• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Bye bye Kenny (part 2)!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apperantly Kenny is on his way to the US for a meeting with the owners. Will be interesting to see what happens. Tbh I dont think anyone knows if he's staying or going yet.
he's staying, if they were getting rid they'd have done it over the phone. (you'd think).

all of this stuff is really draining, it seems like forever there are two halves of liverpool fans. in recent times I only remember the liverpool fans being united and that is when everyone wanted roy and and when everyone was behind kenny when he first arrived. it's like the joy has been sucked out of football and it's just a chore now.

watching 50 mill being spent on downing, lego raptor and adam is a chore. watching them play is a chore.

as a fan I try not to have a sense of entitlement, after all we haven't won the league in 21 years but I thought my expectations of a 4th place challenge were reasonable after 100m spent. do I reign in my expectations again to prepare for mediocrity? 7th, 6th, 8th? we seasons out of the champions, should I have an expectation that we'll challenge for a 4th place finish? I look at our squad and I just don't see how we can cobble together a level of consistancy to achieve that.

It's not entitlement, it's logical, because of how much money the club generates. There's a realistic expectation that a club in the 10 richest in the world will be one of the top 10 best clubs in the world. If they're not then something is up. Ergo, something is up, which when fixed will see the club back in that elite group.

It's not entitlement, it's logical, because of how much money the club generates. There's a realistic expectation that a club in the 10 richest in the world will be one of the top 10 best clubs in the world. If they're not then something is up. Ergo, something is up, which when fixed will see the club back in that elite group.

We were on that list even under Hicks and Gilette. It is like everything else, not black or white. Of course we should have done better in the league. We couldn't have done much better in the FA Cup, and certainly not in the league cup. It is the league that ruined our season. Is it fixable? I think so.

We were on that list even under Hicks and Gilette. It is like everything else, not black or white. Of course we should have done better in the league. We couldn't have done much better in the FA Cup, and certainly not in the league cup. It is the league that ruined our season. Is it fixable? I think so.

I know. It's needed fixing for a long time - it's just that when some money became available for team matters again it was wasted so it's cost us another year. There have been lots of things wrong for years. If and when they're fixed we should be back up there. I wasn't singling this year out.

Lecter posted this on another site yesterday, concerning some info he'd been given.

If the rumours about the reasons for firing Comolli and Bruncker are true, for me strengthens the reason to keep Kenny as he was undermined by some of his team. I thought at the start of the season the worst thing you could do with Carroll was bulk the lad up it made no sense and in the last month he looks lean again for the first time this season.

As for missing out on Jelavic if that is true is a massive cock up, the lad could have scored goals especially during the Suarez saga.

I don`t think Kenny privately will be happy with our league campaign and I hope the owners back him in the summer and give the time needed.

Kenny is King, we WILL win the league in the next 12 months, everything is for the best in the best of all possible worlds.

Oncey - add me to the DA list now, and this time don't be the general who deserts the cannon fodder like you did mid season this year

So did you still think we were going to win the league at Xmas?

I did - eternal optimisim is where its at, come join me sometime, you will find it infinitely more enjoyable than being miserabel 95% of the time

I've been told that Kenny is getting sacked this week.

Never heard anything off this guy before so totally unknown track record. Thought I'd share though.

I did - eternal optimisim is where its at, come join me sometime, you will find it infinitely more enjoyable than being miserabel 95% of the time

I've had similar discussions about this before, although I may have been talking about religion. I think the same applies though - I would much rather live in mindful misery than blissful ignorance. I guess it's a personal choice. From your perspective, there presumably comes a point in a season at which you have to accept that your optimism is not paying off. And with that must come the disappointment of our failure to live up to your expectations. For me, I find it harder to disengage myself with reality, and this tempers my disappointment, because I never expected us to challenge in the first place. It also means that I can genuinely appreciate when we achieve something, as I know we have overcome significant odds to do it.

I would estimate that on balance, we as fans probably spend similar amounts of time being satisfied and disappointed. It's just that we have different coping mechanisms.

I've had similar discussions about this before, although I may have been talking about religion. I think the same applies though - I would much rather live in mindful misery than blissful ignorance. I guess it's a personal choice. From your perspective, there presumably comes a point in a season at which you have to accept that your optimism is not paying off. And with that must come the disappointment of our failure to live up to your expectations. For me, I find it harder to disengage myself with reality, and this tempers my disappointment, because I never expected us to challenge in the first place. It also means that I can genuinely appreciate when we achieve something, as I know we have overcome significant odds to do it.

I would estimate that on balance, we as fans probably spend similar amounts of time being satisfied and disappointed. It's just that we have different coping mechanisms.

Very nicely put.

Ah - but when it all goes pear shaped I bury my head in the sand, stick my fingers in my ears and rebuff the taunts of scum (& other) fans with well chosen obscenities.

I still feel good

I've been told a very dodgy rumour that we've agreed a deal with Villas-Boas. To be honest I don't like it to be true as I want Kenny to stay and succeed. Just thought I'd share it.

I don't know the lad who's supposedly in the know myself so can't say whether there's is any reason at all to believe it. Just saw Kenigets post and thought I'd share this one as well.

If the rumours about the reasons for firing Comolli and Bruncker are true, for me strengthens the reason to keep Kenny as he was undermined by some of his team. I thought at the start of the season the worst thing you could do with Carroll was bulk the lad up it made no sense and in the last month he looks lean again for the first time this season.

As for missing out on Jelavic if that is true is a massive cock up, the lad could have scored goals especially during the Suarez saga.

I don`t think Kenny privately will be happy with our league campaign and I hope the owners back him in the summer and give the time needed.

Is that you, Wilko?

Good to see you mate.

This is my take on how i feel about it; I’ll be the first one to say that I think horrible mistakes were made in our transfer purchases and at times our tactical decisions and formations and substitutions seemed ridiculous.
I even dare say that Rafa would probably have done a much better job than Kenny this year.
However, hindsight is always 20/20.
It should be remembered that Dalglish was brought in to replace Hodgson, not Rafa. And despite the spin of morons who say that statistically Kenny was little better than Hodgson, the truth is very different. Anyone going to Anfield in November 2010 and again in February 2011 would have seen an absolute fucking sea-change in mentality and belief. Even if there were plenty of shitty matches and results.
So yeah, while I think Kenny deserves a shed-load of criticism for some mistakes, I can personally vouch for what he’s done overall for the club. We were broken and he helped us mend. I watched it happen, even though we have stumbled quite a bit.
I don’t know whether he’s the man for the long term, but let’s not forget that he.helped.us.mend.
On the other hand, it would be hypocritical to say that his actions do not merit criticism or even the sack since he’d be the first person to say that no manager or player is bigger than the club, Rafa was sacked for terrible performances and transfers, Kenny is not and must not be immune to the same. I personally hope he gets a little more time at the helm, but I would not be averse to him getting some quality help in the tactics and transfer side.
If it could be foreseen how shitty Hodgson would turn out, Rafa obviously wouldn’t have been sacked. But at the time, it couldn’t have been foreseen how bad it would get, and it was a mistake. This isn’t having a pop, but i think it should also be borne in mind that the reason they went for the bullshit ‘safe hands’ approach of Woy was because of the chaotic mess we had become, and Rafa was not immune from some culpability in that.
I hope another mistake is not made now, and that Kenny is not sacked for someone whom is thought to be a ‘young Turk’
Maybe I’m a sentimental sod; but i remember glumly sitting in a Premier Inn in Watford last February a few hours after watching us get hammered (ha) at Upton Park which was the same weekend as the Carling Cup final between Arsenal and the Brummies and I was depressed wishing we had gone to Wembley. A year later we were.
Its a start..
Make no mistake tho; it’s been a shit season and we must do better.

Reactions: Y1
I personally hope he gets a little more time at the helm, but I would not be averse to him getting some quality help in the tactics and transfer side.

Why not just get a manager who doesn't need help with tactics or transfers?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom