• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

bellamy

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm really not as excited as many on here, its not like a scored bundles of goals when he was here last time and he has been playing in the championship for the past season.
He may have experience, but he is also a bit of a mentalist.

He's a dangerous player and is a thorn in the side of any defence he's been up against. I think he'll be a great option to come off the bench against tired legs.

[quote author=mark mc link=topic=46566.msg1387137#msg1387137 date=1314293469]
Bellamy will sign immiently....
[/quote]

Brilliant ! Thanks Mark, I was really hopeful this would come off.

We have now plugged EVERY area of the team that showed weakness - Long Live DA !

[quote author=Atlas link=topic=46566.msg1387229#msg1387229 date=1314302574]
I'm really not as excited as many on here, its not like a scored bundles of goals when he was here last time and he has been playing in the championship for the past season.
[/quote]

27 Prem apperances and 7 Goals for Liverpool in his season here,

26 Games and 9 Goals for West Ham

12 Games and 4 Goals for Citeh

he is a sorta 1 goal in every 3 , and that would do, no?

[quote author=Asbo link=topic=46566.msg1387241#msg1387241 date=1314304082]
[/quote]

[/quote]

Surely he playeed more than 12 games for city?

[quote author=barrymac20 link=topic=46566.msg1387245#msg1387245 date=1314304571]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

40 league games and 12 goals

[quote author=barrymac20 link=topic=46566.msg1387245#msg1387245 date=1314304571]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Apps Goals
2005–06 Blackburn Rovers Premier League 32 17
2006–07 Liverpool Premier League 41 9
2007–08 West Ham United Premier League 26 9
2008–09 Manchester City Premier League 51 18
2010–11 Cardiff City Championship 36 11

Career total 435 152

So yeah average 1 in 3 in his career.

I mean it will do, but I'm just not as excited as a few poster on here who seem to be made up with it etc.

I get that most likely he will be a sub and can come on etc, just a bit meh about it really..seems I'm like that with pretty much all of our signings this summer.
I disagreed with poster earlier in the summer who were saying we should be after the same players as the likes of Barca/City/Chelsea etc as I don't believe we are in their league at the moment and so players will rightly imo choose them over us and its happened with Aguero and Mata (for anyone who believed for a more than a second that either would consider us over champions league and loads more cash). I get that we need to reach 4th and build from there as I dont believe we will push for the title this season, I get its a work in progress but its still a bit meh to have Downing, Bellamy, Adam as our summer signings..even though the plug the gaps and will do a good job for the team and contribute etc.

I think posters are excited cos its means the likely return of the Bellamy diaries rather than what he can produce for us on the pitch.

This is a very shrewd move. I think it's going to be brilliant signing. We're really filling out the squad with quality.

I don't think of Bellamy as an out and out goalscorer, never have. He's someone who can create and open up defences though and that itself is more than enough.

Obviously he's capable of getting a few goals as well.

[quote author=Stulikesdrums link=topic=46566.msg1387250#msg1387250 date=1314304963]
This is a very shrewd move. I think it's going to be brilliant signing. We're really filling out the squad with quality.
[/quote]

I think this is the most important thing

[quote author=Atlas link=topic=46566.msg1387248#msg1387248 date=1314304895]
I mean it will do, but I'm just not as excited as a few poster on here who seem to be made up with it etc.

I get that most likely he will be a sub and can come on etc, just a bit meh about it really..seems I'm like that with pretty much all of our signings this summer.
I disagreed with poster earlier in the summer who were saying we should be after the same players as the likes of Barca/City/Chelsea etc as I don't believe we are in their league at the moment and so players will rightly imo choose them over us and its happened with Aguero and Mata (for anyone who believed for a more than a second that either would consider us over champions league and loads more cash). I get that we need to reach 4th and build from there as I dont believe we will push for the title this season, I get its a work in progress but its still a bit meh to have Downing, Bellamy, Adam as our summer signings..even though the plug the gaps and will do a good job for the team and contribute etc.

I think posters are excited cos its means the likely return of the Bellamy diaries rather than what he can produce for us on the pitch.

[/quote]

I dunno. Personally I'm excited because it gives us another striker who's not Wash, and someone with pace and aggression, both of which we've lacked for some time.

Bellamy's not an out-and-out striker anyway - I think he's better in that wide forward in a front three role. And given that our options for RW are so thin, I think he might end up starting quite a lot of games. IF we can keep him fit.

The major concern has to be his age. Any idea how long this contract will be for?

[quote author=TheBunnyman link=topic=46566.msg1387257#msg1387257 date=1314305715]
[quote author=Atlas link=topic=46566.msg1387248#msg1387248 date=1314304895]

[/quote]

*nods*
We did get José and Co-atez is on his way.
Bellamy is a good short term solution.

He's cover for Downing on the left more than any cover for Suarez and Carroll folks.

[quote author=Ryan link=topic=46566.msg1387278#msg1387278 date=1314308188]
He's cover for Downing on the left more than any cover for Suarez and Carroll folks.
[/quote]

Not a bad shout. Personally i think he'll play in a few different positions should he sign.

[quote author=reuque link=topic=46566.msg1387282#msg1387282 date=1314308695]
Didn't he kinda get caught offside too often?
[/quote]

Fucking.Loads.

[quote author=Gary25 link=topic=46566.msg1387287#msg1387287 date=1314311517]
You'll never guess who's trying to hijack the deal lads...
[/quote]

Has to be Harry who else leaves it to the last to sign a player just as there going to sign for someone else.

Will be a good signing covering several positions.

Two things;

I'm sure that the players character is well known to both the management and many players already, I'm not concerned.
Secondly from what I remember he was fairly good at running offside and doesn't score that many goals BUT he is a useful quick experienced player so ... On a free... No brainer

I can actually see City only wanting to shift him to Spurs, hopefully Bellers will just tell them cunts to fuck off.

Typical bloody Arry Redknapp.

I'm 31 years of age now, I've had nine operations and most people are probably in better nick than me.

'The future isn't great for me and I don't like to look too far ahead.

My body is a lot different to most people of my age because of the work I've had done. I take it season upon season because of the condition of my knee. It doesn't allow me to look much further than the next couple of months.

These are quotes he made last March ...ok I think they relate more to his future playing for Wales but still , that'd be my slight concern with signing him back - that he doesn't have the pace still .
But all in all if his main role is as a sub/backup then I can more than live with the 'risk' of the deal - well unless he starts getting frustrated on the bench and goes mental .

How long til we see some grainy video of Carroll and him kicking off at melwood ......probably filmed by some fat geordie on a wheelie bin !!

[quote author=Irish_Red link=topic=46566.msg1387291#msg1387291 date=1314312238]
[quote author=Gary25 link=topic=46566.msg1387287#msg1387287 date=1314311517]
You'll never guess who's trying to hijack the deal lads...
[/quote]

Has to be Harry who else leaves it to the last to sign a player just as there going to sign for someone else.

Will be a good signing covering several positions.
[/quote]

Yep, It's the Wheeler Dealer. Predictable stuff. Looks like Bellamy favours us anyway:

Bellamy on brink of Liverpool return
Published 23:01 25/08/11 By David Anderson

Craig Bellamy has taken a step closer to making a dramatic return to Liverpool after Manchester City agreed to let him leave for nothing.

City are prepared to negotiate a settlement with Bellamy, covering the remaining 10 months of his £95,000-a-week contract, to get him off their wage bill.

This will clear the way for the Wales striker to return to Anfield on a free transfer, four years after he was sold following a fall-out with manager Rafa Benitez.

Reds boss Kenny Dalglish is interested in signing Bellamy, but is not prepared to pay a fee for the much-travelled striker, who was dubbed the ‘Nutter with the Putter’ after allegedly hitting team-mate John Arne Riise with a golf club during a row.

A few days later, Bellamy celebrated scoring in a Champions League win over Barcelona in the Nou Camp by mimicking a golf swing.

City are prepared to waive a transfer fee for Bellamy, because boss Roberto Mancini has made it clear he wants rid of him - declaring last week that he would never play for him again.

The Liverpool manager believes Bellamy could provide ideal cover for Luis Suarez, with David Ngog set to join Bolton.

The Reds face competition from Tottenham for the player, but the 32-year-old, who has also been linked with QPR, is understood to prefer a move to Liverpool.

He has already knocked back offers from two of his other former clubs, Celtic and Cardiff, in favour of the Reds.

Liverpool, who have agreed a £7million deal with Uruguayan side Nacional for Uruguay international defender Sebastian Coates, will now wait for Bellamy to agree his pay-off with City before offering him a lucrative one-year deal, with the option of an extension.

Wales manager Gary Speed claims Liverpool would be a great move for Bellamy, who spent last season on loan at Cardiff.

“It’s only natural Craig is going to be linked with top clubs because he is a top player,” he said.

“Liverpool are a fantastic club and if that’s true and it comes off, that would be great. Hopefully by the end of the transfer window things will be sorted out.”

[quote author=Ryan link=topic=46566.msg1387300#msg1387300 date=1314314419]
When did we lose the 24 other Gary's?
[/quote]

Man, that was a good night

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom