• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Confirmed Transfers (2016/17)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Michal Kadlec - Sparta Prague (free transfer)
CiuYbNrXEAAGBwG.jpg

[article]Czech international Michal Kadlec returns to AC Sparta Prague after successful spells in Leverkusen and Fenerbahce, signing a three-year contract.

A son of former Czech national team player and Euro 96 runner-up, Michal, started his professional career at Synot Uherské Hradiště (now Slovácko), playing in 34 league matches before leaving to Sparta. At Letná, he played in 95 league matches and scored seven goals – two of them in his farewell match in České Budějovice.

In 2008, he left on loan to Leverkusen and then joined the German side on a permanent transfer later. Kadlec played in 128 Bundesliga matches before joining a strong Turkish side Fenerbahce.

Kadlec is also a regular national team player and he’s getting ready for the upcoming European championship. In the national team kit, he has 63 caps and had scored eight goals.

Now, Kadlec returns to play for Sparta once again.

“I can’t believe how long it’s been, I’m really looking forward to playing back home again,” Kadlec said.

Choosing Sparta among a number of offers was an easy decision for the midfielder.

“I knew I wanted to return, it was a long time abroad. Family and friends played an important part in my decision. I also did not want to return as 35-year old just to finish my career. I still want to be valuable to the team and be successful,” Kadlec said.

“We're happy Michal decided to accept our offer among many others. We believe he will be an improvement to our defence, and his experience will help us in the Champions League qualification,” said Adam Kotalík, the club’s general director.

“After eight tremendous years spent abroad, Michal has decided to return back home to be closer to his family and friends. He’s happy to play for a club with high ambition, aiming to be successful in the European cups,” said the player’s agent Viktor Kolář from SPORT INVEST International.[/article]

Kostas Mitroglou - Benfica (€7 million)
Ciqv-WIWYAAMr8f.jpg

[article]Mitroglou signed with Sport Lisboa e Benfica until 2020 after having been on loan from Fulham this season. Speaking this Tuesday to BTV, the Greek international was happy to continue wearing the Eagles’ jersey.

"I’m very happy. This was my goal. I wanted to come here to prove I was able to help the team and I’m very happy to stay", he began by saying.

Kostas Mitroglou came to Lisbon in August 2015 to fill the gap left by the Brazilian striker Lima's departure.

So far – when there’s still a game left in season – the 28 year-old netted 20 goals in 32 matches.

Mitroglou actually scored the decisive goal that helped Benfica beat Sporting at the Alvalade Stadium and overcome their rivals in the league table.

"All the goals that the team scored – not just mine – were very important. The one I scored in the derby was important because the victory allowed us to climb to the top spot. There was a period when we were eight points behind, but we always believed and the coach prepared us very well", he told.

How has the experience been so far?

"I had heard a lot of things before coming but it clearly surpassed my best expectations. Everything is amazing at Benfica, the team, the fans, everything!” he exclaimed. [/article]

Volland has signed for Bayer Leverkusen
Julian Baumgartlinger - Leverkusen (reportedly €4 million)
Ci0VnhKXIAAosGJ.jpg

[article]
Bayer 04 have completed the transfer of Julian Baumgartlinger from FSV Mainz 05. The Mainz captain and Austria international has penned a four-year deal with the Werkself to 30 June 2020.

“Julian Baumgartlinger fully meets our requirements. A character of a player with leadership qualities, ambitious, physically strong with strategic ability. He will improve the quality level of our squad and increase the competition for places,” declared Bayer 04 sporting director Rudi Völler in response to the transfer. “I had a great and successful time at Mainz” added the 28-year-old Baumgartlinger, “but now I want to take the next step. Bayer 04 Leverkusen are an established Champions League club and they’ve regularly been in the competition for years. I want to see how I compare at this level with the best European clubs and players. I’m very happy to get this chance at Leverkusen.”
[/article]

Kevin Volland - Leverkusen (reportedly €18 million)
Ci4heEjUYAAyPMx.jpg

[article]Bayer 04 have signed striker Kevin Volland from TSG 1899 Hoffenheim. The Werkself agreed a five-year deal with the 23-year-old to 30 June 2021.

“We’ve been interested in Kevin Volland for a long time and now it’s all finally worked out,” declared Bayer 04 CEO Michael Schade who highlighted the versatility of the left-footer: “He can play anywhere up front.”

Sporting director Rudi Völler sees the signing of the in-demand Volland as a great success. “His pace, power and goalscoring ability will further increase our attacking options. We’re happy we beat a number of competitors and that Kevin decided to join us.”

The move to Bayer 04 from Hoffenheim after four years is a logical step for the six-time Germany international. “I really felt at home in Kraichgau and I extended my contract last year despite interest from elsewhere,” explained Volland. “But now I want to use the opportunity to join a top club like Bayer 04 Leverkusen and get chance to play in the Champions League. Bayer 04 are the ideal club for me to help my development and enable me to play on the European stage. I’m looking forward very much to achieving a lot at Leverkusen.”[/article]

Michael Madl - Fulham (undisclosed fee)
BPI_JG_Fulham_Charlton_01776b622.jpg

[article]The Club is delighted to confirm the permanent signing of Michael Madl from Sturm Graz.

The defender initially arrived at Fulham on loan in January in a deal that included an option to make the move permanent, something that has now been invoked, keeping Madl at the Club until the summer of 2018.

An impressive debut in the 3-1 win at Queens Park Rangers was the first of 13 appearances the 28-year-old made in the second half of the season, and he opened his account for the Club when he netted in a 3-0 victory over Charlton Athletic.

Speaking to the official website, Madl said: "I’m delighted to have completed the permanent move to Fulham this morning and would like to thank the fans, players and staff at SK Sturm Graz for an amazing time there.

"I’m now continuing a new challenge in England with Fulham following on from my initial loan spell this year. I’ve enjoyed the past five months where the Fulham fans have made me feel so welcome from the very first day.

"I’m looking forward to a new exciting season in the Championship and I’m confident that I can be part of something special with the Club."[/article]

Benjamin Hübner - Hoffenheim (reportedly €800k)
Ci1Oc9pWEAAP0Tt.jpg

Marco Terrazzino - Hoffenheim (free transfer)
CiuaxD1XAAAynNn.jpg

[article]TSG have completed their first signing ahead of the 2016/17 season. Marco Terrazzino will be moving back to Kraichgau from second division side VfL Bochum on a deal that will run until June 2018.

Hoffenheim youth player Baris Atik has signed a one year extension to his professional contract at the club. Meanwhile, Nicolai Rapp (19) extended his loan move to 2. Bundesliga club SpVgg Greuther Fürth for another year, in order to gain more match practice.

Marco Terrazzino, who was born in Mannheim, is returning to the club that he played for between 2007 and 2011. At Hoffenheim, he made the jump from academy player to professional and debuted as the club’s first home-grown player on 31st January 2009 in a 2-0 win over Energie Cottbus in the Bundesliga. “I had several offers but when Hoffenheim showed their interest I didn’t even need to think about it,” said Terrazzino, who “can’t wait to prove himself in the Bundesliga.” Alexander Rosen, director of professional football at TSG, commented on the first new arrival ahead of the 2016/17 season: “Marco has shown in the past few seasons that he has made great progress and he has put in good performances on a consistent basis. He is fast, technically gifted and can play in a number of attacking positions. The fact that he learnt his trade in our academy and is able to return to us on a free transfer made the prospect doubly interesting. In stints at TSG, Karlsruher SC, SC Freiburg and VfL Bochum the player made 27 Bundesliga appearances (two goals) and 96 in the 2. Bundesliga (13 goals).

Midfielder Baris Atik has signed a professional contract that will keep him at the club until 30th June 2019. The 21-year-old, who won the U19 title under current first-team head coach Julian Nagelsmann, has been training with the senior side since February and got his first call-up to the squad when TSG faced Hamburger SV in March. “Baris is proof of our academy’s value and another signal to all other youth players that they can move up through the ranks. Now we can discuss the optimum way to develop him as a player. As there is concrete interest in the player and we have had a number of good experiences we will be looking more closely at possible loan moves,” said Alexander Rosen.[/article]

Walter Mazzarri - Watford (Head Coach)
Ci91ZiPXAAA9HHw.jpg

[article]WATFORD FOOTBALL CLUB is delighted to announce that it has reached agreement with Italian Walter Mazzarri to become its Head Coach with effect from July 1, 2016.

The 54-year old, who enjoyed a 15-year playing career in his home country, has a wealth of experience managing in the top-flight in Italy and has signed a three-year contract at Vicarage Road.

Hornets' CEO Scott Duxbury said of Mazzarri's appointment: "Walter has been the target of a number of approaches for his services, so we're delighted to secure him as Head Coach here at Watford.

"We're thoroughly looking forward to working with such a highly-regarded coach, with the progress and development of the club always remaining the highest priority."

During his time in Serie A, Mazzarri has twice reached the Coppa Italia final with Sampdoria and Napoli - as well as guiding the latter to a second-place finish.

His most recent appointment was made in 2013, when he joined Italian giants Inter Milan as Head Coach. [/article]

Jerome Sinclair - Watford (compensation fee)
3474338E00000578-0-image-m-24_1463823577388.jpg
If nothing else this long train of shit youngsters we signed over the past 10 years is a decent revenue stream. Suso, Sterling, Ince, Sinclair, Teixeira, Ngoo, Rossiter yadda yadda next big ting blah blah

Bout 60m worth if motherfucker right there.

Michel der Zakarian - Reims (Head Coach)
CjJcTPwWsAEb3aA.jpg

Lorenzo Tonelli - Napoli (reportedly €9.5 million plus add ons up to €2 million)
CjJS232WsAEOLwI.jpg

[article]Napoli President Aurelio De Laurentiis has officially confirmed the signing of Empoli defender Lorenzo Tonelli.

The centre-back had his medical with the Partenopei last week, but the deal had not yet been officially confirmed.

However, De Laurentiis has now made the deal official, posting an image on his Twitter profile of Tonelli signing his contract with the caption "welcome Lorenzo Tonelli to the world of Napoli".

The defender becomes the Vesuviani’s first signing of the summer, and is already familiar with Coach Maurizio Sarri, having worked with the tactician at Empoli.[/article]

Edwin van de looi - Willem II (Head Coach)
proxy.jpg

[article]Willem II have presented former Groningen boss Edwin van de looi as their new head coach.

The Tilburg club escaped relegation on Sunday after a win over NAC Breda, which was the final tie under the leadership of Jurgen Streppel, who leaves for Heerenveen. Willem II have now announced that Edwin van de Looi has signed a two-year deal on Monday to take charge. The 44-year-old left Groningen at the end of the season after three years in charge of the club.

Willem II CEO Berry van Gool welcomed the arrival of Van de Looi. “We welcome the arrival of Erwin. The conversations we had were very good.Erwin is a young coach who has achieved great results with FC Groningen. We look forward to working with Erwin in the new Eredivisie season. “

Van de Looi himself said, “After fourteen great years at FC Groningen I was ready for a new challenge. I found it at Willem II. I had a good feeling in the talks with the club. Willem II is a beautiful traditional club and I’m looking forward to getting started.”[/article]

Brendan Rodgers - Celtic (Manager)
CjJhj70WsAAxwCa.jpg

[article]IT’S the dawn of a new era as Brendan Rodgers is officially unveiled as Celtic manager this afternoon (Monday) at Paradise. And the new Celtic boss will meet supporters at 6pm at the stadium following his media conference.

The Irishman becomes the club’s 18th manager in its long and illustrious history, and is one that has excited Celtic fans. And as a lifelong Celtic supporter himself, it’s a dream come true for the 43-year-old.

Speaking after his appointment was announced on Friday afternoon, Brendan Rodgers said: "I will give my new role everything I have and do all I can to bring our supporters exciting, entertaining and winning football.

"The Club has been in magnificent shape in recent years and has collected silverware regularly during this time. My objective now, of course, is to continue this work, to keep us at the top and again make our mark in Europe.

"I know what a magnificent support Celtic enjoys and I can promise our fans one thing - that I will be doing everything I can to give you a team that you can be proud of and a team that delivers.

"I can't wait to be in Paradise with our team and our fans as we all get to work."

Paradise is the place to be today as Brendan Rodgers begins his reign as Celtic manager, and he will meet supporters at 6pm. There will be music on The Celtic Way from 4.30pm on what is sure to be a special day of celebration.[/article]

Joey Barton - Rangers (free transfer)
CjOYgzzXAAAYYJZ.jpg

[article]RANGERS FOOTBALL CLUB is today delighted to confirm the signing of Joey Barton on a two year deal.

The 33 year-old midfielder will join the club on 1 July having won the English Championship with Burnley, and been named in the league’s team of the year.

He has vast experience having played for a number of top clubs, including Premier League spells with Manchester City, Newcastle United and Queens’ Park Rangers. Barton has also had a spell in France’s top league with Marseille and has been capped by the England national side.

Known largely as a holding midfielder, Barton has still been able to contribute at the other end, notching 36 career goals over 409 senior matches.

In his trophy cabinet, he has two Championship winners’ medals from Newcastle and Burnley, a play-off winners’ medal from QPR, his Championship ‘Team of the Year’ gong and Burnley’s Player of the Year award from last season.

One of the most recognisable figures in British football, Barton’s signing is a real coup for Rangers and everyone at the club extends a warm welcome to him.[/article]

Liverpool sign Mainz goalkeeper Loris Karius on long-term contract

loris-karius-mainz-wolfsburg-bundesliga_3471666.jpg

Liverpool have signed Mainz goalkeeper Loris Karius on a long-term deal.
The 22-year-old completed a medical on Merseyside on Tuesday and has become Liverpool's second confirmed arrival of the summer for a £4.7m fee.
Jurgen Klopp was seeking some more competition for No 1 'keeper Simon Mignolet, and former German U21 international Karius arrives after keeping nine clean sheets for his club in the Bundesliga last season.

"It's a very good feeling and it's an honour to play for a club like this," Karius told Liverpool's website.
"They have a special history and the fans are amazing here, so I look forward to playing at Anfield.
"I know a lot about the club from watching them on TV. The history, everybody who plays football knows. There a lot of things in my head when I think of this club.

loris-karius-mainz-goalkeeper-v-b-moenchengladbach_3471670.jpg

"I spoke to the manager and I had a good feeling afterwards because he told me what he wants to do with the club and with the players.
"It was a good talk with him and after that I was convinced this was the right decision."
Karius joins Schalke midfielder Joel Matip as a new arrival at Anfield - he agreed to join Liverpool in February when his contract expires this summer.

jurgen-klopp-liverpool-borussia-dortmund-europa-league-victory-celeb-win-anfield_3448845.jpg

And Jurgen Klopp says Liverpool beat off competition from a number of other clubs to sign Karius, who spent part of youth career with Manchester City before joining Mainz in 2011.
"I am delighted we have signed Loris, he has had a fantastic season with Mainz and has developed into a very good goalkeeper since his return to Germany," he said.
"I am really pleased that we were able to move so quickly to get him and that Loris has shown such a desire to come to Liverpool with a lot of other clubs interested in him.
"I know he will add to the quality we have in this position and I look forward to working with him and all our players when we return for pre-season."

http://www.skysports.com/football/n...goalkeeper-loris-karius-on-long-term-contract

Eder - Lille (£3.4 million)
CjOJsr7W0AAcPPE.jpg

[article]Swansea have completed the sale of striker Eder to French club Lille for a fee believed to be £3.4m.

The 28-year-old, whose full name is Ederzito Antonio Macedo Lopes, spent only a year in south Wales after joining from Sporting Braga last summer.

Having signed a three-year deal, he made just four starts and 11 subsitute appearances, failing to score a goal, before he was loaned to Lille in the January transfer window.

He then scored six goals in Ligue 1, prompting the French club to offer him a four-year deal. [/article]

Freiburg - Caglar Soyuncu (€2.5 million)
CjNN1KsWkAAr3Q7.jpg

[article]Having sealed their return to the Bundesliga, SC Freiburg have moved to bolster their defence with the signing of Turkey international centre-back Caglar Söyüncü from Turkish second-tier side Altinordu FK.

"Caglar is a young, very talented central defender," said Freiburg's sporting director Klemens Hartenbach. "His ball-winning ability and dynamic style particularly impressed us. It goes without saying that a young player needs time to settle in, but we firmly believe that a player of his potential will be of help to our defence relatively quickly."

Söyüncü only turned 20 on Monday, but having made his full Turkey debut in the 2-1 friendly victory over Sweden in March, the Izmir-born talent is confident his time at the Schwarzwald-Stadion will be a success.

"The city, the structure of the club and the positive impression that the coach left me with were the decisive factors in my decision," he said. "I will do everything in my power for the club's success. I cannot wait to play in front of these fans."

Söyüncü is one of four Bundesliga-based players in Turkey's provisional squad for UEFA EURO 2016, alongside Nuri Şahin (Borussia Dortmund), Hakan Calhanoglu (Bayer 04 Leverkusen) and Yunus Malli (1. FSV Mainz 05).[/article]

Delvin N'Dinga - Lokomotiv Moscow (€2.5 million)
CJgU6aKWEAAfMDr.jpg

Last edited:
Lucien Favre - Nice (Head Coach)
CjO2OiCWUAAmK_b.jpg

[article]Lucien Favre has been appointed as Nice's new coach on Tuesday, a few hours after the Riviera club surprisingly parted ways with Claude Puel.

The 58-year-old Swiss signed a three-year deal.

Favre resigned as Borussia Moenchengladbach coach last September after his team lost its opening five Bundesliga games.

Puel's departure was unexpected after he led Nice to a fourth-place finish in the French league. Puel, who also coached Monaco, Lille, and Lyon in the French league, spent four seasons in Nice.

Partly thanks to winger Hatem Ben Arfa, who scored 17 league goals, Nice was one of the most attractive teams this season.

"Nice will be able to rely on Lucien Favre's experience to develop a sporting project mixing an ambitious playing style and the promotion of homegrown youngsters," Nice said in a statement.[/article]

Wow, what a coup for Nice. Favre is an amazing coach.

Eder – yet another disappointing purchase from Portugal. Didn't score a single goal for Swansea.

Xhaka to Arsenal. Good signing?
Granit Xhaka - Arsenal (reportedly £25 million plus add ons)
gun__1464013471_xhaka_signs.jpg

[article]Arsenal have reached an agreement with Granit Xhaka to join the club on a long-term contract for an undisclosed fee.

The 23-year-old Swiss midfielder arrives from Borussia Monchengladbach, who he captained to fourth place in the Bundesliga last season and Champions League qualification in the past two seasons.

Xhaka, who has made 41 international appearances for Switzerland, joined Borussia Monchengladbach in 2012 from his hometown club FC Basel where he spent 10 years, progressing through the youth ranks.

During his time with Basel, Xhaka won two Swiss League titles and the Swiss Cup in a Double-winning season in 2011/12.

Arsène Wenger said: “Granit Xhaka is an exciting young player, already with good Champions League and Bundesliga experience.

"We have been watching him for a long time now and he is a player who will add quality to our squad.
We wish Granit a good Euro 2016 with Switzerland and look forward to welcoming him to Arsenal ahead of next season.”

Xhaka has completed his medical and will join up with his new team-mates after Euro 2016.

The transfer is subject to the completion of regulatory processes, with Xhaka’s contract with Arsenal commencing on July 1, 2016.

Everyone at Arsenal looks forward to welcoming Granit to the club in July.[/article]
gun__1464015881_Unknown.jpeg

Danzell Gravenberch - Reading
CjTBTaCWUAEkHfO.jpg

[article]Reading Football Club are delighted to announce that Dutch defender Danzell Gravenberch has agreed to sign a three-year contract at Madejski Stadium.

The 22-year-old Amsterdam-born defender spent a short spell training with the Royals towards the end of last season and, having successfully completed a medical at the club at the end of last week, is now set to make the move from Eerste Divisie side FC Dordrecht this summer.

Manager Brian McDermott said, “I’m really pleased to have Danzell on board. He was first brought to our attention by Brian Tevreden, our new Technical Director, who spoke highly of him having worked with him previously.

“We brought Danzell in for a few days last month, he trained and played with us - and he is a player capable of playing in various positions, with an awful lot of potential. I’m delighted to have secured his services so early in the summer.”

A former youth international with the Netherlands, Gravenberch was part of his nation’s triumphant UEFA European Under-17 Championship squad in 2012 – lifting the trophy alongside former Royals loanee Nathan Ake after a penalty shootout win over Germany in Slovenia.

A 6’1” product of the famed Ajax Academy, whom he joined at the age of eight, Gravenberch signed his first professional contract at the Amsterdam ArenA ten years later in 2012.

He went on to spend a loan spell at NEC before a move away from Holland for the first time to join Universitatea Cluj in Romania two years ago.

He returned to his homeland to join Dordrecht last summer and the Amsterdam-born defender has now made the move to the UK by agreeing to terms at Reading, a contract which will keep him at Madejski Stadium until the summer of 2019.

The transfer is due to be completed when the window is opened next month and will then be subject to the normal ratification procedures from the relevant football authorities.[/article]

Chris Davies - Celtic (Assistant Manager)
CjUE6zfXIAAKqLn.jpg

[article]CELTIC Football Club announced today that it has appointed Chris Davies as assistant manager. Chris will join Celtic on June 1, 2016, from Reading FC where he is currently first-team coach.

Chris, has worked closely with Celtic’s new manager Brendan Rodgers over a number of years, joining him at both Swansea and Liverpool.

Celtic manager, Brendan Rodgers said: “I am delighted to bring Chris to Celtic, he is a magnificent coach and someone I know will make a hugely positive contribution to the club.

“He is ready and prepared for the challenge at Celtic and I know that Chris, like myself, can’t wait to get going next season.

“He has worked with me previously, he is someone I know and trust and he will be a great addition to my team and to the club.”

Chris Davies added: “Celtic is huge club with such a special place in world football. It is a great honour and a proud moment for me to be named assistant manager.

“I saw the scenes at Celtic Park on Monday and there are not many clubs or fans in the world who could have put on such a show.

“We know what Celtic fans bring to the club and we want to reward our fans every week with entertaining football that gets results.

“I have worked with Brendan over a number of years, as a player and a coach, and it will be fantastic to team up with him again. I know all about his affection for Celtic and his appetite for taking on this great job.

“I am looking forward to meeting all the players and staff and working with them to give the supporters a team to be proud of."[/article]

Andrej Kramaric - Hoffenheim (undisclosed fee)
CjUEoOfXIAQoD9H.jpg

[article]TSG 1899 Hoffenheim are delighted to announce that striker Andrej Kramaric has joined the club on a long-term permanent deal. The Croatia international, who was previously on loan at the club from Premier League winners Leicester City, has signed a contract which expires on 30th June 2020.

Andrej Kramaric originally joined TSG in the winter and played a key role in helping the club maintain its Bundesliga status. He was recently included in Croatia’s provisional squad for this summer’s European Championship. “Andrej is a fantastic player. He’s a natural goalscorer but links up with his teammates well,” explained sporting director Alexander Rosen. He then added that “he has great technique, attitude and ability.” Head coach Julian Nagelsmann announced that the signing is “a key part of our recruitment strategy for the coming season.” Kramaric “got to grips with life here quickly and became an important of the team.”

Kramaric stated that the decision to join Hoffenheim was an easy one. “I was impressed with how the side developed and really enjoyed me time here. They put a lot of faith in me and the system catered to my strengths,” added the Zagreb-born player.

He made 15 appearances for TSG in the second half of the 2015/16 season, scoring five goals and creating a further four. Additionally he played twice for Leicester during their championship-winning campaign. His goalscoring record in Croatia caught their eye – he scored 55 goals in 64 competitive appearances for HNK Rijeka. He fired them to the Europa League in 2014/15, scoring six goals in eight group-stage matches. He has nine senior caps for Croatia (3 goals).[/article]

Davinson Sanchez - Barcelona B (reportedly €3.5 million)
davinson-sanchez-nacional.jpg

[article]The first new face for Barcelona B's 2016-17 campaign will be Davinson Sanchez, a 19-year-old Colombian central defender who arrives from Atletico Nacional. Sanchez, who will turn 20 in June, will cost Barça around 3.5 million euros.

His arrvial will add a physical presence to Gerard Lopez's team. We're talking about a defender who already boasts experience in the Copa Libertadores, a competition Atletico Nactional are currently in. They will face Sao Paulo in the semi-final in July.

Sanchez, who possesses great pace, has also played well in defensive midfield on occasions. Despite his youth, he's already won four league titles, two cups, a Super Cup and a Sudamericana. He recently scored his first goal as a professional, too.

Barça closed the deal a few days ago after a surge of interest from other European clubs. Finally, the club's team of scouts in South America, who had been giving glowing reports on the player, were able to get things over the line. [/article]

Domingos Quina - West Ham (undisclosed fee)
CjUQVtpW0AIPgT6.jpg

[article]West Ham United are delighted to confirm the signing of outstanding young Portuguese forward Domingos Quina.

The exciting former Benfica schoolboy will report to the Hammers in July, having recently been crowned a UEFA European U17 champion, with West Ham beating some of Europe’s leading sides to the 16-year-old’s signature.

Quina, who was born in the West African nation of Guinea-Bissau before moving to Portugal as a child, will arrive on an initial two-year scholarship, subject to international clearance, and has agreed terms to sign a professional contract on his 17th birthday in November.

Academy Director and Head of Player Coaching and Development Terry Westley said the Club had pulled off a major coup in securing Quina’s services.

“Attracting a player of Domingos’s quality and potential to the Club is recognition of the stature with which the West Ham United Academy is held,” Westley began. “Domingos spent a month training with us before heading to the European Championship finals and he has seen what we are all about, the way we work and the pathway and plans we put in place for our young players.

“Domingos is an exciting young player and he has seen that we can help him to develop and make the most of his many talents at West Ham United. He wants to come on our journey the same as the likes of Martin Samuelsen, Reece Oxford and Reece Burke see their futures here.

“Slaven Bilic personally met with Domingos during the time he spent training with us and his interest in the player and the discussion they had undoubtedly helped to persuade him that West Ham was the right place to continue his development.

“This is a big signing for the Academy and for West Ham United.”

Quina has long been considered one of Portuguese football’s brightest prospects – an opinion confirmed by his outstanding displays at the recent European U17 Championship finals in Azerbaijan.

There, the young forward featured in all six matches, scoring in the group-stage victory over Scotland before starting his country’s victory over Spain in the final.

Prior to that, Quina put in a virtuoso performance showcasing his attacking skills in a 7-3 victory over England U17s at the FA International Tournament in October 2015.

“Domingos has just won the European U17 Championship and is some talent,” Academy Manager Westley continued. “Having seen him train with us for four weeks, I cannot wait for him to arrive back and see what he can do.

“For me, he has the same qualities as a Manuel Lanzini, in that he likes to come deep and receive the ball and then run with it, while he also possesses the quality to run in behind – he is both a goal-scorer and a goal-creator.

“As I said, this is a potentially massive signing for West Ham United.”

Quina becomes the second forward to join West Ham ahead of the 2016/17 season, following 18-year-old Toni Martinez, who has arrived from Spanish side Valencia.

Meanwhile, a host of players have agreed new long-term contracts with the Club, with Jahmal Hector-Ingram, Anthony Scully, Vashon Neufville, Moses Makasi, Dan Kemp, Tunji Akinola, Joe Powell and Grady Diangana all pledging their futures to the Hammers in recent days.[/article]

Viktor Fischer - Middlesbrough (reportedly £3.8 million)
CjeR2uwWUAAq6hX.jpg

[article]The club can confirm a deal has been agreed with Dutch giants Ajax to sign Danish international Viktor Fischer.

The 21-year-old winger will join for an undisclosed fee when the international transfer window re-opens on June 9.

Fischer, who has played eight times for his country, has over 100 senior appearances to his name since joining Ajax fought off reported competition from Chelsea and Manchester United for his signature in the summer of 2012.

A highly-rated talent who has impressed in the Eredivisie, Fischer scored 11 goals in 39 appearances for Ajax last season, including one against Celtic in the Europa League.

The player will sign a three-year contract with the club. [/article]

Nigel Pearson - Derby (Manager)
CjeSj94XIAAZalB.jpg

Chris Powell - Derby (Assistant Manager)
CjeS248WUAAI-pP.jpg

[article]Derby County Football Club is delighted to announce Nigel Pearson as the club’s new Manager.

The 52-year-old former Leicester City, Southampton and Hull City boss has agreed a three-year contract with the club. He will be joined on the coaching staff by former Rams’ favourite Chris Powell, who will take up the position of Assistant Manager.

Following an extensive end-of-season review carried out by the Board of Directors, Academy Director Darren Wassall will now return to his previous role.

After a successful playing career with Middlesbrough, Sheffield Wednesday and Shrewsbury Town, East Midlands-born Pearson is best known for guiding Leicester City to the Premier League as Championship winners in 2013/2014 - and keeping the Foxes in the top flight the following season.

In a managerial career spanning over 400 competitive games, which began with Carlisle United, Pearson has also acted as Caretaker Manager at West Bromwich Albion, Newcastle United and England Under 21s.

Following his appointment, Pearson said: "I am honoured to be named as the Manager of Derby County, which is one of the biggest clubs in the country, a club in excellent shape and one with strong ambitions. It is firmly focused on achieving Premier League football.

"I will give absolutely everything I have to this role and do all I can to bring exciting, entertaining and winning football which our supporters can be proud of.”

Derby County’s Chairman Mel Morris commented: "We are delighted to welcome Nigel to the club. He is a proven winner, a highly experienced manager who has track record of success in the Championship and has also coached successfully in the Premier League.

“Following the culmination of the season, we conducted a full review of all playing matters and began our recruitment process. This structured approach has provided us with the opportunity to consider all options and I am grateful to all those managers who were interested in coming to Derby County.

“We believe Nigel is the perfect appointment and will build on the solid progress we have made in recent seasons but more importantly, will enable us to achieve our long-term objective of Premier League football.

“It is also great to have Chris Powell back at the football club as our Assistant Manager. Chris is a top quality coach and gave us excellent service as a player. He will join Kevin Phillips and Pascal Zuberbuhler in the first-team coaching set-up.”

He added: “I would like to place on record our thanks for the dedication and commitment Darren Wassall and his coaching staff have shown since taking over first team duties in February. His initial remit was to improve team performance and ensure the club qualified for the end of season play-offs.”

Derby County’s President & Chief Executive Sam Rush said: “As we expected, there was huge interest in the managerial position and we interviewed a number of high-calibre candidates during a very comprehensive and competitive process. We have chosen the outstanding person in Nigel, who has vast experience, a track record of success and a tangible desire to get this club into the Premier League.

“Nigel is a highly sought-after, talented, manager and I know he will give us absolutely everything to make this club successful. I am excited with what the future holds.

“I know our supporters will welcome him to the club and they will also be thrilled to see Chris Powell returning to us and further strengthening our coaching team.

“I would like to thank Darren Wassall for taking on the role of Head Coach at the request of the club until the end of the season. He is a very talented man who put his full energy and vigour into the task and we are delighted he will continue to play an important part in the development of the club.”[/article]

Yannick Gerhardt - Wolfsburg (reportedly €13 million)
CjdM5HnWkAAgFRd.jpg

[article]Following Daniel Didavi and Josip Brekalo, VfL Wolfsburg have now made their third signing for the new season, with Yannick Gerhardt joining the Wolves from 1. FC Köln. The 22-year-old midfielder has signed a five-year deal, binding him to the Green-Whites until June 30th, 2021. The details of the transfer remain undisclosed.

"Yannick Gerhardt is a young player with masses of potential. With Cologn, he has proven he has the quality to make a mark in the Bundesliga. Yannick can play in several positions in the midfield and also convinced as a left full-back with the German U21 side. We are delighted to have been able to convince a player with his talent of our direction," emphasized VfL’s Director of Sport Klaus Allofs. Head-coach Dieter Hecking: "He has all the qualities needed for a player playing in his standard position in central midfield. Yannick plays solid passes, is pacy and very dynamic. We hope to have new possibilities with him. I truly believe he has what it takes to make his breakthrough with us."

Gerhardt learned his trade in Köln’s youth teams. So far he has made 45 Bundesliga appearances, scoring three goals. "I am delighted at the possibility of taking the next step in my career with VfL Wolfsburg. Discussions with Klaus Allofs and Dieter Hecking convinced me that VfL provide me with the best chances of developing as a footballer. I want to help the team to break back into the top group of teams in the Bundesliga next season and establish themselves there for the long haul," commented Yannick Gerhardt. The left-footed midfielder has made a total of 32 appearances in German youth national teams. In September 2015, Horst Hrubesch called Gerhardt into the German U21 team for the first time and VfL’s latest signing has made six appearances for the side since then.[/article]

John Sheridan - Notts County (First Team Manager)
CjepSRZUkAEY6z8.jpg

[article]Notts County are delighted to announce that John Sheridan has been appointed as the club’s new First Team Manager.

Sheridan, a former Republic of Ireland international, joins the Magpies from Oldham Athletic where he steered the club to 17th place in League One having taken over in January with the team in 22nd position and five points from safety.

The 51-year-old, who has signed a three-year contract, has a proven track record in the Football League, winning the League Two title and Football League Trophy with Chesterfield, whilst guiding both Oldham and Plymouth Argyle to the play offs.

Mark Crossley also joins the club as Assistant Manager, having previously worked alongside Sheridan at Chesterfield. Alan Smith, Mike Edwards and Kevin Pilkington complete the Magpies backroom setup, whilst retaining their playing registrations.

Smith will continue his development as a coach by working towards obtaining his UEFA B Licence during the season.

The club can also confirm that Richard Dryden leaves Meadow Lane with immediate effect and would like to place on record huge thanks for his hard work and service.

Chief Executive Jason Turner said of the appointment of the new managerial team: “I’m absolutely thrilled that we have secured John Sheridan as Notts County manager and very much look forward to working with him again when he takes up his position on Tuesday.

“He’s vastly experienced with a proven track record at this level, so to attract somebody of his calibre is a real statement of intent by the club.

“As a League Two title winner and having taken Plymouth Argyle to the play offs, as well as changing fortunes at sides such as Oldham and Newport, I’m confident that we’ve found a manager who can have us challenging for promotion at the top-end of the League Two table.

“We will now work together to build a squad capable of taking up that challenge for the 2016/17 season.

“In Mark Crossley, we are bringing in an assistant who knows this level of football well and enjoyed success at Chesterfield working alongside John.”

On joining the club Sheridan said: “I’m delighted to be joining Notts County and relishing the opportunity to get the club challenging for promotion to League One.

“The decision to leave Oldham was not an easy one and I will always retain my affection for the club and its fans.

“Notts County is a big club - far bigger than its current league position suggests and having taken Chesterfield to the League Two title, I know what is required to succeed and get the club back to a higher level.”

Speaking of his previous visits to Meadow Lane, he said: “As both an opposition player and manager over the years, the tremendous home support has always made it a tough place come – this passion can make a real difference and give us a huge advantage in our endeavours next season.”

Notts County would like to express thanks to both Oldham Athletic and Chesterfield for dealing with our approaches in a professional and amicable manner.[/article]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom