• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

City chase Suarez

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can we clear something up.

Buying players is spending, not investment.

Investment in the club is limited by FFP.

Why should we even contemplate it?

We might as well wave the white flag outside Anfield if we sell Suarez because that really will be it for this great football club.

No-one will convince me otherwise, selling your best player is nothing less than catastrophic.

Yeah lets clear something up - you said you would have sold him last season for HALF what he is worth now. So perhaps you should just shut up with the sarcasm and leave this thread quietly

Why did the rest of the players refuse to celebrate his goal on Sunday with him Hans?
Remember how Gerrard didn't celebrate a goal that Torres created with him towards the end?

Yeah. Nobody celebrated. Must be a huge dressing room bust up, 1 against 10.

Yeah lets clear something up - you said you would have sold him last season for HALF what he is worth now. So perhaps you should just shut up with the sarcasm and leave this thread quietly

40 isn't half of 50 tony

We might as well wave the white flag outside Anfield if we sell Suarez because that really will be it for this great football club.

No-one will convince me otherwise, selling your best player is nothing less than catastrophic.

I wouldn't be against selling one of our best players if we had an up and comer who was better. But selling someone like Suarez and gambling in the transfer market is just plain stupid.

We should show Tom "We-have-the-resources-to-compete-with-anyone" Werner's muscles and go for Silva and Aguero to give Suarez some support up front.

Well yeah, so the point is we sell Suarez, buy poorly and as a result have to sell again to buy. Ergo, its pointless. And the longer it keeps going on, the less good players we'll have.

I wouldn't be against selling one of our best players if we had an up and comer who was better. But selling someone like Suarez and gambling in the transfer market is just plain stupid.

And what's the chances of this happening? Even if it did, we'd never be able to afford him.

Why did the rest of the players refuse to celebrate his goal on Sunday with him Hans?
Remember how Gerrard didn't celebrate a goal that Torres created with him towards the end?

My reading of the situation is that it was fairly late in the game, we were in the ascendency and our players wanted to get the game re-started as soon as possible in the hope of grabbing a winner.

Brendan Rodgers has insisted Liverpool must never be put in the position where they have to sell Luis Suarez.
The Anfield club sold their previous talisman Fernando Torres to Chelsea almost three years ago for £50million.
And Rodgers wants to make sure his replacement is not lured away in similar style.

article-2230881-15E4DE22000005DC-537_468x331.jpg

Main man: Luis Suarez has been in fine form for Liverpool so far this season

'It’s the task we face. I don’t know what happened with Torres, but times move on and we now have one of the best strikers in the world with Luis,' he said. 'We have to ensure we keep the best players like him.
'Of course, it is hard to compete with the money the big clubs have to spend on the big players. But we can’t just give up because we are not in the same financial league as other clubs. It is up to us to find a way of dealing with that.
'Luis a world class talent, he’s up there in that one per cent bracket of world class strikers. There is no team in the world who would not want him in it.
'I wouldn’t swap him for any other right now, no. Not when I look at what he gives consistently. This is a guy whose energy is relentless - he is a defender’s nightmare.
'A lot of the time this season he has played the back four on his own. People are looking at Liverpool and thinking if they can control Suarez we might cut our threat. But they are still unable to do it.

article-2230881-15E75EB8000005DC-525_468x298.jpg

No repeat: Fernando Torres left Anfield for Chelsea in a £50m deal

'This is a player we can look to build around and make us a threat in other areas. And at this moment in time, I am safe in the knowledge that Luis had the chance to go in the summer, but chose to stay to give us an opportunity of seeing how it would work.
'There was probably no better time for him to do that, with a new manager coming in. he could have had an excuse to go but having spoken to him at length he committed to staying here.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2230881/Luis-Suarez-leave-Liverpool--Brendan-Rodgers.html#ixzz2CI9gMsN4
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Shit.

Hansern has given Suarez's LFC future a death knell here

I'm sorry that I just stated my opinon on the matter rather than trolling about it.

Manchester Evening Standard have confirmed that they arent interested but are chasing Falaco

Utd sold Ronaldo.

He'll be off in the summer so I reckon.

Can't blame him, he deserves CL footie.

Thanks for the memories Luis and 60m we'll get for you.

The Ronaldo comparisons are plain stupid.
Utd had a squad that contained Rooney,Tevez and an upcoming Wellbeck to weigh in with 40 plus goals.

To be fair who could afford him? There aren't many clubs who could afford him or need him - City, Chelsea, PSG, Anzi, Real Madrid, can't think of any one else who could stump up 50m - Barca and the Italian clubs certainly can't - do City really need him? what would happen with Ageuro, Chelsea want Falcao so the options for an exit are very limited.

The bizarre thing is that City really don't need him, Tevez, Aguero, Dzeko & Balotelli represents the strongest forward roster in Europe. Where they struggle is getting the ball to these great striker in dangerous positions. Their midfield is poor, they need to play Yaya Toure as a defensive midfielder (like he did for Barca), get rid of Barry, Sinclair, Milner, Rodwell, Nasri etc and bring in more players like Silva.

.................................Yaya..............................
Zaha....................................................Bale.
..............................Silva..............................
..................Aguero..........Tevez/Dzeko.............

Sell Balotelli, Barry, Nasri etc for £30m-£40m and buy Zaha for £18m and Bale for £35m and for a relatively modest outlay (by their standards) they'll win the league.

He should join Anzhi, there fans are as racist as him. Go to Dagestan and be appreciated by your own Luis.

He's a world class player and I'm sure this article could be about any top club and Suarez. But why City? Where are the Mancini quotes? The only manager quotes in there are from Rodgers. Its written to stir shit like most articles without valid quotes. Oh but Rodgers says " we must never have to sell our best players again", he must actually mean, we're going to sell Suarez to city. Sure, who the fuck wouldnt want Suarez. Doesnt mean theyre getting him!!

I'm not sure Mancini will be there for much longer.
I don't think they need Suarez. They just need a quality manager to run the squad they have.

so what's he rumour with this one ? that someone close to the club has informed some merseyside based journo of this ? And city aren't interested and think we're trying to start a bidding war by using their name ?

Sounds ridiculous ........so it's bound to be true .

A rumour will come out soon that he wants to leave.

Then we'll cash in, and the fans will blame Suarez, but the truth will come out a few years later.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom