• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Bye bye Kenny (part 2)!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Talking about tactics when we have dictated most games we played in and done everything but score shows that you don't understand the word tactics very much. And talking about a few losses should spoil the great image he still holds shows that you dont have a fucking clue about that image!

We've dominated some game and rarely outplayed in others

But

Tactically kenny made mistakes. Dropping form players, persisting with weak links, not flooding the box. All could have probably produced a few more goals.

Yep, he was made the scapegoat even though every signing was Kenny's call.
Comolli had the power to stop every single one of those deals from going ahead. It was his job to ensure money wasn't spent badly. He didn't do that do he got the boot.

He isn't a scapegoat he just didnt do his job. It doesn't matter whether the idea comes from Kenny or a scout the DOF makes the call ultimately. Downing in itself was a sacking offence for me.

Hey Ross!! We didnt lose any places yesterday! Can I has a Soldado now please?

From reports it seems we (Comoli) failed to persuade a number of top targets to come to Liverpool,
Llorente, Mata, Marin (twice) Munian..............
The list is extensive.

noone saying he didn't make mistakes. But the players haven't done it easy for him have they? Some small penalty goals or not hitting the fucking post would have given more goals as well. And and easy pass where we have taken stupid shots could have given even more goals.

He has chosen to give people that didn't deserve it renewed starting places. That have been done on cost of others. I am as many others amazed that he broke up the play that worked true and fine last season, but he has done it because he think it will benefit us in the future.

Use Andy Carrol as an example. it takes a certain style to fit him in, and he himself wasn't ready for it for big parts of the season. In the last few months he has adjusted well and he has looked a giant. He has admitted himself it has been frustrating and it is up to him now to not piss it away on beer this summer. But for Kenny it has been the balance of fitting him into our style of play and to use him blindly.

For others, like Downing, he has even been branded mentally weak by Commolli. And he has shown that he has huge limitation to his game. People cried out about him before he came and he has delivered zero. I believe Maxi should have played far more often on the left, and even Bellers should have been playing more ahead of Downing. But both of them drifts a bit inside, and it is again the choice Kenny made to try to fit him in. Hendo has been playing out right doing nothing while people have been shouting about Kuyt. Kuyt has neither done nothing there, and wide right is a problem for us. Hendo is young, and has delivered some good games central. This season will done him good. He need to take the next step, and he has the capability to do it. But there is no guarantees he will. Still it is right of Kenny to give him a chance.

What people really is crying for is a young modern manager. Well, many of them play a tight defensive style where the Downings and the Hendersons will be even more important due to their energy and capability to run far, and hence they can close down oppositions. There are a few that has a more attacking approach to the game (which Kenny obviously has, even though he is cautous at times). There are no guarantee they will cut it in UK, nor that they will even concider to come here. Furthermore there is no guarantee we will start scoring from penalties or clear cut chances either.

From reports it seems we (Comoli) failed to persuade a number of top targets to come to Liverpool,
Llorente, Mata, Marin (twice) Munian..............
The list is extensive.
God thats even worse than identifying the wrong targets.
He failed to get out top choices so SETTLED on Downing, Adam, Henderson etc and paid THAT MUCH for the second choices

I can't tell you how much I hate this thread.

It makes my eyes bleed when I see it on the first page of the forum, then I click into it and its full of shit.

What report? Be interesting to see what players we tried to get.
It has been reported separately (some of it just ITK twitters) that we were interested in and tried to buy, all of those players.
For one reason or another none of them were landed

I can't tell you how much I hate this thread.

It makes my eyes bleed when I see it on the first page of the forum, then I click into it and its full of shit.
Sounds like my relationship with Modo.

Talking about tactics when we have dictated most games we played in and done everything but score shows that you don't understand the word tactics very much. And talking about a few losses should spoil the great image he still holds shows that you dont have a fucking clue about that image!

Oh I'm sorry. I didn't realise the season had been an unerring success. How naive of me to have thought that finishing eight with lowest goals scored in how many years wasn't considered an achievement for us. I mean after all, apparently we 'dictated' so many games. *goes off to look at the trophy for best premiere league dictatorship.....I guess it's next to the one for 'hitting the woodwork most times in a season'. And as for understanding tactics, My general thoughts are along the lines of keep pressing forward and try to outscore the opposition. I find this generally brings in more points than not.

Oh I'm sorry. I didn't realise the season had been an unerring success. How naive of me to have thought that finishing eight with lowest goals scored in how many years wasn't considered an achievement for us. I mean after all, apparently we 'dictated' so many games. *goes off to look at the trophy for best premiere league dictatorship.....I guess it's next to the one for 'hitting the woodwork most times in a season'. And as for understanding tactics, My general thoughts are along the lines of keep pressing forward and try to outscore the opposition. I find this generally brings in more points than not.

Yeah, beacuase if a season aint an unerring success it is a total fiasco? which means the manager have to be removed and a new one get a season to try to create the success? Wow Thats how history is created!

This season we actually tried to outscore the opposition, which is harder than trying to defend better than the oppostion. And you are right, there is no price for trying, you have to make it happen. Which takes time. You can of course point around you, screaming up like a twat that we didn't succeed, but that as a argument alone is piss poor!

In 2004 we finished 4th, then Rafa took over and we finished one place worse off, 34 points behind the leaders and won a cup on penalties.

Last year we finish seventh, Kennys first full season leaves us one place worse off, 37 points off the leaders and we won a cup on penalties.

One is a tactical genius the other is a cheerleader apparently.

I'm shaking my head here at your posts in answer to mine. I'm obviously not someone who has racked up tens of thousands of posts, so must be viewed as easy pray for you to have a pop at. Whatever. Other than that, your post referring to his use of Andy Carroll and a 'certain style to fit him in' just highlights exactly what I am trying to say. A lot of the time when he played Carroll, he either played him wide(ish), or if playing him up top, took off the players who should have been on the pitch at the same time to supply crosses for him. Is that not the case? If not, I guess I'll just go back to apparently 'screaming up like a twat'.

In 2004 we finished 4th, then Rafa took over and we finished one place worse off, 34 points behind the leaders and won a cup on penalties.

Last year we finish seventh, Kennys first full season leaves us one place worse off, 37 points off the leaders and we won a cup on penalties.

In 2004 we had fans that understood what this club was all about. In 2012 the world is different. A result is whatever means something. A goal is a goal and a trophy is a trophy. Look at Man City and Chelsea. They are the new heroes, and we expect to be the same. if they pay Mata 200k and buy Torres, we can be equal. Which luckily or unfortunately is not the truth.... Depending on who you are!

anyone (with eyes) could see the tactics that rafa was trying to implement at the start of his reign.

I'm shaking my head here at your posts in answer to mine. I'm obviously not someone who has racked up tens of thousands of posts, so must be viewed as easy pray for you to have a pop at. Whatever. Other than that, your post referring to his use of Andy Carroll and a 'certain style to fit him in' just highlights exactly what I am trying to say. A lot of the time when he played Carroll, he either played him wide(ish), or if playing him up top, took off the players who should have been on the pitch at the same time to supply crosses for him. Is that not the case? If not, I guess I'll just go back to apparently 'screaming up like a twat'.

Well, if you read here noone will say this season has been unnerrored, or has been a success at all. I believe Carrol could have been utilized better, but it took him into the last few months of the season to become really fit and good. Who is to blame for that? Probably they can share the blame between them, but they can make it work also which they have shown lately.

The season have been a nightmare for a number of reasons. Lucas injury cost us dearly. Suarez suspension the same. And here people have been screaming like twats (Sorry for pointing that finger at you) for every small fart that have been let out.

Well, if you read here noone will say this season has been unnerrored, or has been a success at all. I believe Carrol could have been utilized better, but it took him into the last few months of the season to become really fit and good. Who is to blame for that? Probably they can share the blame between them, but they can make it work also which they have shown lately.

The season have been a nightmare for a number of reasons. Lucas injury cost us dearly. Suarez suspension the same. And here people have been screaming like twats (Sorry for pointing that finger at you) for every small fart that have been let out.

ask yourself this, would having lucas all season and suarez for 8 extra games have made up the 17 points needed to make us challenge for 4th place? hmmm...I don't know.

Cheeky Ross.

You could say Rafa finished 5th and won the champions league, Dalglish finished 8th and won the Carling Cup.

There's a big difference there.

We only have to look at one game as an example of this? What? In a season where we prioritised the Champions League and lost to all in sundry in the Premiership? We were ultra defensive at times, we even played Finnan right midfield in a few games and had Traore at left back and Riise left midfield. We couldn't be more defensive. We also had Sami at the back, so playing a high line would have been suicidal

bull fucking SHIT, in rafa first season we held a high line and were pressing opponents high up the pitch you only have to look at the juventus match as evidence of this.
Neil. We were FAMOUS for it. We made an artform of parking the bus.
It worked wonders in Europe but not in the league where a point is erm pointless.
I honestly dont know how you can think we pressed. We didnt we had two deep banks of four.
The mind boggles.

I think that report about our targets will be very misleading. You could fill in all sorts of names there, and 97% of them doesNt want to join you.

The ones that were signed though wasnt good enough, and Comolli in the end didnt do his job.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom