• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Bye bye Kenny (part 2)!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dalglish plans ahead while Liverpool owners await explanations

Tony Barrett Published 1 minute ago

The expected review of Liverpool’s season has begun after Kenny Dalglish flew to Boston on Sunday to meet the club’s American owners amid mounting uncertainty over his position as manager.

Before his departure, Dalglish said that he is continuing to plan for the future and is actively pursuing a number of transfer targets. Whether he is afforded the opportunity to put his strategy into practice will depend on the outcome of pre-planned talks with John W. Henry and Tom Werner, Liverpool’s principal owners.

The Scot has come under pressure after a disappointing Barclays Premier League campaign in which Liverpool lost 14 matches and finished the season in eighth place, their lowest position for 18 years.

That form has tested the faith and patience of Werner and Henry, who had hoped that Dalglish could guide Liverpool closer to the top four after investing in his playing squad during the past two transfer windows.

It is now up to Dalglish and Steve Clarke, his assistant, to convince the American duo that they have a strategy that will yield a significant improvement next season. The two are expected to be informed that another season of underachievement in the league will not be tolerated.

Dalglish has told his players that he is not looking to let any of them leave, with the exception of Fábio Aurélio, the defender who is out of contract. Instead, the Liverpool manager is looking to add to his squad with Rasmus Elm, the AZ Alkmaar midfield player, and Younès Belhanda, the Montpellier winger, under consideration. Dalglish is also hoping to bring Xavi Valero back as goalkeeping coach.

“I don’t know what the Champions League clubs are going to do but we are looking to bring people in,” Dalglish said. “That’s the natural course of events. There are very few seasons that any club hasn’t moved someone in.

“It’s not harder to keep players. Not if they want to stay. If they don’t want to stay, it’s more difficult to keep them. If someone doesn’t want to stay, how can you keep them?

“We don’t want anyone to go. We are going to have a lot of games next year: the Europa League, Carling Cup and Premier League all before Christmas. The better we do in the first two competitions, by the turn of the year we could have four competitions.”

I don't think the 'well he was better than the last guy' argument stacks up when the last guy was Hodgson.

It's like sticking with a new job because it was better than cleaning the bogs in McDonalds, or sticking with a new girl because this one doesn't claw your eyes out. Yeah it's better but is it good? You can't judge where you are solely against where you were, you judge it against where you should be.

This this this this THIS.

Fergie took 6 years to get the result he wanted. 5 of them considered failures. How did he became great after 6 years?

Answer on a postcard.

Aaah the old "it took Fergie 6 years" wank. Was thinking it was about time that one made an appearance again.

Wenger did the double in his first year.

Aaah the old "it took Fergie 6 years" wank. Was thinking it was about time that one made an appearance again.

So one was wank and one was wow. Wenger for LFC? Anyone?

.... with a team that had won the League a few years earlier.

Didn't fergie improve/maintain 4/5 of those years too? Weren't they just off relegation when he took over

The Man U fans were calling for Fergies head mate...he finished 11th one season

All's I can say is a LOT of our best fans are going to be very happy over the next weeks when Kenny leaves ... I can't wait to see a more positive forum ... well, until the new gaffa wins nothing, and finishes 7th.

Be careful what you wish isn't much of a threat. We've been utter shitr at everything we do for years.

If we get people inwho realise that we need to remove all the overpaid non performers before we can make progress then we will be fine

All's I can say is a LOT of our best fans are going to be very happy over the next weeks when Kenny leaves ... I can't wait to see a more positive forum ... well, until the new gaffa wins nothing, and finishes 7th.

Yup. New gaffa is the new opiate.... for a while and then they will want another new gaffa and so on and so forth.

Be careful what you wish isn't much of a threat. We've been utter shitr at everything we do for years.

If we get people inwho realise that we need to remove all the overpaid non performers before we can make progress then we will be fine

IF Ross, if.

I've decided to let the wife go. After that barren period we had after the tragedy when she needed a rest, I had affairs and she went North, the reunion has just not worked out. I've given her a full 16 months to restore me to my pomp of 20 years ago and it's not happened. I've no time to wait, and feel that a further leap into the dark is the best medicine, even though I've no longer the pulling power of yesteryear.

I'm beginning to think she doesn't know what she's doing and just got lucky the first time around. In her prime I thought she was the best around but I've been forced to conclude that I know best. It'll be emotional but better to discard her before my memories turn sour. Who cares if I mean everything to her or that she helped stabilise our home at a moment of crisis. I want the heights and I want them now, now, now.

I'm done with patience and support, I can only really get excited at the roulette wheel with the nouveau riche crowd even if I have to borrow, borrow, borrow to keep up. Stick or twist? Pah, twist and twist again, abandon all principle, friends and support. Let envy reign.

After all, all the answers are there for all but her to see; and her previous devotion is irrelevant and she richly deserves the criticism and would voluntarily walk if she really cared.

overpaid non performers? that is a pretty sweeping statement. how many players in our team actually DESERVE their high wages?
if we removed them all we'd be left with about 3 players.

I've decided to let the wife go. After that barren period we had after the tragedy when she needed a rest, I had affairs and she went North, the reunion has just not worked out. I've given her a full 16 months to restore me to my pomp of 20 years ago and it's not happened. I've no time to wait, and feel that a further leap into the dark is the best medicine, even though I've no longer the pulling power of yesteryear.

I'm beginning to think she doesn't know what she's doing and just got lucky the first time around. In her prime I thought she was the best around but I've been forced to conclude that I know best. It'll be emotional but better to discard her before my memories turn sour. Who cares if I mean everything to her or that she helped stabilise our home at a moment of crisis. I want the heights and I want them now, now, now.

I'm done with patience and support, I can only really get excited at the roulette wheel with the nouveau riche crowd even if I have to borrow, borrow, borrow to keep up. Stick or twist? Pah, twist and twist again, abandon all principle, friends and support. Let envy reign.

After all, all the answers are there for all but her to see; and her previous devotion is irrelevant and she richly deserves the criticism and would voluntarily walk if she really cared.

Analogy only works if you pay your wife four million quid a year, if indeed your wife was one of the top 10 paid wives in the world, and that you were only considering letting her go because several of the world's hottest women were about to suck your dick and make you a bacon butty.

7th ! i'll take it !

Would Rafael redux be a new opiate?

Yes. Even though I do not mind him coming back. But one full season is not enough after he had steadied the ship. How about one more season? If the team does not improve after another season, it is good bye. Fair enough?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom