• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Citeh match thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really think people are confused about this sending off here, hes not been sent off for high feet. Hes been sent off because he was late in a dangerous tackle.

If a player clears the ball and another player misses it going for the ball and ends up going knee high on the other players its a straight red. Right? Everyone agreed?

Well this is the same but the players FACE!!
The keeper won the ball, Mane misstimed the challenge and kicked him in the head.

Imagine the keeper boots that clear and Mane lunges late and takes him out at the knee, no one would argue with the red. THATS HIS FACE.

Its not about the height of his feet, its a dangerous and misstimed tackle, he missed the ball and took out the man. Its not even for one nano second debatable.

Its a crying shame because clearly there was no intention, but it doesnt matter, it was an awful misstimed challenge and he had to go.
If he had knicked the ball it may have been a different story.
I think you're wrong ,Onky

Long time lurker.
So i know exactly what you're like.
Some sort of internet hardman/bully who craves attention which he can't get from his work,looks or personality.
Just another minion.

I'm not sure I believe you. You seem like exactly the sort of snide, mewling twat who has been on here in previous guises loads of times

'Long time lurker'

Hahahaha. Nobody is going to fall for that you angry maladjusted fucking weird cunt

I really think people are confused about this sending off here, hes not been sent off for high feet. Hes been sent off because he was late in a dangerous tackle.

If a player clears the ball and another player misses it going for the ball and ends up going knee high on the other players its a straight red. Right? Everyone agreed?

The keeper won the ball, Mane misstimed the challenge and kicked him in the head.

Imagine the keeper boots that clear and Mane lunges late and takes him out at the knee, no one would argue with the red. THATS HIS FACE.

Its not about the height of his feet, its a dangerous and misstimed tackle, he missed the ball and took out the man. Its not even for one nano second debatable.

Its a crying shame because clearly there was no intention, but it doesnt matter, it was an awful misstimed challenge and he had to go.

I don't think so. Guardiola makes his keepers race out of their area and play the ball with their feet. Fine. But when the ball is that high they have no idea what to do, and with a contest like that you need to be quick and incisive in your decision. It's a terrible thing to happen but when a keeper belatedly decides not to use his hands and get red carded himself, and then just nods his head, everyone knows what's likely to happen. Moss panicked, and now he'll probably be looking to red card a City player, safe in the knowledge that it probably won't even bother them that much at this stage.

Only Klavan could be considered a gamble for this match. Moreno is a mistake. Other two are understandable.

Losing Mane for 3 games is bad news but we have AOC now. So maybe not as bad as it would have been in the past.

Chamberlain is not even close to an adequate replacement for Sadio Mane.

Mane is our best and most important player by a mile. Chamberlain is shite

The "dangerous play" rule is shit.

First and foremost the ref needs to decide if a player has the right to go for that 50-50. If he has and he mis-timed it, it will be a caution.

If he doesn't have the right to go for it then it's a red.

You can't say the player has the right to go for that and then penalize him for going for it.

I can't agree with that, even if you have the right to go for a ball if it means you are going do it in a dangerous way it's still potentially a red.

Dangerous play trumps the right to go for the ball

I'm not sure I believe you. You seem like exactly the sort of snide, mewling twat who has been on here in previous guises loads of times

'Long time lurker'

Hahahaha. Nobody is going to fall for that you angry maladjusted fucking weird cunt
You're the one getting angry here son.
Go have a drink with Kelvin again there.
He's wanting a minion to fan his balls.
Hypocritical rat.

That's an incorrect assumption or perception.

I'm pissed off like most fans I just don't sugar coat it which hardly converts me into a Manc.

I haven't agreed with a lot of what Klopp has done with this game so obviously I'm even angrier now that a silly mistake has cost us the game and could have a big knock on effect

That's why I said 'seem'.

'Long time lurker'

Exactly, and if he's here just to be a cunt, he can fuck right off. Can't be arsed with bellends today, whether they're here to rile other posters or the usual snide "told you so" bellends who are also about an inch away from a break.

Fucking wankers.

Naah, I have to agree with the red having seen the replays a few times now with a cooler head.

Mane lunges desperately at the end, whereas the keeper has actually already reached the ball with his head (even if stooped).

No intention because his eyes were on the ball throughout. But from the ref's perspective, Mane has actually leaped in a desperate attempt to nick the ball, and actually cleaned out the player.

TAA was very bad for that second goal. If that was on the other side you'd all be ripping strips off Moreno.

TAA is very young and has great promise

Ignoring all of that and judging his performance without context, and it's possibly one of the worst fullback displays I've ever seen

By the book.

Fifa's laws of the game for the 2017-18 season contains the following entry...

"Serious foul play - a tackle or challenge that endangers the safety of an opponent or uses excessive force or brutality must be sanctioned as serious foul play."

100% correct imo which should worry you ha

I don't think so. Guardiola makes his keepers race out of their area and play the ball with their feet. Fine. But when the ball is that high they have no idea what to do, and with a contest like that you need to be quick and incisive in your decision. It's a terrible thing to happen but when a keeper belatedly decides not to use his hands and get red carded himself, and then just nods his head, everyone knows what's likely to happen. Moss panicked, and now he'll probably be looking to red card a City player, safe in the knowledge that it probably won't even bother them that much at this stage.
The keeper won the ball and Mane caught him late in the head. I dont think anything else matters. As I said if the keeper clears it with his foot and mane arrives late and takes him out at the knee its a red all day. I dont see how this is any different. He had to have got something on the ball not to get a red.

If a player had swung a boot at a player who was doing a diving header and caught him on the head is it a "dangerous play" and a red?

You can argue the player who did the diving header had endangered himself by lifting both legs off the ground.

Ox on for Salah. Surprising. Perhaps Klopp wants to preserve Salah's energy, knowing that he'll have to play a lot in Mane's absence.

Game over due to a shithouse referee decision.
On a side note, Wijnaldum did his usual invisible man away performance and Klavan should be playing for Hull not a team competing for the League. Weekend fucked.

For me it was a clear red. Oh and fucking Salah is off as well and replaced by the Ox. Heaven help us!

Salah off?

Klopp's decided to clarify suspicions that he was a bit fucking mental by starting Klavan The Bin Man, by subbing off the only quick, goalscorer we have, following the loss of Mane

This will be about 5-0

Exactly, and if he's here just to be a cunt, he can fuck right off. Can't be arsed with bellends today, whether they're here to rile other posters or the usual snide "told you so" bellends who are also about an inch away from a break.

Fucking wankers.
Do me a favour, give it a rest or take a break. I'm not even answering to a reply, that's it, end of.
Yes I will stop.
No problem.
Are the rules different for him though.
You know the very one who starts most of the arguments on here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom