• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

everton thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote author=Red Mullet link=topic=47058.msg1407570#msg1407570 date=1317494666]
[quote author=spider-neil link=topic=47058.msg1407568#msg1407568 date=1317494482]
[quote author=Red Mullet link=topic=47058.msg1407565#msg1407565 date=1317493823]
[quote author=SaintGeorge67 link=topic=47058.msg1407562#msg1407562 date=1317493685]
My thoughts:

We won.

Liverpool are magic, Everton are tragic.
[/quote]

Three reasons why: -

1) It was an away match and Carroll played.
2) Everton did not employ the long grass tactic
3) Our defenders defended.
[/quote]

1) true
2) sho nuff
3) Enrique set up the opening goal

;)
[/quote]

*knuckles*
[/quote]

*triple face palm up*

Brilliant result, very average performance.

Have to say we were poor before Rodwell got sent off. Everton looked more up for it and i was really worried for us.

I fucking hate the way we back off teams and let them shoot from everywhere. It's fucking ridiculous and keeps happening game after game. Say what you want about Rafa but that simply wouldn't happen if he was here, we'd have teams pressed all over the park and be right in their faces.
I know Kenny's trying to stamp his own mark on the team and everything, but we look so vulnerable at times. Not pinning the blame on one player, it's something we really need to work on as a team.

Delighted for big Carroll, i've slaughtered him as much as anyone but that was a great moment. Top finish and hopefully he can build on this.

Thought Skrtel and Enrique were rock solid in defence. Lucas and Kuyt were excellent in midfield and Suarez always dangerous up front. The likes of Kelly, Adam and Downing need to step their game up.

[quote author=spider-neil link=topic=47058.msg1407575#msg1407575 date=1317495519]
[quote author=Red Mullet link=topic=47058.msg1407570#msg1407570 date=1317494666]
[quote author=spider-neil link=topic=47058.msg1407568#msg1407568 date=1317494482]
[quote author=Red Mullet link=topic=47058.msg1407565#msg1407565 date=1317493823]
[quote author=SaintGeorge67 link=topic=47058.msg1407562#msg1407562 date=1317493685]
My thoughts:

We won.

Liverpool are magic, Everton are tragic.
[/quote]

Three reasons why: -

1) It was an away match and Carroll played.
2) Everton did not employ the long grass tactic
3) Our defenders defended.
[/quote]

1) true
2) sho nuff
3) Enrique set up the opening goal

;)
[/quote]

*knuckles*
[/quote]

*triple face palm up*
[/quote]

Your 3 replies were serious???

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I thought our boys played with their heads screwed on, not letting the intensity of the game overshadowed their hearts. In that respect we controlled the game by slowing it down, defended reasonably well by limiting their chances to shoot and passed the ball sensibly to acres of space where Everton had to chase and thereby tire themselves. What is the point of rushing it, mispass the ball and then lose to a ten men team through a counter? We played very well but still lost at Stokes!

the most pleasing aspect we kept a clean sheet, a rarity these days and we won away from home.

[quote author=Molbystwin link=topic=47058.msg1407553#msg1407553 date=1317492634]
So hold on a minute.....

Why?

Not why are you pessimistic but why bother to watch football at all? it clearly doesnt make you happy. What is football after all? it is just a silly game, it is certainly not science. Man U were lucky not to have their arses handed to them by Norwich today, we didnt play well and won.... against Everton, a good team who played well against City last week.

We lost at Stoke.... well then lets just forget it.

Get fucked with negativity ... really... GET FUCKED.

You see so much but you utterly miss the point. We are certainly not playing well enough to make you happy at the minute, and who knows it might take another five years... considering you cant even raise a smile after a not too bad start to the season maybe you should just wise up and fuck off to do something better for yourself.

You seem to enjoy telling us all straight so... just so as you know.... WE FUCKING WON MORON.... weve played many times and fucking lost in the past and we will do in future, thats why its a game, thats why its a passion!

Put a smile on it man ffs.

The harsh truth of the matter! You clearly do not understand truth. Arsenal, Stoke,Spurs and Everton away.... taken 6 points.... that is true. What is also true is that more or less the most important thing right now is 3 points, and we won them... against our local rivals...

What kind of troll are you chief?
[/quote]

I have no wish to "Get Fu*ked with negativity" - just pointing out what I observed from our team today. I understand truth very well - we have not won the league for 20 years, and in that time we have had at least two managers with 5-year plans, both coming to nothing after spending millions - thats the truth. At some stage I expect a title and I think its about time LFC took the approach of our counterparts in Europe which are all those other teams that have won the league consistently in their history. Their fans expect success and the team to play well every week - thats what I expect now, any failure in those areas and I along with a few others on this site will abosolutely slaughter the team with comments like the ones I made today. So call me what you want - but I want our team to deliver good performances every week. Some have said we would have lost had they had 11men and some say not - but I think they would have scored first and we would have lost our heads and Lucas would have been sent off at some stage and we would have the game. The Ref won it for us today.

I don't think the Ref won it for us today, the ref did ensure that the likes of Hibbert and Cahill stayed on the pitch when they could easily have walked for straight reds the Hibbert challenge was terrible. while Cahill was miles to high

[quote author=Rosco link=topic=47058.msg1407548#msg1407548 date=1317491893]
[quote author=spider-neil link=topic=47058.msg1407547#msg1407547 date=1317491842]
I think we were due a dubious call
[/quote]

Dubious is an understatement

I didn't even think it was a foul
[/quote]

Neither did I. It was a shocking decision that ruined the game.

The standard of reffing has been appalling this season.

[quote author=moron link=topic=47058.msg1407658#msg1407658 date=1317510557]
[quote author=Molbystwin link=topic=47058.msg1407553#msg1407553 date=1317492634]
So hold on a minute.....

Why?

Not why are you pessimistic but why bother to watch football at all? it clearly doesnt make you happy. What is football after all? it is just a silly game, it is certainly not science. Man U were lucky not to have their arses handed to them by Norwich today, we didnt play well and won.... against Everton, a good team who played well against City last week.

We lost at Stoke.... well then lets just forget it.

Get fucked with negativity ... really... GET FUCKED.

You see so much but you utterly miss the point. We are certainly not playing well enough to make you happy at the minute, and who knows it might take another five years... considering you cant even raise a smile after a not too bad start to the season maybe you should just wise up and fuck off to do something better for yourself.

You seem to enjoy telling us all straight so... just so as you know.... WE FUCKING WON MORON.... weve played many times and fucking lost in the past and we will do in future, thats why its a game, thats why its a passion!

Put a smile on it man ffs.

The harsh truth of the matter! You clearly do not understand truth. Arsenal, Stoke,Spurs and Everton away.... taken 6 points.... that is true. What is also true is that more or less the most important thing right now is 3 points, and we won them... against our local rivals...

What kind of troll are you chief?
[/quote]

I have no wish to "Get Fu*ked with negativity" - just pointing out what I observed from our team today. I understand truth very well - we have not won the league for 20 years, and in that time we have had at least two managers with 5-year plans, both coming to nothing after spending millions - thats the truth. At some stage I expect a title and I think its about time LFC took the approach of our counterparts in Europe which are all those other teams that have won the league consistently in their history. Their fans expect success and the team to play well every week - thats what I expect now, any failure in those areas and I along with a few others on this site will abosolutely slaughter the team with comments like the ones I made today. So call me what you want - but I want our team to deliver good performances every week. Some have said we would have lost had they had 11men and some say not - but I think they would have scored first and we would have lost our heads and Lucas would have been sent off at some stage and we would have the game. The Ref won it for us today.
[/quote]

You know that if we win in two weeks we're three points off the top with 93 points left to play for, right..?

[quote author=ILD link=topic=47058.msg1407495#msg1407495 date=1317480866]
Oh did anyone back the sending off? 11/5.
[/quote]

I had ten pounds on the red card but I only got 7/4.

I am kicking myself because if I had known the ref was going to be Martin Atkinson I would have invested £25.

Funny that the Skrtel bashers aren't man enough to praise him after playing well.

Fair enough they were down to 10 men for most of the game hence our defence was under less pressure but Skrtel made some brilliant blocks, headers and interceptions on quite a few occasions in that match.

Deserves to keep his place for the United game even if Agger's fit.

A few quick thoughts off the top of my head:

- We have far too many players that don't come towards the ball. I see someone above talking about how slow we played, passed and moved - that's because they're all too far apart. Adam, Downing, Carroll, etc etc all don't get close enough to teammates, and they all take too many touches when they have it. We're predictable cos we don't have clever enough players. Look at Suarez - always coming short and looking for the ball. When does Suarez ever play a 30 yard pass? Never.

- Kuyt was excellent I thought. Knew he was never going to be good enough to take Baines on one-on-one so he moved him all over the park. Terrific movement.

- Downing is just not top top level. What you see is what you're always going to get; a good wide player who can stretch the game, pick a decent pass and keep the ball. He's not going to take you to the very top though. Ditto Adam, but then we knew that. When all the rest of you were jizzing all over this fucking site 2 months ago about ow amazing he was, I said we'd need to buy someone better in 12 months time. Right again.

- Kelly's not a full-back. He's a really good footballer, and will be a great defender for us, but he's not a fullback.

- What the fuck sort of attempt did Tim Howard make to save that second goal? One of the worst attempts at goalkeeping I've seen in a long time. Falling limply on his wrong side.

- Lucas. Superb. Again. All he has to do is slide about on his arse a bit more and ping some 40 metre passes and he'll be the complete British midfielder we all want.

[quote author=Whaddapie link=topic=47058.msg1407669#msg1407669 date=1317512319]

You know that if we win in two weeks we're three points off the top with 93 points left to play for, right..?
[/quote]

Thats assuming Man City lose to Aston Villa, which is unlikely given their form. However, don't assume that when we win I am upset despite the tone of my original message, I love that we won today and fate played us a kind hand, but we continue to show signs of weakness in our games which I don't think we are addressing to resolve. We may go and beat United and the other top teams but we need to be more convincing against the rest of them.

[quote author=Ryan link=topic=47058.msg1407685#msg1407685 date=1317516019]
A few quick thoughts off the top of my head:

- We have far too many players that don't come towards the ball. I see someone above talking about how slow we played, passed and moved - that's because they're all too far apart. Adam, Downing, Carroll, etc etc all don't get close enough to teammates, and they all take too many touches when they have it. We're predictable cos we don't have clever enough players. Look at Suarez - always coming short and looking for the ball. When does Suarez ever play a 30 yard pass? Never.

- Kuyt was excellent I thought. Knew he was never going to be good enough to take Baines on one-on-one so he moved him all over the park. Terrific movement.

- Downing is just not top top level. What you see is what you're always going to get; a good wide player who can stretch the game, pick a decent pass and keep the ball. He's not going to take you to the very top though. Ditto Adam, but then we knew that.

- Kelly's not a full-back. He's a really good footballer, and will be a great defender for us, but he's not a fullback.

- What the fuck sort of attempt did Tim Howard make to save that second goal? One of the worst attempts at goalkeeping I've seen in a long time. Falling limply on his wrong side.
[/quote]

Good post.

However, can you elaborate on your point about Martin Kelly? You obviously see him as a centre half, yet him to see it myself. Gets muscled off the ball far too easily.

Still think he has a lot of improving to do but then again he's only 21.

As for Downing. I'm not his biggest fan, but he's capable of much more than he showed against Everton. Really disappointing performance by him. Wasn't great last week either.

Kelly's a good centre half playing at right back is how I see it. There's nothing wrong with him as a footballer, but playing at full-back is completely different from centre half. Terry could never play right-back, ditto Ashley Cole could never play as a centre back. The roles require different attributes and the subtleties needed to play at full-back, the touch, cuteness, awareness, movement, etc etc aren't as evident in Kelly's game in my opinion. Love him, no issue with him at all, but he's a centre back.

I like having Kelly and Johnson as our RB options but I'd take the unglamorous Arbeloa and Finnan ahead of them every time.
Kelly defends well but he's he needs to work on his attacking abilities.

I'm not averse to him playing there, I'm just saying he's not be a great fullback is all.

[quote author=Modo link=topic=47058.msg1407697#msg1407697 date=1317517199]
I like having Kelly and Johnson as our RB options but I'd take the unglamorous Arbeloa and Finnan ahead of them every time.
Kelly defends well but he's he needs to work on his attacking abilities.
[/quote]

Absolutely. There was a run of games when we had Finnan, Carra, Hyypia, Arbeloa(played left back) in defence week in week out - rock fucking solid.

Protected by the brilliant Mascherano and Alonso. Fair to say we were a tough nut to crack back then. Good times.

So let's get this straight then moron, you feel that all the top sides do away with medium term planning and in fact it's better to demand instant success from a fans point of view?

OK.

I was right you should support another team, we've been waiting 20 years.
By the way if you truly cannot see that for a fan to come on and basically focus on all the negatives that they perceive while at the same time ignoring any positives and prediciting defeat if a game had gone differently to the way it actually went!!! And do all that in such a tone as to suggest that anyone who sees things differently or with a hint of happiness is in some way delusional!!

Answer me truthfully ... Would you have preferred we had lost??

You are a troll in the real meaning of the word, ugly and mean spirited and choosing only to mention the bad while ignoring the good. I'd rather not hope for the worst every time thanks.

The issue with Kelly at CB for me is that he doesnt seem to have the ability in the air (by which I mean both heading ability itslef, or the ability to compete to win the ball - which is strange given the size of the lad). Im hopeful that Steve Clarke can improve him in both areas.

And everyones up for reasoned debate and analysis, but we just beat the Bitters for fucks sake - enjoy it (in recent times weve certainly played an awful lot better in these fixtures, and lost!).

[quote author=spider-neil link=topic=47058.msg1407560#msg1407560 date=1317493486]
EPL - Everton v. Liverpool - HIGHLIGHTS - 23 Mins - HTTP
-------------------------------------
http://hotfile.com/dl/131209926/7e5044d/EPL_-_Everton_v._Liverpool_-_HIGHLIGHTS_-_01-10-11.avi.html
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.fileserve.com/file/zdHunRS/EPL_-_Everton_v._Liverpool_-_HIGHLIGHTS_-_01-10-11.avi
http://www.filesonic.com/file/2272228821/EPL - Everton v. Liverpool - HIGHLIGHTS - 01-10-11.avi
http://www.wupload.com/file/258228337/EPL - Everton v. Liverpool - HIGHLIGHTS - 01-10-11.avi
[/quote]

Thank you. Thank you. Thank you!

[quote author=Molbystwin link=topic=47058.msg1407704#msg1407704 date=1317518593]
So let's get this straight then moron, you feel that all the top sides do away with medium term planning and in fact it's better to demand instant success from a fans point of view?

OK.

I was right you should support another team, we've been waiting 20 years.
By the way if you truly cannot see that for a fan to come on and basically focus on all the negatives that they perceive while at the same time ignoring any positives and prediciting defeat if a game had gone differently to the way it actually went!!! And do all that in such a tone as to suggest that anyone who sees things differently or with a hint of happiness is in some way delusional!!

Answer me truthfully ... Would you have preferred we had lost??

You are a troll in the real meaning of the word, ugly and mean spirited and choosing only to mention the bad while ignoring the good. I'd rather not hope for the worst every time thanks.
[/quote]

Molby Molby - all I ask is for them to put on the same performance as they did against Bolton in every game. These guys get payed enough to give it their best in every game - what I ask for is not much. However, the truth is - I think our current team is rather weak in many departments and its only shown up when they play against teams with some sort of determination. I have no plans to support any other team, and I have no plans to glorify this team until they have won something - its been a long time since LFC won something and its about time supporters like yourself understood that a 5 time European Champion, and an 18-title league winning team needs to maintain its standards of excellence and keep winning trophies. Perhaps you should consider supporting Arsenal maybe ? - more your vibe - oh no wait... I think they have woken up recently and realized the trophy shelf is kind of ... EMPTY.

It's great we won and all but I don't think we should be particularly chuffed about the way we're playing. And Molby, given your hysterics over Downing in the summer, it's a bit rich criticising negativity now that a ball has actually been kicked.

I really dont think we've kicked into anything like top gear yet but I was suitably chuffed with result yesterday

I think we can be pleased that we aren't exactly pulling up trees but we are winning points, hopefully with gerrard nearing full fitness we'll get better

Yeah I agree lads, I just think we can call a spade a spade and say we're not playing great. It can only get better though, we just have to hope everyone else has their shit spell.

Arbeloa was not rock solid at LB. One or two good games. He was very underestimated at RB though, although at times his concentration levels were questionable.

[quote author=Jack D Rips link=topic=47058.msg1408012#msg1408012 date=1317575544]
Arbeloa was not rock solid at LB. One or two good games. He was very underestimated at RB though, although at times his concentration levels were questionable.
[/quote]

kinda kept messi quiet on his debut though

[quote author=Jack D Rips link=topic=47058.msg1408012#msg1408012 date=1317575544]
[/quote]

arbeloa was so underrated when he was here it's untrue. if arbeloa were still here I think he'd be first choice.

[quote author=Fabio link=topic=47058.msg1408015#msg1408015 date=1317575608]
[/quote]

kinda kept messi quiet on his debut though
[/quote]

Yes I agree. Also seem to remember him being subbed at ht because he was getting the runaround at LB.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom