• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

everton thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.

spider-Neil

Well-Known
just a few before I have to pop out

1. we move the ball really, really, slooooooowly
everton looked comfortable despite being a man down. contrast that to how spurs had us all over the shop with the man advantage.

2. carroll is improving every game and that would still have been the case even without a goal today. I admit I wanted him subbed but that was because I felt movement would have been better than strength.

3. we did well cut out silly challenges after the sending off because I think the ref would have jumped at the chance to even the score.

4. suarez got the goal and MOTM but I thought this was a bad game for touch and influence and no I don't call rash challenges by everton players as influence.

[quote author=Asbo link=topic=47058.msg1407449#msg1407449 date=1317478683]
Evertons fans can hit the target better than Evertons strikers
[/quote]

:laugh:

[quote author=spider-neil link=topic=47058.msg1407446#msg1407446 date=1317478538]
just a few before I have to pop out

1. we move the ball really, really, slooooooowly
everton looked comfortable despite being a man down. contrast that to how spurs had us all over the shop with the man advantage.

2. carroll is improving every game and that would still have been the case even without a goal today. I admit I wanted him subbed but that was because I felt movement would have been better than strength.

3. we did well cut out silly challenges after the sending off because I think the ref would have jumped at the chance to even the score.

4. suarez got the goal and MOTM but I thought this was a bad game for touch and influence and no I don't call rash challenges by everton players as influence.
[/quote]

Whole heartedly agree.

I think the team as a whole will be a lot better when Gerrard is back to full fitness.
Downing needs to improve and Bellamy has to start.

kuyt did well to duck out of the way, gave suarez a good knock down and provided good protection for kelly but I still don't think he should be on the right as I think the pace off our build up slows as he takes too many touches to get the ball under control (was it kuyt's horrendous touch which saw lucas pick up a yellow) and also and too many touches to lay the ball off.

I guess he is a better option than the hapless henderson but I sooner see maxi start on the right.

Didnt play really well but then its nigh on impossible to do so in the derby...

Thoughts you say? hmmm....

It is game fucking six out of 38, the bitching and whining on here has been truly fucking shameful this last week or so and people should know better.

Thoughts??

We are a better team than before we are 3 points of the top and we havent hit anywhere near top gear yet and have played 4 of our toughest away games already.... and we just did Everton while admirably keeping our heads ( a lesson we perhaps learnt at WHL last weekend??)

Lovin it lovin it lovin it...

An ever pulsating brain loving you lovin me from the centre of the universe.... we are stardust we are golden.....

[move][size=36pt]GET THE FUCK IN[/size][/move]

MOTM imho was enrique, solid in defense and a threat in attack, a peach of a ball to carroll.

7m looks an absolute steal.

i think you raised a decent, if obvious, point in the match thread about the sending off, and how we might have struggled to win the game otherwise. it was the same in the arsenal match.

i thought gerrard looked great, and so clearly a cut above the rest (bar suarez) that it's kind of frustrating, given all the money spent. i don't think we're playing well, but the results are adequate so far so i suppose i just have to hope the team continues to gel. i think the goal should do carroll a huge favour: tbf to him, he really has looked weighed down by expectations recently so hopefully we'll start to see a bit more swashbuckling from him now. just in the last 10 minutes i thought you could see a difference in his attitude.

[quote author=spider-neil link=topic=47058.msg1407458#msg1407458 date=1317479151]

7m looks an absolute steal.

[/quote]

Agreed. Kelly starting to get back into form as well.

Happy, but Suarez was poor IMO. There were two incidents around the half hour mark where he tried to make a run but couldn't cos he was too fucked.

REST HIM.

[quote author=peterhague link=topic=47058.msg1407459#msg1407459 date=1317479174]
i think you raised a decent, if obvious, point in the match thread about the sending off, and how we might have struggled to win the game otherwise. it was the same in the arsenal match.

i thought gerrard looked great, and so clearly a cut above the rest (bar suarez) that it's kind of frustrating, given all the money spent. i don't think we're playing well, but the results are adequate so far so i suppose i just have to hope the team continues to gel. i think the goal should do carroll a huge favour: tbf to him, he really has looked weighed down by expectations recently so hopefully we'll start to see a bit more swashbuckling from him now. just in the last 10 minutes i thought you could see a difference in his attitude.
[/quote]

we've spent a lot of money but I would say that with carroll and henderson being 22 and 21 respectively there is a lot more to come from both. okay, you can argue that the fees involved could have bought world class quality for NOW but what's done is done.

What about Downing Spidey ?

What a fucking colossal waste of money that cunt is, and there's nothing more to come from him.

But what's done is done

[quote author=Rosco link=topic=47058.msg1407469#msg1407469 date=1317479536]

What a fucking colossal waste of money that cunt is, and there's nothing more to come from him.

But what's done is done
[/quote]

nothing more to come from him? he's 26, not 36.

But what's done is done
[/quote]

Downing is looking like i expected, a slightly above average prem winger; a kind of Riera+.

the + standing for £12m, obviously.

[quote author=FoxForceFive link=topic=47058.msg1407461#msg1407461 date=1317479197]
Happy, but Suarez was poor IMO. There were two incidents around the half hour mark where he tried to make a run but couldn't cos he was too fucked.

REST HIM.
[/quote]
That's not happening. Uruguay are playing two games in South america.

downing should be doing what enrique did today, get to the byline cut the ball back. our left back has more assists than our left midfielder. downing should concentrate on dominating the left before thinking of switching to the right.

[quote author=Modo link=topic=47058.msg1407475#msg1407475 date=1317479933]
[quote author=FoxForceFive link=topic=47058.msg1407461#msg1407461 date=1317479197]

REST HIM.
[/quote]
That's not happening. Uruguay are playing two games in South america.
[/quote]

*sigh*

[quote author=spider-neil link=topic=47058.msg1407471#msg1407471 date=1317479606]

But what's done is done
[/quote]

[/quote]

he's actually 27, you vacuous, toffee-nosed, malodorous pervert.

[quote author=peterhague link=topic=47058.msg1407484#msg1407484 date=1317480261]
[quote author=spider-neil link=topic=47058.msg1407471#msg1407471 date=1317479606]

But what's done is done
[/quote]

[/quote]

he's actually 27, you vacuous, toffee-nosed, malodorous pervert.
[/quote]

yikes! what the hell pete?! :'(

sorry, you were the collateral damage of my uncontrollable desire to quote monty python there, spidey.

my 'bad'.

I'll be brief. Hi, i'm brief.

- Lucas was MOTM.
-Suarez was annoying at times but won a pen and scored a goal so we can't complain.
-Happy Andy got a goal and hopefully this will be the catalyst for a run of goals.
-Duck Kuyt did great to allow the ball reach Andy for the first. Gutted he missed his peno and ruined his 100% record us.
-Great to see Gerrard pop the ball about effortlessly in the middle.
-I'm a huge Marty Kelly fan, he looks to be fully recovered from that injury.
-Drenthe on loan was a great deal for Everton, he'll find his feet and add a lot to their side. Well either that or be sent packing after he goes bat shit crazy.

Oh did anyone back the sending off? 11/5.

EDIT : Oh and Carragher was brilliant. He backed off Saha a bit too much for my liking but he was great bar that. Wouldn't expect anything less from him in the Derby.

[quote author=peterhague link=topic=47058.msg1407491#msg1407491 date=1317480670]
sorry, you were the collateral damage of my uncontrollable desire to quote monty python there, spidey.

my 'bad'.
[/quote]

JEEZ! I never want to get on your bad side :eek:

[quote author=ILD link=topic=47058.msg1407495#msg1407495 date=1317480866]

EDIT : Oh and Carragher was brilliant. He backed off Saha a bit too much for my liking but he was great bar that. Wouldn't expect anything less from him in the Derby.
[/quote]

I saw your earlier post and was very tempted, but decided to back 4 or more goals (once again i lost my money)

Carra was rather good today wasn't he

[quote author=Kenny4PM link=topic=47058.msg1407499#msg1407499 date=1317481382]
[quote author=ILD link=topic=47058.msg1407495#msg1407495 date=1317480866]

[/quote]

I saw your earlier post and was very tempted, but decided to back 4 or more goals (once again i lost my money)

Carra was rather good today wasn't he
[/quote]Missed some of the match but I though Skrtel was excellent today as welll

anim_1da7a7f6-89d7-0f94-19ac-ecb6dd6be6ad.gif

1 Man Utd 7 19 19
2 Man City 7 18 19
3 Newcastle 7 5 15
4 Chelsea 6 5 13
5 Liverpool 7 2 13
6 Aston Villa 7 4 11

Chelsea will wallop Bolton tomorrow and take back third but the Geordies are having a good start to the season.

[edit] I nearly spoke too soon! Wolves just had an equaliser ruled out against Newcastle!

Didn't play well, but then again performance goes out the window in the derby, its the win I am arsed about.

We got it. Well done lads.

Made up for Carroll, always scores in big games and I hope he can carry this into the United game.

Gerrard looked good when he came on and Henderson looks far more comfortable central midfield (Alright i know he only had five minutes).

Well what can I say ? I think not only did we play a club in the same city but we played against a club of equal talent and quality. Yeah - I am bitching and whining even though its game 6/38 because thats what supporters of top clubs do in Europe and as I have learnt now after the last two long time managers - you can't just go on having 5 year plans.

Make no mistake - our team is slow at passing, slow in pace all over the pace, and at times devoid of ideas to create chances through the middle. Getting SG back is not going to be enough, and for those of you jumping up and down like crazy thinking Andy Carroll will improve - well I watched that game and even before and after the goal I could not help thinking to myself 'what the f*ck have we bought for 35M ?' - he has a bad first touch, can't pass very well, does not seem to dominate defenders despite his big size and lacks skill. I look at him and all I ever think is what a waste of money - and should this guy be playing in one of the lower leagues ? (by that I don't even mean The Championship - think 'Conference').

We struggled against a 10 man Everton team for most of that game and thank God the ref was probably a Liverpool supporter because the sending off was not a red card (we should all know that after watching the replay). This game was a master-class in seeing what we lack as a team:

a) Pace
b) Creativity
c) Strength in Midfield
d) Defensive problems

I had real hopes after the Bolton game but have come to the conclusion that Bolton are actually a really bad team right now and anyone can f*ck them over and look like Brazil (in their glory days) against them. I tell you my friends - we have got a lot of f*cking work to do and our summer buys are as bad as some on here have been saying - today was the proof.

Kind Regards to you all,

MORON

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom