• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Adam Lallana

Status
Not open for further replies.
Really? You're quite alone with that view I reckon

I think he'll do well for them. Will suit their type of football.
It will take some time though. Might have a rough first season but if he bulks up a bit he'll do really well.

I've followed him for some time, Spain's U21s, U20s etc (You know Pacheco). He hasn't really developed the way I expected, probably due to him staying at Bilbao, but he had a lot of potential once.

Herrera has the potential to excel for Utd but I still wouldn't call him a marquee player. He's a soon to be 25 year old without a senior cap to his name and has still to really establish himself as a top class player.

Herrera has the potential to excel for Utd but I still wouldn't call him a marquee player. He's a soon to be 25 year old without a senior cap to his name and has still to really establish himself as a top class player.

Herrera looks quality to me. Yeah he had a poor first half of the season, but he looked class in the 2nd half and definitely one of their best players. Good close control, creative and not afraid to put his foot in. He's a good buy for manure.

Okay, so I haven't seen much of Adam Lallana. Because I don't watch Southampton play. But from Liverpool games, I know he's got a good touch and can keep the ball and can dictate play. However, after seeing his youtube I was even more impressed. He seems to be the perfect non athletic player. Great touch, two footed, good shot, good finishing, inventive, and he can still dictate play.

Nailed on to be a vital part of the Midfield 3 next year, but he has versatility if he needs to play up front in an emergency.

Fuck you for this, Modo. Get excited. Hopefully we get Sanchez also as he'll be a great wing forward and striker for us.
I'm happy Suarez is gone. Let the headache go!

would be a shame if Suarez is gone.
Lallana would have a field day creating opportunities with Suarez's brilliant constant movement.

Okay, so I haven't seen much of Adam Lallana. Because I don't watch Southampton play. But from Liverpool games, I know he's got a good touch and can keep the ball and can dictate play. However, after seeing his youtube I was even more impressed. He seems to be the perfect non athletic player. Great touch, two footed, good shot, good finishing, inventive, and he can still dictate play.

Nailed on to be a vital part of the Midfield 3 next year, but he has versatility if he needs to play up front in an emergency

Non-athletic ? He averages about the same distance per match as Henderson and as we saw at the world cup ... not a little pace too,.

Thanks for the vid. !

Pace? Are we making stuff up now?
He's a quick thinker and can play in a high tempo game but he's no Sturridge.

Non-athletic ? He averages about the same distance per match as Henderson and as we saw at the world cup ... not a little pace too,.

Thanks for the vid. !

Lallana has many good qualities about him but pace is definitely not one of them. He's very slow. Won't matter if he's playing in a midfield 3 with hendo and gerrard though.

Lallana has many good qualities about him but pace is definitely not one of them. He's very slow. Won't matter if he's playing in a midfield 3 with hendo and gerrard though.

Sorry Glen but no, he is not. I've actually been impressed with his deceptive pace at the WC. He is certainly no speedster but the last thing he is, is slow, never mind the hyperbolic 'very slow'.

Sorry Glen but no, he is not. I've actually been impressed with his deceptive pace at the WC. He is certainly no speedster but the last thing he is, is slow, never mind the hyperbolic 'very slow'.

‘I always tried to use both feet as a young player. I’ve never been blessed with out-and-out pace or power so the technical side is a big part of my game.’

I wouldn't say he was a slouch

He's not pacy, and he's not "very slow" either.

Average to slightly above average pace I would say.

About the same pace as kuyt. He makes up for his lack of pace with his quick feet, but i wouldn't say he has deceptive pace at all.

Nailed on to be a vital part of the Midfield 3 next year, but he has versatility if he needs to play up front in an emergency.

Fuck you for this, Modo. Get excited. Hopefully we get Sanchez also as he'll be a great wing forward and striker for us.
I'm happy Suarez is gone. Let the headache go!

What the fuck is up with all the clips of him and his kid? There's music over the top so you cant hear what he's saying, just some shit dance music and close ups of a kid playing with a milkybar tube, I cant fathom why anyone would ever think that's a good idea to include in a compilation video, its just fucking odd.

From page 22 of this thread
Not updated till end of season but its interesting nonetheless.
[article=http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2602212/Nine-ten-players-Premier-League-distance-covered-table-English-West-Hams-Noble-leading-running-NINE-London-Marathons-season.html]
itkfrdd.png
[/article]

[article=http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/worldcup2014/article-2624264/Adam-Lallana-England-World-Cup-profile.html]KEY STAT: Lallana has created more chances than any other Englishman in the PL this term (71).[/article]

[article=http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/six-reasons-adam-lallana-liverpool-7112631?]The 26-year-old featured in every one of Southampton’s Premier League games this season, starting 37 and coming on as a sub in the other.

He made a total of 45 appearances (including three for England) in 2013-14 and played 30 times last season. He became a Saints regular in 2008-09, making 43 appearances, and made 56 the season after before playing 41 times and 46 in the next two campaigns.

He is one of the first names on Mauricio Pochettino’s teamsheet and has proved he can stand up to the rigours of Premier League football, despite his slight frame.

The fact Lallana has been a first-team regular with the Saints for six years means he has a wealth of experience, despite only turning 26 in early May.

His footballing education at Southampton has taken him from League One, through the Championship and Premier League, and to the international stage (he won the first of his three senior England caps last November).

Lallana has made 229 league appearances and, if he moves to Anfield this summer, he will be one of the most experienced midfield players on the club’s books.

Steven Gerrard (475) leads the way in terms of league appearances, of course, but Lallana has played more games in England than Lucas Leiva (176), Jordan Henderson (183), Joe Allen (183), Raheem Sterling (60) and Philippe Coutinho (46).[/article]
top10.jpg

wait how am i meant to read that ? should it not be for noble ...380927.0 or 380,927.0 ? what the fuck is 38,0927.0 ?

Yep. The Daily Mail fucking up by putting their commas / decimal points in all the wrong places. Still we know what they are meant to be since most players average 8-10 kms per match.

Thanks Binny - exactly my point earlier that not only is Lallana not slow and has bags of stamina ... he is actually very athletic with decent pace ! Nobody would call Rooney slow and that's about Lallana's top speed (though Lallana averages much higher than Rooney the lazy cunt).

wait how am i meant to read that ? should it not be for noble ...380927.0 or 380,927.0 ? what the fuck is 38,0927.0 ?

Ha, good spot. Though I guess the point is to highlight where Lallana ranks amongst others in the league. I wonder why Caulker is so high up the list. Do they count also distance covered in running up for corners? And Tom Huddlestone being there is a surprise.

Ha, good spot. Though I guess the point is to highlight where Lallana ranks amongst others in the league. I wonder why Caulker is so high up the list. Do they count also distance covered in running up for corners? And Tom Huddlestone being there is a surprise.

On its own it looks odd, but when you consider how much attacking or possession football each side does it matters, cos players who run a lot on those sides are either running with the ball, or running into space, as well as pressing, whereas in other sides it can just as easily mean they're pressing loads & getting back loads without running into space or running with the ball.

It's been said on the radio a couple of times today that the deal is done. They might just be blowing smoke, of course, but still....

Oddly timed news I thought.

Like it was designed to take a few headlines from someone else

Oddly timed news I thought.

Like it was designed to take a few headlines from someone else

Or it could be that he's just returned from the World Cup, so we've carried on negotiations and signed him. I'm not sure why it's oddly timed, we were trying to sign him before he went.

Woy did say that he didn't want any transfer nonsense in the camp as well.

Or it could be that he's just returned from the World Cup, so we've carried on negotiations and signed him. I'm not sure why it's oddly timed, we were trying to sign him before he went.

We got into negotiations pre-world cup in anticipation of a Suarez bite. Watch this space. We might well oddly announce another signing at some point this summer as well. All because it'll completely take all attention away from the Suarez debacle.

Average speed and average top speed?? How would they even track that? I have mental images of sad little men in anoraks with multiple stopwatches going throughout every game. I realize its probably sad little men in anoraks writing computer programs, but its still near-meaningless.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom