• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Ashes 2013-14

Fucking embarrassment, at least show some fight you bunch of spineless cunts.

In Perth we will be lucky to score triple figures at this rate.

Think most knew we wern't really that good anymore, the peak of 3/4 years ago had been and gone but to be this bad is beyond anything anyone could of expected.

What the fuck has happened to Prior?, staggering form loss he really cannot score a run anymore in the truest sense, he shouldn't be in the team, if anyone had said that 6 months ago you would think they are mentally deranged or winding up.

Big KP fan but hes just not anywhere near how he should be performing nowadays, ditto Cook, way way too many failures compared to successes.

Root is shit as is Bairstow.

Thought it all along but Compton should never of been dropped, he and Cook had a good thing going and saw off the new ball consistantly, horrendous management from Flower and co to put that pressure on Compton for the home NZ tests after he had earned his Ashes spot in the away tour of NZ.

Carberry does look allright though and Bell gets a pass but the rest is a mess, Stokes is never and will never be a test 6.

Hard to criticise the bowlers as they are the ones who have been papering over the cracks and making the difference for quite sometime but we definatly need something fresh and different and preferably rapid!

Fuck it, scraping the bottom of the barrel of positivity, after the 5-0 hammering in 2007 we would of snapped hands off if we had been told we would win the next 3 series at the expense of another hiding in 2013, this does hurt though, can only see it getting worse although its cringeworthy imagining how it can go any lower.

And what the fucking hell is Gooch doing?

To think he actually gets paid is mind blowing, he should be thrown in a dungeon and left to rot.

You can bowl back of good length chest high bouncers all day long in Test cricket. There is no limitation on that. It's two per over for over shoulder level bouncers. This England bowling unit was a couple of yards quicker till about last year and they were capable of returning the treatment with some accurate bowling. They were also supported by their main lbatsmen being in collective good form over that period. They are struggling on both fronts now.
It's not like Johnson is out of the world quick. He is no Thommo or Akhtar or Lee or Younis

How did England turn turtle or become a turkey so quickly after the triumph of summer?

My guess is they got cocky and started to believe their own publicity, instead of remembering you have to earn your rep each time you go out there.

How did England turn turtle or become a turkey so quickly after the triumph of summer?

In the summer Ashes, Australia were a lot better than the 3-0 defeat suggested. I think many of us suspected that on their own wickets, they would turn us over. :)

Reactions: Y1
Yeah I had it in the back of mind this could happen. Maybe I just didn't want to believe it. I'm gobsmacked at just how dominant they have been and how woeful England have been. I've been getting plenty of stick from my wifes Aussie family as well which isn't fun.

Apart from Broads 6 fer in the first test I can't think of any other positives. Oh well - Plenty of cricket left yet. Maybe they can do something good.

I don't mind batsman getting out to top bowling but a lot of those deliveries were just straight. No movement or seam popping it up. I think we are making Johnson look good.

I don't mind batsman getting out to top bowling but a lot of those deliveries were just straight. No movement or seam popping it up. I think we are making Johnson look good.

Exactly some terrible shots there and no excuses, the pitch is blameless. Monty lasted 13 overs which puts some of our batsmen performances into perspective. Obv we are going to lose but we really need to take this into a fifth day

Exactly some terrible shots there and no excuses, the pitch is blameless. Monty lasted 13 overs which puts some of our batsmen performances into perspective. Obv we are going to lose but we really need to take this into a fifth day
Completely agree - There are runs to be had on this pitch (although not as much as day 1 and 2) Englands top order needs to make a score of something if only to give them a bit of confidence.

I've been forced into redecorating the last couple of weeks by the wife, having made the mistake of showing her the paint we had in the shed. Doh.

As a result I've been in bed by midnight every night knackered, just watching the highlights. Depressing stuff.

They're just capitulating mentally everytime they step into the crease. It's ridiculous.

I feel for the poor bastard who have saved up & are spending half their life savings to go & watch them.

They need to apologise to the fans, cos they're not even making the required effort.

I've been forced into redecorating the last couple of weeks by the wife, having made the mistake of showing her the paint we had in the shed. Doh.

As a result I've been in bed by midnight every night knackered, just watching the highlights. Depressing stuff.

They're just capitulating mentally everytime they step into the crease. It's ridiculous.

I feel for the poor bastard who have saved up & are spending half their life savings to go & watch them.

They need to apologise to the fans, cos they're not even making the required effort.

Speaking of the fans - They really are ace. I was in the middle of this lot at the SCG when this happened. Funny as fuck. Not sure if it's one of those 'you had to be there' moments - But here it is anyway. Brilliant!

Speaking of the fans - They really are ace. I was in the middle of this lot at the SCG when this happened. Funny as fuck. Not sure if it's one of those 'you had to be there' moments - But here it is anyway. Brilliant!

Hahaha thanks for posting 2011? very very jealous

I just checked the weather forecast and there is rain expected for Sunday and Monday, so if England put up some resistance in their second innings they may get a bit of help from above.

Hahaha thanks for posting 2011? very very jealous
Yep 2011. This was the 5th day when it was all but sown up. The Aussies decided to let everyone in for free which was very sound of them. Proper carnival atmosphere. Those were the days! :(

Yep 2011. This was the 5th day when it was all but sown up. The Aussies decided to let everyone in for free which very sound of them. Proper carnival atmosphere. Those were the days! :(

A day you will never forget I suspect - 20,000 brits and no aussies! remember watching that mornings play wishing I could be there - the atmosphere tingled out of the tv. Complete and utter humiliation dished out- fantastic

I just checked the weather forecast and there is rain expected for Sunday and Monday, so if England put up some resistance in their second innings they may get a bit of help from above.

And again... HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

England praying for rain. How the mighty.

I can't really speak for @Ryan but I lived in Sydney for 4 years and came across many Irish folk that would follow Australian cricket. Mostly when they played against England and not against SA or India for example. Without wanting to pigeon hole Ryan - It was a kind of joke amongst the Aussies and the English fans - Make of that what you will.

I can't really speak for @Ryan but I lived in Sydney for 4 years and came across many Irish folk that would follow Australian cricket. Mostly when they played against England and not against SA or India for example. Make of that what you will.

That's really very sad and rather pathetic especially as we are the same really. As if anybody cares anyway

That's really very sad and rather pathetic especially as we are the same really. As if anybody cares anyway

I think it's to do with living abroad - As I said that attitude wasn't taken in a particularly bad way. More a kind of bemused, pitying shrug of the shoulder type thing.

Even when bowling straight as an arrow Johnson has got a couple of things going for him...obviously his pace is one, but he has also got the lefty angle which is a bit difficult to play. But you are right, there is an awful lot of poor form and tiredness in the England batting line up. It was the same thing for the Indian team that toured England and Australia last year. But Australia would present it as a case of England batsmen not knowing how to play pace! No Johnson bowled just as quick the last time England toured Australia, they still had Lee around if im not wrong, but they had no problem then....it's not as simple as it is being made out.

It takes a great team to sustain number one ranking for more than a couple of years. England and India were not great teams, they were good teams in good form.....the form has run out.

Oh well - At least they batted through the day. It's not great obviously but there are some positives to be taken...... I think....

I know it's not related to the Ashes - but SA smashed India in the opening ODI in Joburg and Quinton De Kock hit his maiden century. He's the next great SA player - he's almost 21 and he's just a phenomenal batting talent. Watch out for him.

Seems like a repeat is on offer, but this is a relatively flatter wicket. No movement off the wicket.

Anyway I hope the Indian team can get it sorted before the Test begins.

Seems like a repeat is on offer, but this is a relatively flatter wicket. No movement off the wicket.

Anyway I hope the Indian team can get it sorted before the Test begins.

Amla is a run away from being the fastest ever to get to 4000 ODI runs, beating Richard's record ... What a player

Back
Top Bottom