• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Coutinho gone. 142m

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm far from a FSG fan boy, but I am surprised by some of the stick being thrown their way. Coutinho has refused to play whilst both transfers windows have been open. There's only so much of that a club can take before having to cut loose. We've made him Captain recently, we pay him extremely well, we have one of the best managers in the world who players love to play for. What more can we do? I don't think selling him mid-season is the right decision and I do fear disruption to our form and campaign as a whole. but without any contact to the inner workings or the club that's easy to say from the outside. I think Coutinho is a proper little rat for his actions, which has been reflected in the clubs statement.

Last edited:
Whilst it was inevitable, it is really disappointing he's going, especially mid season. He's now a fabulous player and we invested 4 years of development into getting him to his current level. Once again, we sell our best player. Just imagine we had kept him, Suarez and got likes of VVD and Salah to support them.

1 step forward (VVD), 2 backwards (Coutinho).

Hell, if we had Keita early in Jan, I'd be fine with it. We'd be more solid defensively with a slight regression in attack.

For now though, our midfield is really lacking in creativity, forward passing, dribbling and quality.

If we don't address it within the next week or so, our season and club momentum, is really in danger of imploding.

Hes only scored 10 league goals once in 8 years.
Now I know that's going to be perceived as me saying fuck it he's no good. Clearly he is fucking brilliant and we will miss him in those really tight games, but 142m!!!

We just need to spend that money well. I know that's an IF of monumental proportions.

But it won't be losing Coutinho that stops us winning trophies in the near future.

I'd still love for us to find some other ace South American to replace him with... even if they will eventually want to leave in a few years.

Soooo, we obviously have a couple of players lined up since we knew this was happening since August, right?
Or are we doing it the Liverpool Way again? Or is Henry the lizard king still?

We actually got a good price for him. 106m, 140m.. whatever it is.

The problem with Suarez was the Balotelli/Lambert replacements. And the fact, he was one of the greatest talents to ever play for us. Almost single handily won us the league. The amount of goals and assists he made were incredible.

Coutinho has never been that for us. He's a joy to watch, scores marvellous goals that take your breath away, but has never posted the sort of numbers that make you think he's irreplaceable. Nor has he shown Iniesta/Xavi like game management skills that make you think he's integral to everything we do.

He hasn't yet had his breakout season in the PL (where he posted ridiculous numbers ala Mahrez 3 years ago). Last season looked like it was going to be it, but then he got injured and we fell away in Jan.

In fact, whilst our midfield lacks creativity now. We'd probably win more games buying a Kante type for 60m (and a top class GK). Because we score enough goals with and without Phil. But we concede like crazy still.

Perhaps this is all just, self soothing, garbage.. but with Klopp, I'm hopeful we won't be getting in shite attacking replacements.

Whilst it was inevitable, it is really disappointing he's going, especially mid season. He's now a fabulous player and we invested 4 years of development into getting him to his current level. Once again, we sell our best player. Just imagine we had kept him, Suarez and got likes of VVD and Salah to support them.

1 step forward (VVD), 2 backwards (Coutinho).

Hell, if we had Keita early in Jan, I'd be fine with it. We'd be more solid defensively with a slight regression in attack.

For now though, our midfield is really lacking in creativity, forward passing, dribbling and quality.

If we don't address it within the next week or so, our season and club momentum, is really in danger of imploding.

The thing is, you'll never hold onto these south american lads, once the RM's and Barca's come talking. Salah this summer will be next.

And by the way, we could have held onto him till the summer. There's a World Cup coming up. Of course he's not going to sulk on the bench.

The thing is, you'll never hold onto these south american lads, once the RM's and Barca's come talking. Salah this summer will be next.

And by the way, we could have held onto him till the summer. There's a World Cup coming up. Of course he's not going to sulk on the bench.

Well he would be "injured" the whole of January, which is the month our season almost collapsed last year, and close to the time we play our biggest rival for 4th (Spurs).

Salah won’t go next summer.

We so badly need to get Barcelona in a later round of the champions league and knock them out at Anfield with the little shit watching on awkwardly. Would be beautiful.

As if he'd travel. The little shitbags back problem would flare up

Fuck it. Bought for 8.5 sold for 142 after four years. Why does anyone think a Brazilian would want to spend his life in NW England when he and his family could be in Spain? Imagine his wife comes back from visiting Suarez’s wife and thinks “I want some of that”. If you buy south Americans this is always going to happen.
South American players live very differently to European players too, almost always with an entourage of people including their family.

The pressure he'd be under would be pretty intense.

Not that it's an excuse, but it is something to expect. No doubt we have this same saga coming with Mane, Salah, & perhaps even Firmino.

I'm hearing we won't be getting a replacement this window. Not interested in Mahrez or Lemar this window.

It will feel even better when he realizes in the first training session that Messi is no Mo freaking Salah

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk
Or, he starts to outshine Messi in training, even a little bit, & Messi gets the little cunt frozen out.

Reactions: HC
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom