• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

AFCON

Status
Not open for further replies.
Comoros will be forced to start an outfield player in goal for their Africa Cup of Nations round of 16 clash against hosts Cameroon on Monday, as their three goalkeepers are all absent. First choice Salim Ben Boina is missing through injury after being stretchered off in their win over Ghana, while his understudies, Moyadh Ousseini and Ali Ahamada, have tested positive for Covid. It is a huge blow for the team as their build up to arguably the biggest match in their history. They have a total of seven players absent due to Covid, severely depleting their ranks. An unnamed outfield player has been training as a goalkeeper in recent days to prepare him to face the tournaments top scorers, who scored seven goals in their three group matches. The Comoros assistant manager Daniel Padovanni said: “We’ve already chosen an outfield player who will start as keeper. It’s a player who in training has shown that he can play as a keeper.”

That's incredible. Do they not have any rules in place to account for this and permit them to bring in another keeper? Amazing.

That's incredible. Do they not have any rules in place to account for this and permit them to bring in another keeper? Amazing.
It has a population around the same size as merseyside. One of their outfield players is probably a better keeper than what’s left back in their own country.

I volunteered to play goalie for the Comoros national team ... I'm not that bad - and all I asked for was a free trip to Comoros, all expense covered for wife and I, for our 15th wedding anniversary in July. Fuckers said no ... I mean WTF?!??!

Its really upto his wife if he signs another deal, they have enough money. He does 12-14 hours some days and she might tell him, no more work after this contract finishes.

As if his wife wants him to spend more time at home.

Where the fuck even is Comoros? I mean obviously Africa somewhere but where?
Are they anywhere near Burkina Fasa?

AFCON is the only football tournament where I have learned of the existence of previously unknown (to me) countries

I had been working on the assumption that it was a nickname, like the Springboks or something.

Looks like we'll be getting Naby back soon,

Guinea losing 1-0 to Gambia and he was suspended for this game anyway so should be in line to start the next game.

Are they anywhere near Burkina Fasa?

AFCON is the only football tournament where I have learned of the existence of previously unknown (to me) countries

Not close mate ...

Overview-map-of-the-Union-of-Comoros-Map-of-Comoros-and-neighboring-countries.jpg

and Burkina Faso ... which has the greatest named capital in today's world I think.

burkina-faso-location-on-the-africa-map.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom