• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Coutinho gone. 142m

Status
Not open for further replies.
So you think the buyout clause should reflect market value?

It's always as high as they can manage to negotiate in with the players agent. For obvious reasons.

Following Neymar you can understand why they'd probably have liked to have set it at 600m if they'd have been allowed to.

Neymar's buyout clause used to look impossible & far beyond his value a couple of years back.

No but to set it that high when he's already the 3rd most expensive player of all time is ludacrus imo.

If you are settling it that high then he is worth more now than what we are selling him for

We aren't replacing him this month. we're fucking embarrassing.
I've just posted about that in the mahrez thread.

I do agree letting him go without a replacement is poor though. Although I'd add there could be other reasons that we aren't privy too, but none of them will help if we get to a CL or FA Cup semi final & are short a quality attacking midfielder due to injuries or similar.

You know what though, if we just get VVD &, say, Butland, in this window in return for Coutinho, I'd say we'd be on par or slightly better on team balance.

Pulling a top class keeper out of a hat completely by surprise during this window would be a helluva coup imo.

You know what though, if we just get VVD &, say, Butland, in this window in return for Coutinho, I'd say we'd be on par or slightly better on team balance.

Pulling a top class keeper out of a hat completely by surprise during this window would be a helluva coup imo.

Butland isn't top class though far from it. He's just alright.

I hope someone buys Umtiti for his release clause just to destabilise them. Preferably Chelsea before they play them in the cl.

Bit sick of Barcelona, hope Messi fucks off back to his boyhood club soon and they fall of a cliff.

That would be amazing but we won big ears with Dudek so we can do the same with Ming.

I don't think we can without Coutinho though.

We have nobody that does what he does

Lallana is like a new signing?
Well he does take a fair few weeks to bed back into the side...

I like Lallana when he's on form, but he isn't close to what I'd regard as a match winner, & we've just lost our best.

We can't buy another match winner now (imo) in January, so we should improve at the back. VVD is an excellent start. A top keeper would, imo, actually make up for the loss of Coutinho by helping us keep it tighter at the back, as we do have a fair few top quality forwards already to choose from.

If we don't buy another attacking midfielder then we may feel the loss if we lose Chamberlain, Firmino, & A N other who can play that role all at the same time.

We should buy a striker. Once we have Keita, I don't think coutinho is as needed, in his deeper role, when we are playing very defensive teams. If we don't think we can replace him now, we should try to flog Sturridge, and bring in quality, as Solanke is clearly not ready. We could also consider bringing in a central midfielder, since can is off, Henderson is perpetually injured, and everyone is unconvincing.

There's going to be a mega meltdown when we bring in nobody. Only Hansern will still be positive. Maybe a few others. People are going to lose their shit.

We should buy a striker. Once we have Keita, I don't think coutinho is as needed, in his deeper role, when we are playing very defensive teams. If we don't think we can replace him now, we should try to flog Sturridge, and bring in quality, as Solanke is clearly not ready. We could also consider bringing in a central midfielder, since can is off, Henderson is perpetually injured, and everyone is unconvincing.
I agree with all of that. Central midfielder could wait until the summer, but a top striker would be good. Sell off as many of Sturridge, Ings and Origi as we can, and bring in? Aubemeyang would be good. I wouldn't be upset with Vardy, though.

Last edited:
Ha.

Not laughing at you per se. Just the absurdity.

Some of our fans want another AM round replace Coutinho. Some want a top class keeper. Some a striker.

None are actually wrong. The only difference is which one will make the biggest difference to our play & results for the rest of the season.

Tbh until this season I'd have been in the striker camp. But that means moving Firmino, & he's been integral to our success this season, so I've changed my mind. We should strengthen at the back (keeper imo) & we should still have enough to beat anyone on our day. Over two legs may be our undoing though, cos as Rafa proved, that's when defence is king.

There's going to be a mega meltdown when we bring in nobody. Only Hansern will still be positive. Maybe a few others. People are going to lose their shit.
I won't lose my shit. Ok, maybe temporarily when we get beaten in the semis of a cup.

But klopp will always wait for his preferred player. That's actually OK with me compared to paying 90k a week for 4 years to some average cunt, which is usually the alternative.

I agree with all of that. Central midfielder could wait until the summer, but a top striker would be good. Sell off as many of Sturridge, Ings and Origi as we can, and bring in? Aubemeyang would be good. I wouldn't be upset with Vardy, though.
Isn't Vardy about 56 years old? Certainly fucking looks it. I'd be worried about the wages he'd command, never mind the fucking fee.

Isn't Vardy about 56 years old? Certainly fucking looks it. I'd be worried about the wages he'd command, never mind the fucking fee.

He hasn't played much football all told though, considering his age. Only recent came from the lower leagues, few extra games in the cups and Europe. A low mileage option all told. His pace and pressing would suit us. I'm willing to forgive the fact that he's a cunt. Could be our cunt.

I'm hearing we won't be getting a replacement this window. Not interested in Mahrez or Lemar this window.
Yeah, the Echo have started hinting at this already. Lemar is the top target, difficult to do business in January...

Typical.

There's only one acceptable course of action that is now acceptable.

It involves beating Barcelona in the Champions League final.

Having had time to process

Not opposed to the deal

Totally opposed to the self sabotaging timing of the deal - we can't seriously think we can motor on without a replacement creativity wise? I've seen this movie before - it's called the aquilani for Alonso movie.

And again why can Leipzig tell us / wait till the summer and we have to bend over and sell our player in January. In a fecking World Cup year when of course the kid will play.

Anyone else get the impression this has been wrapped up for weeks? The VVD deal straight away. The Nike shirt leak. The lack of negotiation about a fee. The leak to Reddy and Joyce that we were selling to soften the blow.

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

Coutinho left a message for the fans this morning..

As Below

62e9536fe0a2f53774105819eee7282b.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom