• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Bye bye Kenny (part 2)!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
ask yourself this, would having lucas all season and suarez for 8 extra games have made up the 17 points needed to make us challenge for 4th place? hmmm...I don't know.

Probably not. But Lucas played as a monster and balanced the middle very well. Loosing the engine room is critical. The alternatives there were nowhere near good enough (which of course can be blamed at someone). The game before he got injured he bossed man City totally around almost on his own. A very critical moment for us.

Suarez... it was not the games alone. it was all the energy and bullshit around it which clearly killed another momentum for us.

These two happening alone don't count for exactly 17 points, but they are definately setting premises for the rest of the season. Would we lost form at some time anyway? Yes, everyone does.. united slipping 8 crucial points in the last month is a good example of that. But could we easier have got things back on track with these two? Hmmm I don't know.

Neil. We were FAMOUS for it. We made an artform of parking the bus.
It worked wonders in Europe but not in the league where a point is erm pointless.
I honestly dont know how you can think we pressed. We didnt we had two deep banks of four.
The mind boggles.

Remember the Olympiakos game, we played Traore at left back and Riise in midfield. We took Traore off at half time and reverted Riise to left back and then we opened our game up. Too many times we started too defensively and were forced into playing after going a goal down (sound familar?). Benitez's teams were notorious for their counter attacking ability and for dropping off the play, letting the opposition do the hard work and then hitting them with a sucker punch, it became our trademark in Europe, though we'd started it with Houllier. Juve was hardly the norm.

Remember the Olympiakos game, we played Traore at left back and Riise in midfield. We took Traore off at half time and reverted Riise to left back and then we opened our game up. Too many times we started too defensively and were forced into playing after going a goal down (sound familar?). Benitez's teams were notorious for their counter attacking ability and for dropping off the play, letting the opposition do the hard work and then hitting them with a sucker punch, it became our trademark in Europe, though we'd started it with Houllier. Juve was hardly the norm.
Neil may be about to have one of his meltdowns, where he argues everyone into submission on one finite point and then argues that his position was counter to his original stance after all.
This could run and run all day and then at 8pm he will say
'Well you may see it different from me but all im saying is we played deep and had two banks of four most of the time'

I wish we could counter attack now. Our team isn't particularly slow but is too stupid on the whole to do it well.

Neil may be about to have one of his meltdowns, where he argues everyone into submission on one finite point and then argues that his position was counter to his original stance after all.
'Well you may see it different from me but all im saying is we played deep and had two banks of four most of the time'
What thread had the one about Petit being an apt name for a defensive midfielder?

In 2004 we finished 4th, then Rafa took over and we finished one place worse off, 34 points behind the leaders and won a cup on penalties.

Last year we finish seventh, Kennys first full season leaves us one place worse off, 37 points off the leaders and we won a cup on penalties.

One is a tactical genius the other is a cheerleader apparently.

Hahaha. The European Cup being compared to the worst cup competition in world football.

You should work for The Daily Star.

Heh, so fucking true. And so unbelievably fucking annoying too.

Lecter posted this on another site yesterday, concerning some info he'd been given.

Comolli was [sacked] apparently over Jelavic he supposedly vetoed the deal citing that it didnt meet with FSG's approved strategy

Bruckner was [sacked] apparently over Carroll he had him on a weights programme. Carroll supposedly complained that he felt too heavy and it made him feel sluggish. Bruckner refused to take him off the programme and eventually Kenny intervened

Bruckner apparently emailed FSG directly to complain and blow up Kenny for interferring

Kenny objected to this

It looks like FSG thought the leaner Carroll we have seen in the last few months was more beneficial to the club than the bulkier version

nope, no arguing from. I knew nothing about rafa and only vaguely remember the valencia game where he came to anfield and controlled the game. even though I didn't want gh sacked I was fairely tired of the way we defended en masse, in came rafa and I clearly remember us holding a high and personally questioning sami's ability to do this with regards to sami's lack of pace. we has a disasterous league campaign but I remember being more encouraged than disappointed (BEFORE winning the CL) because of how we defended and pressed as a unit. not arguing with anyone on this I remember what I remember and frankly can't be fucking ased arguing with anyone over it.

The defense for keeping Kenny is to denigrate Rafa? Hardly a way to win over Kenny's doubters, is it?

I want Kenny to stay but Rafa's first season was far more successful than Kenny's full season. And Rafa had less net spend and less total spend. Also, after the Monaco game with Rafa in charge, there was talk of pass and move being back. So it's total nonsense about our dire football under Rafa. Bloody hell... we've played some grim stuff this season too. Yes I'm looking at you Carling Cup Final, where we seem to spend the entire game trying to cross the ball to AC only to hit the first defender again and again (and again). Incidentally that was the last game where we used shit tactics like that and decided that big AC can play afterall...

Kenny's made plenty of mistakes this season and for me the big ones were changing too much too quickly at the start of the season and not rewarding performances with starts. Last season Kenny was getting performances and results with Jay and Lucas in midfield and the attacking quartet of Ming, Maxi, Suarez and Kuyt. Four players who have played CL football and represented their country at the highest level. Kenny replaced three of those with players who hadn't done any of those things at a minor cost to our league standing.

Still, while our results in the league have been truly truly dreadful, our performances on the whole has been decent to good. Yes, yes we have been awful at times but those kind of performances were in the minority. I'm a believer that good performances will eventually deliver results.

I think we should talk about Messi. He's such a good player and is a great example to our team as to how we should set up

Anyone got any tips for me to lose weight that dont involve diet and exercise?

this thread is going around in circles. there are valid reasons for keeping or binning kenny and the arguements have been done to death.

I'm leaving the site.

Fuck the lot of you.
Hahahahaha!
For those of you who dont know, Ross is like this in the pub as well.
Me - 'Anyone seen that Bourne Ultimatum?'
Rosco - 'Boss film, Matt Damon is ace in it'
FFF - 'You know the scene in Prague, ive been there'
Me - 'Id love to go to Prague, Going to porto this year'
Rosco - 'FUCK SAKE LADS WE WERE TAKKING ABOUT JASON FUCKING BOURNE NOT HOLIDAYS'

Thats an accurate representation too because i probably wouldn't have turned up

Yeah thank goodness we've got you around Neil to keep things concise, snappy and original.

The increased incidence of Crohn's in the industrialized world indicates an environmental component. Crohn's is associated with an increased intake of animal protein, milk protein and an increased ratio of omega-6 to omega-3 polyunsaturated fatty acids.[53] Those who consume vegetable proteins appear to have a lower incidence of Crohn's disease. Consumption of fish protein has no association.[53] Smoking increases the risk of the return of active disease (flares).[9] The introduction of hormonal contraception in the United States in the 1960s is associated with a dramatic increase in incidence, and one hypothesis is that these drugs work on the digestive system in ways similar to smoking.[54] Isotretinoin is associated with Crohn's.[55][56][57] Emotional stress is likely to exacerbate Crohn's.[58]

eat steak filled with tobacco, smoke tobacco filled with steak then go on the pill. and then be really worried that you might get crohns all the time

Apperantly Kenny is on his way to the US for a meeting with the owners. Will be interesting to see what happens. Tbh I dont think anyone knows if he's staying or going yet.

Apperantly Kenny is on his way to the US for a meeting with the owners. Will be interesting to see what happens. Tbh I dont think anyone knows if he's staying or going yet.
What? Henry hasnt told Gollum yet so he can tweet about his wonderful insider knowledge.

it just fucking cracks me up the way how certain posters go on and on about the lack of goals, or the huge sums spent on mediocrity of the odd tactics as if the people that back the manager at blind to this. 'what? we aren't scoring?! carroll cost how much?! really?!!'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom