• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Adam Lallana

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just find it extremely convenient that Southampton first rejected our £25 million offer then a week later accepted basically the same offer.
I actually think their board were thinking "let's see how much we can get from these stupid fuckers. "
Like Newcastle did...

They got 56 points this season, tenner to charity (one which accepts paypal) that they won't make 50?
Good isn't necessarily measured in points.
Also, they have a manager who is new to England. That would be a pretty risky bet for me.

I just find it extremely convenient that Southampton first rejected our £25 million offer then a week later accepted basically the same offer.
I actually think their board were thinking "let's see how much we can get from these stupid fuckers. "
Like Newcastle did...

No, we changed the payment structure changed. Fee the same

Did they have a manager when Lambert left?

No, but in their statement they said they'd make an exception for him as he was returning to his boyhood club & deserved it (in other words it wasn't a massive risk to let him go even with no manager in place), but no other transfers would be made without a manager in place.

So we can claim Liverpool were the best team in the league last season then :)
(with "best" just being the superlative form of "good" and so not being measured in points)

Fair enough, still think it's weird

What's weird? You're reading way too much into things. We submitted our interest but were rebuffed, then they released a statement saying no negotiations would go ahead until a manager was in place - with the exception of Lambert who they felt they could let go for varying reasons. He's now back from the World Cup and they have a manager, so we've continued negotiations & reached an agreement. Same with Shaw & United.

The overall valuation of £25m is too steep, though we've at least compromised them with a payment structure that would be dependent on him/us doing well. You think it's too much either way, so do most of us. There's no need to be cynical about every aspect of the transfer, it just sounds agenda-ish, like I said, it's almost like you're willing him to fail.

Also, they have a manager who is new to England. That would be a pretty risky bet for me.

So what's your definition of good?

There's Southampton blood in the water & sharks are circling - I'd be worried about them staying up next season.

So what's your definition of good?

There's Southampton blood in the water & sharks are circling - I'd be worried about them staying up next season.

It's a fairly flimsy bit of reasoning really, "I said they'll be as good, but measured in a way that's almost Inception-esque".

It's a fairly flimsy bit of reasoning really, "I said they'll be as good, but measured in a way that's almost Inception-esque".

It's almost as flimsy as the Ross rule - "no managers make a difference - except the ones that do".

Actually - that's not flimsy since it covers all possibilities.

Couldn't resist, sorry. A truly Moyesian Honour.

The-David-Moyes-mural-at-Taffs-Tavern-in-Old-Swan.jpg

OK so if we win the league with 72 points, is that a good season or a bad season?

Show some perspective, the difference between finishing 8th or 12th is largely insignificant. When you finish top, no one really gives a fuck about the points improvement/decline.

OK so if we win the league with 72 points, is that a good season or a bad season?

In general the number of points that will get you X place one year, will get you the same place the next year give or take a place or two. It rarely if ever changes that much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom