• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Comolli Sacked!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh and as regards Comolli, couldn't his statement about family matters just be the truth? Does it have to be some machiavellian move to spin a departure?

Nobody seems to believe anything now and speculation and intrigue become fact. Everybody's a critic and nobody just supports anymore.

Football used to be such a simple thing.

True. He helped them turn it around.

They spent a fair bit of money but they often bought well.

The worst signing that sticks out for me was Chygrynskiy was too slow to play for them (although I remember watching him the UEFA Cup final for Shaktar and thinking he was amazing on the ball) and just looked a complete liability.

FSG have chowed up comolli and spit him out, now he's;

guacomolli

*apologies to ryan

I guess he has just not done a good enough job according to FSGs standards. One thing is that the results have not been there (and in any business the director is responsible for the results, whoever the blame belongs too). Another thing is that for all we know he has been too lazy in his reporting, to absent in his role or he just didn't work it out with others in the administration. No doubt that we have lacked those under the radar signings he is said to be good at?

I'm lovin all this continuity the DOF structure gives. What was that, almost 18 months of uninterrupted planning and progress?

A director of football is such a fucking blag position.
Who identifies players - Scouts
Who decides they are wanted - Manager
Who trains them - Coaches
Who runs the academy - Acadamy director
Who mows the lawn - Groundsman.

Director of fuckall more like.
A fucking failed scout with a gce in fucking business management and a phd in bullshit is what they are.
Comolli like all fucking liggers and leeches in my sport can get fucked the soulless moneyball mongoloid. I hope Jason Bourne fucks him up.

A director of football is such a fucking blag position.
Who identifies players - Scouts
Who decides they are wanted - Manager
Who trains them - Coaches
Who runs the academy - Acadamy director
Who mows the lawn - Groundsman.

Director of fuckall more like.
A fucking failed scout with a gce in fucking business management and a phd in bullshit is what they are.
Comolli like all fucking liggers and leeches in my sport can get fucked the soulless moneyball mongoloid. I hope Jason Bourne fucks him up.
Directors kinda directs all of the above, it's kinda what Directors do.

Directors kinda directs all of the above, it's kinda what Directors do.
If he did he would have appointed Kenny. He did not. He would have appointed the groundman he did not.
He just stood behind him one time and said 'Can you not make zee grass go in circles thees time!?'
Hes a fucking weirdo peady looking fuck.

I'm lovin all this continuity the DOF structure gives. What was that, almost 18 months of uninterrupted planning and progress?

If there wasn't a DOF, we would have just seen a manager sacked. In that scenario who would pick the team for the semi final?

Getting rid now gives someone the guts, of two months to plan our next purchases.

There is a difference between having high standards and being ruthless, that is ruthless. I thought Carroll was a silly panic buy and would have prefered a contagious disease to the signing of Downing but nonetheless whats done was done. The timing is plainly ridiculous, 2 days before our biggest game of the season they start wielding the axe?? What the fuck must Kenny think right now?? There he is in the press conference saying its a much his fault as Damiens...good working relationship etc....

I would suggest that the owners writing so very large on the wall 2 days before the semi final is just nuts.

Putting pressure on results is fine, demanding better than 7th is completely understandable but RIGHT NOW!!!.... poor show from FSG.

If he did he would have appointed Kenny. He did not. He would have appointed the groundman he did not.
He just stood behind him one time and said 'Can you not make zee grass go in circles thees time!?'
Hes a fucking weirdo peady looking fuck.

I think circles are cool... Why didn't the fuckhead lizzten to ze director?

There is a difference between having high standards and being ruthless, that is ruthless. I thought Carroll was a silly panic buy and would have prefered a contagious disease to the signing of Downing but nonetheless whats done was done. The timing is plainly ridiculous, 2 days before our biggest game of the season they start wielding the axe?? What the fuck must Kenny think right now?? There he is in the press conference saying its a much his fault as Damiens...good working relationship etc....

I would suggest that the owners writing so very large on the wall 2 days before the semi final is just nuts.

Putting pressure on results is fine, demanding better than 7th is completely understandable but RIGHT NOW!!!.... poor show from FSG.

Well I assume they have arrived now!! Wondering what thay flight was like... A few free drinks and some good red wine on the plane, and woops we are one man down!!

That means absolutely nothing to me insignificance... WHAT???

They sacked him when they arrived for the meetings. Thats what happens. Give him a solid compensation and of you go. They don't send him a text before arrival or sack him the day after we qualify for the FA Cup final.

Maybe they decided after a few free drinks on the flight over!?!

I don't see why Adam's name is being brought into this, we paid about £8 million, which is ok, the guy isn't supposed to be a first team player, just a squad player who ended up starting too many games because of injuries.

It's the £20 million for Downing + Henderson that are questionable, we should have got those 2 for a total of about £25 million. Then when they failed to produce, somebody had to pay.

ahh.... right

I hope they are not the types of owners who would make a decision over a few drinks on a flight but then again most sophistication is just bollox. I still think that it is a very poorly timed decision and piles massive pressure onto satdys result for Kenny.

I doesnt strike me as a good omen for Kenny being around next season tbh.

ahh.... right

I hope they are not the types of owners who would make a decision over a few drinks on a flight but then again most sophistication is just bollox. I still think that it is a very poorly timed decision and piles massive pressure onto satdys result for Kenny.

I doesnt strike me as a good omen for Kenny being around next season tbh.

I don't think so either. I guess that Comolli has not delivered what was expected from him. Not a single "cheap" under the radar player to come in, and he has been almost invisible for two guys who are used to having a GM around.

I love Johan Cruyff by the way, but I can't see him coming into this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom