• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

bellamy

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote author=Akakabooto link=topic=46566.msg1385173#msg1385173 date=1314093556]
[quote author=the count link=topic=46566.msg1385165#msg1385165 date=1314092873]
I would sooner have a young hungry striker with the potential to develop into a top player.
Pass
[/quote]

In an ideal world yes. It would be very difficult to find someone who is reasonably priced and already good enough to make an impact though. Also it's good for a young player to play big minutes regularly whereas Bellamy would be ideal as an impact sub.
[/quote]I doubt if it would be that difficult to temp a young talented striker here as there would be lots opportunities for him to get game time as we are not overloaded in that department.
I also think that people are overrating Bellamy's ability to contribute at this stage and I would fear that he would be a disruptive influence in the dressing room and would just turn into next season's deadwood player on big money we are desperate to shift.

[quote author=the count link=topic=46566.msg1385176#msg1385176 date=1314094012]
I doubt if it would be that difficult to temp a young talented striker here as there would be lots opportunities for him to get game time as we are not overloaded in that department.
I also think that people are overrating Bellamy's ability to contribute at this stage and I would fear that he would be a disruptive influence in the dressing room and would just turn into next season's deadwood player on big money we are desperate to shift.
[/quote]

I'm not doubting our ability to tempt such a player it's just that can we find one at a price we can afford? Also, we have Suarez, Carroll and Kuyt who are going to play most games up front so I'm not sure there would be that many minutes for a relatively unproven kid. Bellamy's versatility would guarantee time on the pitch for him and in a tight spot I'd feel more comfortable throwing in an experienced guy like him.

Price, contract length and wages would have to be right for this to be feasible though.

bensmith_Times Ben Smith
@
@ShaneWxmLFC some truth yes. #LFC do want Bellamy. Deal will go down to deadline day, I suspect

Kuyt has said plenty of time that he will not go anywhere. What is all these bullshit about him leaving?

As for Bellamy, YES please. Pace is something we need upfront. We can't rely on Suarez alone.

with bellamy's wages it is a case of replacing cole with bellamy which is an excellent swap. I really hope it happens but I doubt it will.

[quote author=spider-neil link=topic=46566.msg1386879#msg1386879 date=1314263847]
with bellamy's wages it is a case of replacing cole with bellamy which is an excellent swap. I really hope it happens but I doubt it will.
[/quote]

Yeah that would be wonderful.
I'm still worried we won't get rid of Cole though.
Who the hell would be willing to pay his current wages?

Not convinced, hes 32 now and hes not played top flight football in over a season, add to that he would want 100k a week, unless his wages came down considerably then I dont think its feasible

The point about wages I'll give you, but the rest wouldn't worry me because he'd be coming as a stand-in, not as a regular first teamer.

The wages would defo be a worry - And it's not exactly keeping with the owners policy of sell on value. But I have to say I love Bellers. He's be great for us I think. Isn't he a boyhood red? ;) I'm sure he would lower his wages to join us again!

Or maybe not......

Well, seeing as we got 80k per week off the wage bill with Aquaman gone, and hopefully another 90k per week gone with Cole, I'm hopeful something like 80k per week on a 2 year contract might entice him to join the club he loves.

80k a week for a 32 year old mental case, with a patchy injury history...

.... and he's Welsh.....

Seriously.... NO!

[quote author=juniormember link=topic=46566.msg1387029#msg1387029 date=1314282796]
Well, seeing as we got 80k per week off the wage bill with Aquaman gone, and hopefully another 90k per week gone with Cole, I'm hopeful something like 80k per week on a 2 year contract might entice him to join the club he loves.
[/quote]

By all accounts we will have to pay part of Cole's wages to shift him

We had Jovanovic who was supposedly on around £75k/wk and didn't even made it into the squad towards later part of the season at all. Taking into consideration the potential sale of Ngog, if he's able to make decent contribution and allow the younger lads from the youth teams to gain experience and improve before making it into 1st team squad as backup players, then those wages should not be a problem. Jordan Henderson is already earning £65k.

From an old news dated Jul 11:
Celts manager Neil Lennon was open in admitting his pursuit was an ambitious one, but any chances of a deal going through now appear to be over after the 31-year-old said he won’t take a reduction on his £80,000-a-week wage to force a move North of the border.

That would have been the only way a deal was viable for Celtic, but Bellamy insists he needs the money to fund his academy in Sierra Leone and that even if he negotiates a release from his current contract, the first choice destination would be a return to Cardiff City.

Bellamy said: "There's no chance of me taking a reduction in money - that is impossible.

"I have to take care of 13 children every day there [in Sierra Leone].

“My wages are more important to them than they are for me.

"If City were to pay me the final year of my wages then I can go where I want. In that case, my first option would be Cardiff."

So, 13 kids sharing around 20k a week (more if he claims gift aid). Keep an eye out for 13 impeccabley dressed kids rolling around in Benz's

[quote author=Rouge Penguin link=topic=46566.msg1387049#msg1387049 date=1314285636]
So, 13 kids sharing around 20k a week (more if he claims gift aid). Keep an eye out for 13 impeccabley dressed kids rolling around in Benz's
[/quote]

Ehm you might want to read this site to find out more, mate.

http://www.craigbellamyfoundation.org/

Guess those 13 highlighted might be extreme cases etc.

Back in 2008:

The Craig Bellamy Foundation League, which will be up and running in November and will incorporate 14 new leagues and 68 new boys' teams, thus giving employment to 141 managers and coaches.

The initial Foundation costs will be approaching £550,000 a year. Of that, Bellamy has so far budgeted nearly £650,000 of his own money in the first three years, but adds that he is in it “until I'm a very old man”.

There is no financial return for him, either. “I'm not looking to find and sell players,” he said. “I'm not an agent. I want to make it clear that if any player does make it, any fee goes straight back into the academy.”

Sierra Leone is ranked by Unicef as having the worst child mortality figures in the world and by the United Nations as having the worst record according to the Human Development Index, which measures life expectancy, literacy, education and standard of living.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/football/article3876373.ece

[quote author=mark mc link=topic=46566.msg1387137#msg1387137 date=1314293469]
Bellamy will sign immiently....
[/quote]

happy days. thanks for sharing mate.

[quote author=mark mc link=topic=46566.msg1387137#msg1387137 date=1314293469]
Bellamy will sign immiently....
[/quote]not the news I was particularly hoping for but cheers for the info anyhow Mark

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom