• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Adam Lallana

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oddly timed news I thought.

Like it was designed to take a few headlines from someone else
Usually I'd agree, but the fact Shaw happened the same day certainly suggests that Southampton started green lighting the sales.

Usually I'd agree, but the fact Shaw happened the same day certainly suggests that Southampton started green lighting the sales.

If I was Koeman or a member of the board, I'd be green lighting the fuck out of those transfers. They must be laughing all the way to the bank.
Koeman can probably replace Shaw, Lallana and Lambert for £10 million with players bought from the Dutch League.

people say him at Melwood

zh8tIB5.jpg

If I was Koeman or a member of the board, I'd be green lighting the fuck out of those transfers. They must laughing all the way to the bank.
Koeman can probably replace Shaw, Lallana and Lambert for £10 million with players bought from the Dutch League.

He can buy all of Feyenoord and then take the pick of Twente and PSV

If I was Koeman or a member of the board, I'd be green lighting the fuck out of those transfers. They must be laughing all the way to the bank.
Yep, he can definitely replace his captain and best player for under ten million.

Yep, he can definitely replace his captain and best player for under ten million.
Probably could tbh. It's all about the scouting. Or in their case, promotion from within.

They've replaced bale, the ox and Walcott over the past few years. Why not Lallana?

Probably could tbh. It's all about the scouting. Or in their case, promotion from within.

They've replaced bale, the ox and Walcott over the past few years. Why not Lallana?
Lallana is much much more important for them than those two were at the time, and a much better player, no way will they sign someone who will have as good as season as Lallana did, especially considering they'd have to sign two other players with Modo's allotted £10m. Its a shame, because I agree with Modo's base point, ie there's better value than £25million for Lallana, but he's exaggerating it to agenda like levels.

Lallana is much much more important for them than those two were at the time, and a much better player, no way will they sign someone who will have as good as season as Lallana did, especially considering they'd have to sign two other players with Modo's allotted £10m. Its a shame, because I agree with Modo's base point, ie there's better value than £25million for Lallana, but he's exaggerating it to agenda like levels.

Which is not really surprising, is it? It's amazing that he's missed the fact that most people actually agree with the sentiment, they just don't go to idiotic levels to compound the point.

I have a feeling Southampton will replace Lallana with more ease than most would expect.

I think Southampton are going to lose Lovren (to us) and maybe Rodriquez too. I expect them to finish in the bottom half of the PL next season. You can't just remove an excellent manager and their top 5 players without a massive decline, no matter who they bring in (at much lower transfer fees) to replace them.

I think Southampton are going to lose Lovren (to us) and maybe Rodriquez too. I expect them to finish in the bottom half of the PL next season. You can't just remove an excellent manager and their top 5 players without a massive decline, no matter who they bring in (at much lower transfer fees) to replace them.

Yeah, I think Rodriguez will go as well, likely to Spurs.

I think the biggest hurdle will be to individually replace all of the talent they are losing, but they have more than ample funds to do that, and a seemingly solid manager in place. If they're smart, they'll find players who will bed in quickly.

I'm just saying that I wouldn't be shocked if they have some new playmaker type player who has an excellent season next year, and is a real bright spot in their side. It'll be interesting to see how aggressive they'll be in bringing players in, that'll dictate their success next year.

Southampton are looking to replace Lallana with Dusan Tadic (not the war criminal - I have nothing against ducks) for about 10 million quid.

He is boss. Scores loads and assists more. Koeman knows the Eredivisie well and will have contacts at a fair few clubs having managed Feyenoord,Ajax, PSV, Vitesse and AZ.

Southampton are looking to replace Lallana with Dusan Tadic (not the war criminal - I have nothing against ducks) for about 10 million quid.

He is boss. Scores loads and assists more. Koeman knows the Eredivisie well and will have contacts at a fair few clubs having managed Feyenoord,Ajax, PSV, Vitesse and AZ.

I'd rather we just signed Tadic for 10M, and spent the other 15M elsewhere.

OK, they'll pocket the £27 million they got from Man U and use the £25 million we gave them to replace the three players they lost.

OK, they'll pocket the £27 million they got from Man U and use the £25 million we gave them to replace the three players they lost.

Then when they get relegated, they can use the £27m to keep then afloat for at least another season while whatever half decent players they have left jump ship & the search for another new manager begins.

Don't get me wrong, they'll do well out of these moves, and in the long run they'll probably be better for them, they won't be better next season though.

Southamptons owners are taking back the money they used to get the club where they are.

They might be a decent relegation bet

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom