• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Bye bye Kenny (part 2)!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
overpaid non performers? that is a pretty sweeping statement. how many players in our team actually DESERVE their high wages?
if we removed them all we'd be left with about 3 players.

Very few of them going on reports.
We've been extremely generous to players and they haven't been worth it

Aaah the old "it took Fergie 6 years" wank. Was thinking it was about time that one made an appearance again.

Wenger did the double in his first year.

It's still a plausible point. Some managers have been persevered with and it's paid off. Some managers have hit gold straight away, and then struggled to hit those heights again. Every manager is different and there are pros and cons of both methods. For every knee jerk reaction you'll fail more than you'll succeed, for every over-indulgence, you'll get the same result.

It's not 'wank' just because it doesn't tie in with your "I hope they sack the cunt", too cool for school bollocks.

Fergie struggled initially and got better, Wenger started off with a bang, and has got gradually worse.

It would be nice to have a manager starting off with a bang, but I'd prefer the other option.

Its all down to circumstances.

There was fuck all for Fergie to work with when he began. Just like there is fuck all for any manager for us next season to work with.

The year before Ferguson took over, United had been favourites for the league, and ended up finishing fourth. We aren't exactly in a comparable situation.

There was fuck all for Fergie to work with when he began. Just like there is fuck all for any manager for us next season to work with.

So we'll have another one next summer? Excellent.

If I'm Luis Suarez, I hand in my transfer request ...

And fuck all money too to work with

Fergie took the team bakwards for the first few years. As pointed out, the season before he took over, Big Ron won the first 12 games of the season and was tipped to win the league until he blew it & left. Then Slur Alex took over and 3 years leter they flirted with relegation for the first half of the season, the Kop chanted "Ferige must stay" in December when they came to Anfield (and got a 0-0 draw) and a month later he was about to be sacked when they were favourites to lose their 3rd round FA Cup tie with Forest.

They went on to win the FA Cup, which added a small polish to a disastrous season, and the rest is history ....

And fuck all money too to work with

Yeah but thats our own fault by gambling twice on this squad being good enough for CL football. We should have start rebuilding when Roy took over. Instead we just heaped more problems on top of the situation.

To illustrate - Joe Cole, Glen Johnson, Steven Gerrard, Jamie Carragher, Aquilani, Dirk Kuyt, Downing. They earn about the same as half of the Spurs squad. And none of them were particularly significant for us this year

Well i'd be very surprised.

So they're going to move Kenny on and then give the new manager fuck all to spend? How would this fit in with their plans to make us winners again exactly?

Interweb playing up again... is this
"Selected memories serve cool school of "sack the manager" thoughts"
gone viral again? ;)

If Kenny's gone, regrettably Suarez may be next out the door. They may be banking on a big fee from that, plus a new manager getting more out of what is actually a more talented squad than our league form this season suggests.

I wouldn't put too much emphasis on that interview with Suarez from a few months back, it depends who we bring in if Kenny does go. I know Kenny put alot of faith in him and backed him fully over the Evra thing, but I'd like to think if Kenny does go he'd still have an influence over players and may even stay on in some capacity.

I agree re the squad though, we need additions but it's not exactly the complete overhaul many are making out, unless of course a few players decide to jump ship.

I wouldn't put too much emphasis on that interview with Suarez from a few months back, it depends who we bring in if Kenny does go. I know Kenny put alot of faith in him and backed him fully over the Evra thing, but I'd like to think if Kenny does go he'd still have an influence over players and may even stay on in some capacity.

I agree re the squad though, we need additions but it's not exactly the complete overhaul many are making out, unless of course a few players decide to jump ship.

I think the defensive unit is okay but midfield up to attack I think we're all over the fucking place. in midfield/attack, with the exception of maybe 4 players we could bin the lot of them and I wouldn't bat an eyelid.

Why?

The only evidence that may happen is some random Internet rumours.

If Suarez leaves it'll be because we're crap and he can move to a club in a better position.

I hope you're right and wish I could share your confidence, because I really don't want him to leave. Unfortunately I think you're underestimating the danger of his doing so. The reports I've seen said he's massively grateful to Kenny for standing by him over the Evra debacle and would be correspondingly unhappy if Kenny departed. TBH that has the ring of truth to me.

Perhaps, mark, and as I said to keni I certainly hope you're right.

I think the defensive unit is okay but midfield up to attack I think we're all over the fucking place. in midfield/attack, with the exception of maybe 4 players we could bin the lot of them and I wouldn't bat an eyelid.

I still think we've got the basis in central midfield (Gerrard, Lucas, Henderson, Shelvey), we've needed a wide player for years, so no change there.

The priority has to be two good attacking players and then we're probably looking at a defensive midfielder as cover/competition for Lucas and perhaps a full back or two. But the priority has to be providing quality in attack, wide and centrally.

I hope you're right and wish I could share your confidence, because I really don't want him to leave. Unfortunately I think you're underestimating the danger of his doing so. The reports I've seen said he's massively grateful to Kenny for standing by him over the Evra debacle and would be correspondingly unhappy if Kenny departed. TBH that has the ring of truth to me.

There were no direct quotes and there has been so much crap written about Liverpool this season that I don't see any real reason to place too much stock in this.

Ultimately I think the deciding factor for Suarez will be whether the club can prove it's headed in the right direction. It'll also depend on what offers are on the table. As much as Suarez may be grateful to Kenny for his support, I'm sure he values not being in a team that loses every other week that much more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom