• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Bye bye Kenny (part 2)!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kenny Dalglish flies to Boston for talks over his Liverpool future with FSG
Liverpool manager Kenny Dalglish has travelled to Boston for summit talks on his Anfield future with the club's owners.

By Chris Bascombe
2:52PM BST 14 May 2012

Dalglish headed to the United States after Sunday's final Premier League fixture at Swansea as he seeks clarification if he will be continuing as manager.
Uncertainty has surrounded his role since Liverpool's failure to challenge for a Champions League place. There has been no confirmation he retains the faith of club owners, Fenway Sports Group, since Liverpool lost the FA Cup Final.
There have been suggestions principal owner John Henry has already begun the search for a successor, claims which prompted a furious reaction from Dalglish after defeat at The Liberty Stadium.
However, FSG are known to be unhappy at the failure to go close to the top four and finishing eighth, four points behind Everton in the league, has also undermined the claims progress is being made.
Dalglish won the Carling Cup and retains the support of the majority of Liverpool supporters, but FSG are not likely to be swayed by sentiment as they restructure the Merseyside club.
They have already dismissed Damien Comolli as Director of Football for what they perceive as wasting £110 million of transfer funds. That made Dalglish even more vulnerable.
An end of season review, now taking place in Boston, will determine Dalglish's fate. He will argue the foundations are in place for a much improved performance next season.
It was expected Henry and chairman Tom Werner would return to Merseyside to discuss future plans, but eager to know how the club will move forward, Dalglish has instead gone to America to speed up the process. Dalglish's situation will now become clearer in the next 24 hours.

-----

Seems like Bascombe wants him replaced.

seems a little strange to drag kenny and Clarke to the US so quickly for their review . and it would be certainly very harsh to bring them all that way and then let them go . obviously chances are this was always planned .

*edit ....sorry , didn't see the bascombe piece before posted. Guess we should know one way or the other soon .

it's a good point that they would be unlikely to have kenny fly over to the states to get fired.a very good point.

I don't think the 'well he was better than the last guy' argument stacks up when the last guy was Hodgson.

It's like sticking with a new job because it was better than cleaning the bogs in McDonalds, or sticking with a new girl because this one doesn't claw your eyes out. Yeah it's better but is it good? You can't judge where you are solely against where you were, you judge it against where you should be.

I don't think the 'well he was better than the last guy' argument stacks up when the last guy was Hodgson.

It's like sticking with a new job because it was better than cleaning the bogs in McDonalds, or sticking with a new girl because this one doesn't claw your eyes out. Yeah it's better but is it good? You can't judge where you are solely against where you were, you judge it against where you should be.

I know, mate..maybe its irrational to hope he gets another season, but i hope he does.

I still want him to stay... but it is irrational because I want a version of him to stay. Not the one that thinks all those shit players are good. Not the one that let Ming walk and benched Maxi until it was too late. I want the one that looks at Jordan Henderson and shakes his head wondering what the fuck anyone was thinking when they paid good money for him. So maybe my one doesn't exist. I prefer my version of Dalglish, he's well better than this one.

They did the same with Comoli, he flew over, they heard his views and then fired him.

Not quite. They did all of that, then they flew over to Liverpool, had lunch with him, acted as though everything was hunky dory, then they fired him.

Is that you, Wilko?

Good to see you mate.

punch-all-the-air-thumb.jpg

So, according to the Telehraph Dalglish and Clarke have travelled to Boston. Will be interesting to see what the outcome is...

The Torygraph is acting like FSG's PR firm at the moment: "They will not let sentiment cloud their judgement and will do what they feel is in the best interests of Liverpool". Who the hell ISN'T going to do what they feel is in the best interests of Liverpool? Kenny Dalglish??

FSG - 'so kenny, what the fuck went wrong?!'
kenny - 'erm, didn't you ask me and comolli that exact same question a month ago?'

He'd be meeting them now if we'd had a great season. The transfer window is going to be a weird one with the Euros taking up a lot of the player's time and they'll be discussing contracts, departures, arrivals and all that stuff.

Explaining our league season isnt something thats easy to do. That powerpoint presentation better have a lot of naked women in it....
It would be even better for Kenny if John or Tom are in the pictures with the naked women

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom