• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

everton thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well if everyone was like that the atmosphere would be shit, the whole "12th man" would be a moot point, and I probably wouldn't bother watching football.

It's the support that makes the matches interesting.

Even on telly the noise at the Chelsea CL matches made my hair stand on end, and I'm not embarrassed to day when the crowd sung YNWA 3-0 down at half time in Istanbul I had to fight back tears in my eyes

They are generally older blokes in their 60s who've lived through our most prolific period as a club and mistakenly thought it was going to be like that forever. Which, of course, we'd all love but the reality is frustratingly, and moreso for these chaps, completely different

[quote author=Sunny link=topic=47058.msg1408458#msg1408458 date=1317664422]
They are generally older blokes in their 60s who've lived through our most prolific period as a club and mistakenly thought it was going to be like that forever. Which, of course, we'd all love but the reality is frustratingly, and moreso for these chaps, completely different
[/quote]

What a pile of steaming horseshit! How can you claim that we old cunts have a monopoly on negativity when you consider the tone of this forum over the last couple of seasons?

We have been watching us not winning the league for 20 years so we have had plenty of time to get used to it. >:(

Did I say you did I ? Did I say every older dude? No, so stop getting all arsey.I think you're taking the word "generally" a little literally I'm talking about the two fucking moany older fellas who sat behind me for the past three seasons. Moan, moan, moan all the fucking time - nothing is EVER good enough for those two fellas. That's a FACT Portly. As for this forum well yes you're right. There's loads of moany fuckers on here too. I was saying there are SOME who go the match for whom nothing seems up to standard. There are and the ones I've come across just so happen to be as described. That does not mean everyone of that age group is the same. I'm not talking shite as I've seen it.

Sounds as if you are in the Lower Centenary Sunny. I concede that does have a bad reputation for moaning oldies. ;D

Strangely its the Kop. Its really got nothing to do with age - its down to the individual. I shouldnt have used the term generally. Its just I couldnt be arsed fully describing these two moany old fuckers. But now Ive had to. They should really cheer the fuck up. We were winning 3 nil once as started having a moany bleat because of a mis placed pass

[quote author=Sunny link=topic=47058.msg1408463#msg1408463 date=1317666464]
Did I say you did I ? Did I say every older dude? No, so stop getting all arsey.I think you're taking the word "generally" a little literally I'm talking about the two fucking moany older fellas who sat behind me for the past three seasons. Moan, moan, moan all the fucking time - nothing is EVER good enough for those two fellas. That's a FACT Portly. As for this forum well yes you're right. There's loads of moany fuckers on here too. I was saying there are SOME who go the match for whom nothing seems up to standard. There are and the ones I've come across just so happen to be as described. That does not mean everyone of that age group is the same. I'm not talking shite as I've seen it.
[/quote]

You obviously meant Vlad.

There's few people who realise I sat in front of Vlad and Portly for 3 seasons.

*runs*

[quote author=Portly link=topic=47058.msg1408466#msg1408466 date=1317667161]
Sounds as if you are in the Lower Centenary Sunny. I concede that does have a bad reputation for moaning oldies. ;D
[/quote]

Yup. I sit in the lower and everyone around me is a moany moaner

It's irritating

[quote author=Fabio link=topic=47058.msg1408479#msg1408479 date=1317669538]
[/quote]

It's irritating yet strangely familiar
[/quote]

[quote author=the count link=topic=47058.msg1408482#msg1408482 date=1317670091]
[quote author=Fabio link=topic=47058.msg1408479#msg1408479 date=1317669538]
[/quote]

It's irritating yet strangely familiar
[/quote]
[/quote]

*shakes fist *

Called me old fashioned but I tend to enjoy a win, especially a derby one.

I retract the "go and support another team" bit, it was OTT. Sorry bout that. I'm far from a superfan i'm just stuck in my ways i spose.

Yes we can and should play better.

3 points.... agin the blue shite.... Nice.

[quote author=Sunny link=topic=47058.msg1408475#msg1408475 date=1317668620]
There's few people who realise I sat in front of Vlad and Portly for 3 seasons.

*runs*
[/quote]

Why did you need to run?

Surely a fast paced walk will outdo those two?

I do understand why they moaned though. How would you like it if some big f*cker sat in front of you blocking your view of the whole game?

[quote author=Red Mullet link=topic=47058.msg1408509#msg1408509 date=1317673183]
I do understand why they moaned though. How would you like it if some big f*cker sat in front of you blocking your view of the whole game?
[/quote]

Ha. I'm going to grow a massive fro

Ok everyone - some of you have been kind to support some of the things I have said and others like "DirtyHo" (love the name !!! LOL) seem to think I was f*cked off with the CL defeat. In my earlier post when I referred to the two previous managers with their 5-year plans - I think most long standing supporters of this club know that I was referring to the league title and not the cup competitions that we did win under those managers. Of course I am happy we won those cups with those managers but the real aim for a club like ours after ALL these years should be the league year in and year out. The cup competions that we won were all enjoyable under GH, and Rafa but ultimately our past reputation was built on winning the league consistently year after year. As for wanting success immediately - I think its fair to say that although Man City, and Chelsea have spent MILLIONS - so have we before they got rich and also in their current state. I think everyone on this site has stated so far that with the money we spent we could have got better players than we did. Don't ask me who we should have got but the point is we didn't, and I think it may cost us.

DirtyHo - regarding the CL win with Rafa - that is a prime example of our inconsistency under him, that season when we won it we really had no hope and how we won it with a team containing Djimi Traore is something I cannot work out - other than that there was Divine Intervention. And no I never looked away at half time - believe it or not I actually went from the living room to the dinning room tv with hope that it may change our fortunes. I watched the second half thinking perhaps we may get either 2 goals or to see how bad Traore was going to be in the 2nd half and see how bad the score was going to get. But unlike some I had hope.

However, the second time round - when we lost the CL final - now that we should have won but for the managers stubborness.

[quote author=FoxForceFive link=topic=47058.msg1408431#msg1408431 date=1317661229]
When me & Spionkop had our great hours long debate in the Harry (pre refurb) it must have been like listening to a thread, esp' as other people kept jumping in & out in support of one or the other.

Had, for example, Brendan been there & labelled one of us a cunt for having said opinion, I'm sure he'd have had a dig from more than one angle.
[/quote]

You should have been there when SK was talking with Andy about Rafa; I should have worn a raincoat ;D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom