• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Alexis Sanchez

Status
Not open for further replies.
Look im not trying to start shit or be sanctimonious or anything like that. It just seemed pretty glaring and counter productive is all.
Im not defending Modo, hes a wab. And my point was really about the Arsenal thing.

I just don't get the constant going out on a limb to defend him. Like I said, people jump to his defense without bothering to have a look at the bigger picture and what he's posted elsewhere. I'm not that arsed but stop painting him to be this innocent victim when he clearly fishes for it all the time.

And yeah, if you want to know where the "sanctimonious" comment stems from, go back and read yours and a few others posts in the Suarez thread, taking the moral high ground over people. It's all a bit laughable mate, I might be being a cunt, but the Holier Than Thou attitude to some subjects is laughable and unnecessary really.
I think youre mistaking me with someone else regarding posts about Suarez mate.

Thats pretty pathetic Mark.
If I was Alexis Sanchez and I had the choice of either club (and wasnt blinkered by my love of Liverpool) id 100% go to Arsenal. A club that has been well run for decades and not 5 minutes.
We are where Arsenal were in about 2005. And whilst I trust our owners and manager to get it right players dont have the luxury of time and faith. They chose what they see as a sure thing.

I dont see what players injuries have to do with anything. Werent Sturridge, Allen, Coutinho, Agger etc out injured last season. Deary me.

Spot on. I I can easily see why Sanchez would choose Arsenal over us as gutting as it is. Until we've established ourselves as a regular top 4 team we'll keep having these issues.

Spot on. I I can easily see why Sanchez would choose Arsenal over us as gutting as it is. Until we've established ourselves as a regular top 4 team we'll keep having these issues.
Plus of course - You know... It's London. Which let's be honest - Is a nicer city to live in....

*Runs*

Yeah, I don't really have any problem with him choosing them, it''s gilt edged and the big draw is them being in London. We're just a better club with great players and a brilliant history. And I'm a biased cunt.

I just caught up on the last 5 pages and Modo was brought up about 4 times. And even after he said
'Im not bringing that up again' AND 'It doesnt matter now' both Mark and Ryan called him on it again.

Either ignore him or feed him, I dont care either way. I think Modo can be a cunt but brining things up that he has said in the past and then moaning when he defende them is proper mental.

Just had a look back. I see it differently man and I don't think I'm mental, well hope not.

Someone (lewy) stated that Sanchez cost 2 million more than Lallana. Modo replied to that post with "Jesus Christ". A few (Ryan, Me etc) pointed out that it wasn't as if we picked Lallana over Sanchez. The train of thought was carried on by Whirly who created an alternative reality where Lallana didn't exist. #BTTF.

I don't see that as goading of Modo or bringing up things he said in the past.

Peace.

There is also an argument for any incoming player to look at the last 15 years or so ........

15 !?!? If I was a player I'd look at the past TWO seasons, look at the manager, transfer record and current players and those coming in. Wages, city etc. aside. Stop.

With the greatest respect to ourselves, our 'brilliant history' happened about 20 - 40 years ago.

Sanchez was born in 1988. When he was 14, Arsenal won the title undefeated for a season under Arsene Wenger. That'd be the same Wenger he just signed to play for.

With the greatest respect to ourselves, our 'brilliant history' happened about 20 - 40 years ago.

Sanchez was born in 1988. When he was 14, Arsenal won the title undefeated for a season under Arsene Wenger. That'd be the same Wenger he just signed to play for.
Woah woah woah!! The year after that we won the European cup. FOR KEEPS.

I dont think it has to be a competition.
And id think he was a cunt if he went to Chelsea or City for the cash, but Arsenal (for me) are one of the three big PROPER clubs in England, and like it or not at this stage they are ahead of us in terms of future strategy.
Its completely understandable.

Woah woah woah!! The year after that we won the European cup. FOR KEEPS.

I dont think it has to be a competition.
And id think he was a cunt if he went to Chelsea or City for the cash, but Arsenal (for me) are one of the three big PROPER clubs in England, and like it or not at this stage they are ahead of us in terms of future strategy.
Its completely understandable.

The three being Liverpool, United and Arsenal?

I loved the pic of Emre Can hypnotized by the Champions League trophy, ya know, the one we got to keep.

I'm hoping it has some LOTR type powers. I'm just waiting for David Moyes to break in searching for his precious.

I feared for a second you might be including Chelsea!
Nah, even when I was a kid Chelsea werent a big club.
For me the biggest clubs in England were always
Us
United
Arsenal
Leeds
Villa
Everton
Spurs
Forest
Obviously out of those a player would go to the upper tier in regards to current success, with the likes of Leeds, Forest and even Everton and Villa dropping away from the big table these days.
Beneath that come Chelsea, West Ham, City, Sheffield Wednesday, Newcastle, Sunderland, Derby, Ipswich etc.
Chelsea and City being the richest of those obviously keeps them in the mix.

Its probably massively subjective but the big three in my eyes are United, Liverpool and Arsenal.

We should just lock this thread and move on though. He's signing for Arsenal, it will cost them around 31-35 mill.
We move on and hopefully he'll be shite.

Ha ha - You really do despise them don't you. I'm sure you have your reasons but having lived right on their doorstep for many years they are an ok bunch really.

Bollocks. They are a bunch of smug, conceited, patronising bastards based on fuck all. I was on the Kop in '89 when they won the league using hoofball, and now they act like they invented total football. Effete wankers. Fuck them.
WE'VE WON 5 EUROPEAN CUPS YOU CUNTS!

In fact Mark, im not letting you off that easy.
Go back and imagine someone else posted what you did?
Look at my first post. Then your response. Then look at my response (talking about the point I was making) then your final remark.

Whos the cunt here?

You're all cunts.

Nah, even when I was a kid Chelsea werent a big club.
For me the biggest clubs in England were always
Us
United
Arsenal
Leeds
Villa
Everton
Spurs
Forest
Obviously out of those a player would go to the upper tier in regards to current success, with the likes of Leeds, Forest and even Everton and Villa dropping away from the big table these days.
Beneath that come Chelsea, West Ham, City, Sheffield Wednesday, Newcastle, Sunderland, Derby, Ipswich etc.
Chelsea and City being the richest of those obviously keeps them in the mix.

Its probably massively subjective but the big three in my eyes are United, Liverpool and Arsenal.

A big club has won the European cup.

Ha. I think Arsenal is a cracking club. I dont support them, but I admire a lot of what they have done.

I do admire them for only bothering to win two trophies in the past nine years while moving into a soul-less corporate bowl and banging on about how brilliant they are while continually proving the opposite.

I do admire them for only bothering to win two trophies in the past nine years while moving into a soul-less corporate bowl and banging on about how brilliant they are while continually proving the opposite.

The selfies are great too and the celebrations for "winning" 4th.

I'm always a bit torn when discussing the Arse, especially their fans, 'coz my dad was a Gooner. I imagine it must be similar for the many Reds on here and elsewhere who have bluenoses in their family.

I'm always a bit torn when discussing the Arse, especially their fans, 'coz my dad was a Gooner. I imagine it must be similar for the many Reds on here and elsewhere who have bluenoses in their family.

They're the least offensive of the big sides really, I can't stand the Mancs for obvious reasons, everyone hates Chelsea, City are just another commercial vehicle, Arsenal are similarly run to us, there are parallels on that note, I just think they seem a bit hollow but they're "ok".

The thing is, it's NOT the same Wenger. That was the Wenger of 10 or 11 years ago, who is all probably going stale and is good for a forth placed finished every year. The shareholders like their profits every year, as there is a few of them, and they have zero interest in being a big spending competitor. The Wenger point is like pointing to us as having a great history.

So much for D.A. and optimism. Things are changing lads, better update your databases.

Right now, we have a more trendy manager, more momentum, and a lot more style. All these are temporary factors, and may evaporate, but The fans are more loyal to its players, and a good player here gets treated loyally royally

Arsenal is not a club for the ambitious player. You don't go there thinking - ah here I might win something big now. Or that you've got a marvelous manager who will send me soaring.

I think it's self loathing Pffaff to suggest a player would see them as attractive for no other reason that it's the nation's capital LONDON!

minion-what.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom