• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

6 Nations 2011

Some interesting rumours in the Irish camp at the moment, D'Arcy is expected to get dropped after two poor performances. But there's talk that Bowe might step into 13 and move O'Driscoll inside to 12.

I think that would create a whole new dynamic in the Irish backline and I'd love to see it, particularly since I will be in Murrayfield on Sunday.

[quote author=SaintGeorge67 link=topic=43754.msg1288976#msg1288976 date=1298321696]
Slightly ironic coming from a Frenchman.
[/quote]

That's being extremely kind to the nation which gave the world the term "chauvinism".

I think the ironic thing is the idea that the English and the French have nothing in common. I'd say they were extremely similar, both in their qualities and their flaws. Irrespective of that, I think we'll batter them on Saturday. Can't wait.

France haven't played well yet.

They could quite easily turn it on this weekend

[quote author=Judge Jules link=topic=43754.msg1288979#msg1288979 date=1298321847]
[quote author=SaintGeorge67 link=topic=43754.msg1288976#msg1288976 date=1298321696]
Slightly ironic coming from a Frenchman.
[/quote]

That's being extremely kind to the nation which gave the world the term "chauvinism".
[/quote]The problem with the French is that they don't have a word for "Diplomatic"

What's the logic behind Kidney recalling O'Hara but partnering him with Reddan, leaving Stringer on the bench?

You have made the mistake of assuming Kidney is thinking logically.

I would take Reddan any day over Stringer, much better all round game and mixes his options much better than Stringer. He'll keep the Scottish back row guessing

You know them a lot better than I do, but FWIW I'd agree with that based on my own observations (in fact I'd have picked Reddan in preference to O'Leary last time) but then I wouldn't have dropped Sexton after just the one iffy game. Once the decision to recall O'Gara is made, though, does the balance of advantage change in Stringer's favour?

I dont think Sexton played badly, i just think Kidney sees the need to get a win on the board under any circumstance and ROG is the man for the occasion. Its reasonable enough to think that should give Stringer a better chance and it probably did.

[quote author=Rosco link=topic=43754.msg1290334#msg1290334 date=1298562628]
For once i agree with Rafa.
[/quote]

Miracles do happen!

Next thing you know you'll be saying that ROG is shite in defence.

Looking for forward to a great Saturday TV sportathon.

1530 Italy vs. Wales
1800 England vs. France
2045 Juventus vs. Bologna

My prediction is two home wins in the rugby and an away one in the footy.

[quote author=Kenny4PM link=topic=43754.msg1290353#msg1290353 date=1298563975]
[/quote]

Miracles do happen!

[/quote]

And you'll be saying the same about Andy Powell. ;)

[quote author=Judge Jules link=topic=43754.msg1290797#msg1290797 date=1298580354]
[quote author=Kenny4PM link=topic=43754.msg1290353#msg1290353 date=1298563975]
[/quote]

Miracles do happen!

[/quote]

And you'll be saying the same about Andy Powell. ;)
[/quote]

That my friend will never happen ;)

The England, France is going to be the most physical, brutal match of the tournament, and I can't wait.

England are the form team, but the French have greater experience and are proven at a higher level.

Doubt it will a cracking match for the fair-weather Rugby fan - I suspect this one will be for the purists. And I'm certain they'll be plenty of wincing from behind TV sets.

[quote author=Kenny4PM link=topic=43754.msg1291633#msg1291633 date=1298727280]
Not long now until the big game of the day kicks off. I think we'll win by 10 points.
[/quote]

Wow, that would send shockwaves through Europe.

Don't care how or by how many we beat France, just so long as we beat them.

"If" France turn up this could be quite a one sided encounter.

Englands team is pretty average.

[quote author=Kenny4PM link=topic=43754.msg1291640#msg1291640 date=1298727904]
"If" France Italy turn up this could be quite a one sided encounter.

Englands Wales' team is pretty average.
[/quote]

Fixed. 8)

As you well know mate when we can put out close to our strongest side we've proven to be more than a match for England! Give it a couple of seasons for our youngsters to mature and we'll finally be able to say that we have a very tasty squad.

All joking aside do you really rate this current team of yours?

Youngs, Foden and Ashton look good, but is there much more to your backline?

I'm not convinced about the pack either tbh, i like the front row, but i honestly can't think of many other stand out players in todays 8.

More often than many people might imagine, you could have compared LFC in the glory days man-for-man with one or two other sides and said similar things. Individually we were better than most, but not always better than everybody else. What set us apart from our closest competitors was the combo, the unit made up of a mix of stars and good back-up players all pulling for one another in the same direction. I'd say much the same about the England team which is emerging under Johnno as he too grows into his role.

As for Wales - well, when and if those youngsters continue to develop you may eventually have a point. At the moment, though, I think you're a cast of characters in search of an author. If I had to nominate one side or the other to play a match to save my life tomorrow, it would most certainly not be Wales.

Exciting game!

JJ: I'm still to be convinced mate. Half this England side is over 30 and i simply don't see the talent on the park to warrant such confidence in them.

We'll have to set up a friendly wager with regards to who goes further in this WC if you're up for it?

Definitely. A tenner to a local charity?

And that was Italy's game if they'd only had a kicker they could count on. ;)

[quote author=Kenny4PM link=topic=43754.msg1291696#msg1291696 date=1298737867]
Exciting game!

JJ: I'm still to be convinced mate. Half this England side is over 30 and i simply don't see the talent on the park to warrant such confidence in them.

We'll have to set up a friendly wager with regards to who goes further in this WC if you're up for it?

[/quote]

Entertaining but error-strewn game. Once again, Wales win away despite having been dominated for most of the match.

And while I don't think the current England team is as good as the 2003 version, it's definitely on the rise. Youngs, Flood, Ashton and Foden are all under 25, and we still have the likes of Lawes and Moody to come back in the pack. If we beat France today, I'd fancy us to make our third consecutive WC Final - although that depends partly on the draw, of course. I doubt Wales will get past the quarters. And I'm happy to have a bet on it with you Kenny.

[quote author=Judge Jules link=topic=43754.msg1291697#msg1291697 date=1298738032]
Definitely. A tenner to a local charity?

And that was Italy's game if they'd only had a kicker they could count on. ;)
[/quote]

Sounds good mate, you're on.

1st half we were in control and would have been out of sight, if not for handing them the softest of tries + blowing a few chances of our own. 2nd half well lets just say i was a little nervous ;)

Back
Top Bottom