• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Aqua to Fiorentina

Status
Not open for further replies.
According to Fiorentinas president the deal is done and he has signed

g6011619998.gif

I'm confused. I thought he wanted to stay? Modo said that he did and we should trust him.

I'm so confused.

Apparently we paid Fiorentina £5m, with addons if he plays more than 25 matches next season. So we should be ok.

come on man ... he's a good lad.
Ha, i was joking man. Though i can kinda imagine Modo sitting there in his basement, crying over a set of candles around a shrine of slightly built, afraid-to-tackle trequartistas and boss-eyed Italian money-grabbing midfielders.

The lad is only drowning his sorrows. Pat's Modo on the back! Dont worry lad, all will be well soon.

Fiorentina have Borja Valero and Gonzalo Rodriguez from Villarreal, but it’s reported they’ll agree to share Alberto Aquilani’s wages with Liverpool tomorrow.

The Viola appear to be going into overdrive in their reinforcement work this week, as last night they secured midfielder Borja Valero from Villarreal.

Today 28-year-old defender Rodriguez is expected to arrive and complete his transfer as well.

According to the latest reports in the Italian media, Fiorentina will meet with Liverpool over the next 24 hours in order to finalise their deal for Aquilani.

It’s claimed Liverpool would agree to pay €2.5m of Aquilani’s €4m wages over the next two years.

Fiorentina would then take over for €1.5m per season plus performance-related bonuses until 2015.

Fiorentina owner Andrea Della Valle has revealed that the club have completed another deal this week, bringing in Liverpool’s Alberto Aquilani.

The Italian regista has been on the look-out for a club for the third summer in a row, after successive single seasons back in Serie A on loan at Juventus and Milan ended without either club agreeing a deal with Liverpool to sign him permanently.

In a period of rebuilding, Fiorentina have been linked this summer with the former Roma man and according to their owner have now completed a permanent deal for the midfielder.

“We have taken Aquilani,” Andrea Della Valle briefly offered to reporters at La Viola’s training base in Moena this morning.

The player is reported as already in Florence today to undergo his medical examination and upon completion of the move is then expected to join up with his new teammates this evening.

Aquilani, who is moving for a reputed €7m fee, is understood to have agreed a €1.7m-a-year contract for three seasons with the club, with Liverpool believed to be contributing to his pay packet for the first two campaigns.

I wish we had a gazillionaire owner who would make him clean the bogs for the next two years instead.

From LFC

Liverpool Football Club can today confirm that Alberto Aquilani has completed a permanent transfer to Serie A side Fiorentina.

The Italian midfielder joined Liverpool in 2009 but made just 28 first-team appearances having spent the last two seasons on loan in his homeland.
Everyone at the club would like to wish Alberto all the best for the future.

From LFC

Liverpool Football Club can today confirm that Alberto Aquilani has completed a permanent transfer to Serie A side Fiorentina.

The Italian midfielder joined Liverpool in 2009 but made just 28 first-team appearances having spent the last two seasons on loan in his homeland.
Everyone at the club would like to wish Alberto all the best for the future.
Wahay!

Reference to "homeland" + very brief announcement = "the fecker's wanted to go home for yonks now, and good piggin riddance".

In an attempt to put a positive spin on this, at least Hooray Henry inherited this player as part of the club's assets therefore did not spend so much to receive so little back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom