the Anfield side. A deal is unlikely to materialise now, and if that’s the case, they will assess it in future.
A bid was being readied for the Brazil-born Italy defender, but he suffered an anterior cruciate ligament injury on the final day of last season against Genoa.
In terms of outgoings, Crystal Palace are expected to make an improved bid for £30m-valued Mamadou Sakho, who already has a personal deal in place with them.

I would guess it's negotiating tactics. We'll put them in a position to either accept or reject. Open talks earlier and they'd just drag it to try and get more money.

Doesnt sound like we'll get Van Dijk.

Tom28
user-online.png

He is staying I'm told. No acceptable bids are expected today. Be interesting too see how this plays out over the next few weeks and months.

Expect one incoming to get over the line today.

Happy Transfer deadline day​

The only high I want to happen today is us to sign VVD. But I never get what I want. Tomorrow we keep Cuntinho. Job done.

I expect nowt will happen.

Not signing VVD would make this a horrible window.
Letting Coutinho go would ruin us.

Lemar I can live without if we get VVD and keep Coutinho and Can.

[article]According to a report from BBCSport, among others, Tottenham Hotspur have agreed a deal with Swansea City for striker Fernando Llorente, beating out competition from Chelsea.[/article]

Who the fuck was on that plane!? Us not signing a CB really ruins this window. Our biggest glaring weakness has only been addressed in signing Robertson who is playing back up to Moreno, tragic.

I think with the signings of Salah, Chamberlain, and Keita for next season this has been a good window. VvD would make it a great one, even if Coutinho goes. I'd be on full on DA mode.

I think with the signings of Salah, Chamberlain, and Keita for next season this has been a good window. VvD would make it a great one, even if Coutinho goes. I'd be on full on DA mode.
Hold the line........hold.......HOOOLD......HOOOLLLD!!!

Who the fuck was on that plane!? Us not signing a CB really ruins this window. Our biggest glaring weakness has only been addressed in signing Robertson who is playing back up to Moreno, tragic.
Van dijk I reckon. We're just getting everything together to do the shirt reveals with him and lemar

Although I'm talking about my arse

Van dijk I reckon. We're just getting everything together to do the shirt reveals with him and lemar

Although I'm talking about my arse

Why are you talking about your arse? Are you trying to tempt the absolutely not gay Moron or something?

If VVD doesnt arrive ill be pissed off.
Plus uf ever there was reason to KNOW twitter is full of wank this is it.
Not a mention of Keita signing for next year, not a mention of Ox, just 'wait till tomorrow' 'hold onto your hats' shite for days

Talksh!te make this pretence of not letting on, but it isn't hard to figure out which side of the fence Beecroft sits on, once you've heard the guy a few times.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom