• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

bellamy

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote author=mark mc link=topic=46566.msg1387137#msg1387137 date=1314293469]
Bellamy will sign immiently....
[/quote]

Cheers, Mark. Good signing.

[quote author=Gary25 link=topic=46566.msg1387144#msg1387144 date=1314293775]
Loan or Permanent transfer, Mark?
[/quote]Permanent as far as i know but not 100% sure mate.

Suarez and Bellamy up front together will be the most irritating attacking partnership in the history of football.

[quote author=mark mc link=topic=46566.msg1387137#msg1387137 date=1314293469]
Bellamy will sign immiently....
[/quote]

YAY!!! ;D

Cheers for the info Mark. Saw some journos saying City are prepared to pay up his contract and let him speak to us.

[quote author=barrymac20 link=topic=46566.msg1387175#msg1387175 date=1314296472]
Now all we need is our marquee signing and we'll be sorted!
[/quote]

He 'IS' our marquee signing

I like this. We need pace up front and Bellamy has that in spades. He's also very skilful and absolutely mental, both qualities that our squad could do with.

I have a feeling (completely irrational) that he's going to be an absolute beast for us.

I would be quite pleased if he signed. He is a good player, he is experienced and is a character.

However, for some reason I am choosing to ignore the fact that he wasn't exactly a success last time. Is this wise?

Cheers Mark.

Excellent cover for Suarez and a viable alternative to Kuyt on the right.

[quote author=Skullflower link=topic=46566.msg1387188#msg1387188 date=1314297944]
btw, exactly how imient is this? today?
[/quote]Not sure mate but its about to happen.

[quote author=Buddha link=topic=46566.msg1387191#msg1387191 date=1314298331]
Cheers Mark.

Excellent cover for Suarez and a viable alternative to Kuyt on the right.
[/quote]

And left where he played for City. Great back up player to have in the squad

I have a feeling we'll use him more than a back-up if he signs. He's a seriously good player when fit and head screwed on. We sorely need players with match-winning ability, and he's got that. Whether we can get that out of him remains to be seen, but if anyone can manage a character like him, it's Kenny.

It's not just his pace and skill, he's also got a tremendous work rate when fit. I'll be happily up for a starting front three of Bellamy, Kuyt, and Suarez with all three roaming and pulling defenders out of position. Would there be a harder working front three in the PL? I think not. If it works, it'd be an absolute nightmare for a defence to play against.

[quote author=Judge Jules link=topic=46566.msg1387189#msg1387189 date=1314297985]
Richey, he wasn't a failure either TBF. In fact, on form alone I don't think we'd have got rid.
[/quote]

True, but he was injured a fair bit wasn't he? And he didn't score that many goals. Don't get me wrong, I would be pleased if we signed him as I think he'd be ideal back up but I just have a slight nagging doubt.

I wouldn't say marvellous. I expected players of better quality, but yes, if we pull these two off, I'd be satisfied. It'd be a squad I'd have genuine faith in for a top 4 finish.

We'd still be a top quality attacking player and central midfielder (and a firmly recognisable footballing philosophy) away from a title-worthy squad though.

That'll be one mental front line, made up. He's a cracking player when fit and slightly normal.

[quote author=dmishra link=topic=46566.msg1387197#msg1387197 date=1314299264]
I have a feeling we'll use him more than a back-up if he signs. He's a seriously good player when fit and head screwed on. We sorely need players with match-winning ability, and he's got that. Whether we can get that out of him remains to be seen, but if anyone can manage a character like him, it's Kenny.

It's not just his pace and skill, he's also got a tremendous work rate when fit. I'll be happily up for a starting front three of Bellamy, Kuyt, and Suarez with all three roaming and pulling defenders out of position. Would there be a harder working front three in the PL? I think not. If it works, it'd be an absolute nightmare for a defence to play against.
[/quote]

Some good points there. My guess is that the initial intention would be for him to act as back-up, but that he's capable of forcing his way into the side in his own right, which is just what you want in your squaddies if you have serious designs on winning things.

[/quote]

Well put. Bellamy will add another dimension to our attack. Bellamy, Downing and Suarez up front also looks good on paper. Pace, trickery and a goal threat.

Really hope this comes off.

[quote author=Judge Jules link=topic=46566.msg1387205#msg1387205 date=1314299628]

[/quote]

Some good points there. My guess is that the initial intention would be for him to act as back-up, but that he's capable of forcing his way into the side in his own right, which is just what you want in your squaddies if you have serious designs on winning things.
[/quote]

Yeah exactly, I feel there are not many better squad players we could sign. Really made up about this.

MirrorAnderson David Anderson
City are prepared to pay up Bellamy's contract and let him speak to Liverpool

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom