• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

everton thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote author=spider-neil link=topic=47058.msg1408016#msg1408016 date=1317575658]
[quote author=Jack D Rips link=topic=47058.msg1408012#msg1408012 date=1317575544]
Arbeloa was not rock solid at LB. One or two good games. He was very underestimated at RB though, although at times his concentration levels were questionable.
[/quote]

arbeloa was so underrated when he was here it's untrue. if arbeloa were still here I think he'd be first choice.
[/quote]

Yet he gave away needless free kicks around the box over and over again. Something which you were slating Skrtel for the other day.

[quote author=SaintGeorge67 link=topic=47058.msg1408023#msg1408023 date=1317575960]
[quote author=spider-neil link=topic=47058.msg1408016#msg1408016 date=1317575658]
[quote author=Jack D Rips link=topic=47058.msg1408012#msg1408012 date=1317575544]
Arbeloa was not rock solid at LB. One or two good games. He was very underestimated at RB though, although at times his concentration levels were questionable.
[/quote]

arbeloa was so underrated when he was here it's untrue. if arbeloa were still here I think he'd be first choice.
[/quote]

Yet he gave away needless free kicks around the box over and over again. Something which you were slating Skrtel for the other day.
[/quote]

I'll have to take your word for that because I don't remember too many of them.

[quote author=moron link=topic=47058.msg1407930#msg1407930 date=1317567427]
[quote author=Molbystwin link=topic=47058.msg1407704#msg1407704 date=1317518593]
So let's get this straight then moron, you feel that all the top sides do away with medium term planning and in fact it's better to demand instant success from a fans point of view?

OK.

I was right you should support another team, we've been waiting 20 years.
By the way if you truly cannot see that for a fan to come on and basically focus on all the negatives that they perceive while at the same time ignoring any positives and prediciting defeat if a game had gone differently to the way it actually went!!! And do all that in such a tone as to suggest that anyone who sees things differently or with a hint of happiness is in some way delusional!!

Answer me truthfully ... Would you have preferred we had lost??

You are a troll in the real meaning of the word, ugly and mean spirited and choosing only to mention the bad while ignoring the good. I'd rather not hope for the worst every time thanks.
[/quote]

Molby Molby - all I ask is for them to put on the same performance as they did against Bolton in every game. These guys get payed enough to give it their best in every game - what I ask for is not much. However, the truth is - I think our current team is rather weak in many departments and its only shown up when they play against teams with some sort of determination. I have no plans to support any other team, and I have no plans to glorify this team until they have won something - its been a long time since LFC won something and its about time supporters like yourself understood that a 5 time European Champion, and an 18-title league winning team needs to maintain its standards of excellence and keep winning trophies. Perhaps you should consider supporting Arsenal maybe ? - more your vibe - oh no wait... I think they have woken up recently and realized the trophy shelf is kind of ... EMPTY.
[/quote]

I do not disagree with anything you said Moron, truly, i just wish you would wise up and realise that it aint the way to go... sitting around witing to be amused picking faults in victory..

its not support.

You are a spectator.

[quote author=Molbystwin link=topic=47058.msg1408145#msg1408145 date=1317589541]

I do not disagree with anything you said Moron, truly, i just wish you would wise up and realise that it aint the way to go... sitting around witing to be amused picking faults in victory..

its not support.

You are a spectator.
[/quote]

Molby - it goes without saying that every supporter of this club is a spectator, and will carry different view. I have made it my habit this season to ensure that we don't go over the top after each victory because I think victory has to be achieved with some degree of certainty in a consistent way. By certainty I mean one of:

1) Dominating the game
2) Creating clear cut chances against opposition who are either superior to us or those that we consider at our level.

Basically not looking hopeless and aimless in games. In the eight minutes prior to their sending off, we started looking like we could not contain their aggression, and unable to create chances. This team we have is a very uncertain team in its approach.

[quote author=moron link=topic=47058.msg1408168#msg1408168 date=1317593338]
[quote author=Molbystwin link=topic=47058.msg1408145#msg1408145 date=1317589541]

its not support.

You are a spectator.
[/quote]

Molby - it goes without saying that every supporter of this club is a spectator, and will carry different view. I have made it my habit this season to ensure that we don't go over the top after each victory because I think victory has to be achieved with some degree of certainty in a consistent way. By certainty I mean one of:

1) Dominating the game
2) Creating clear cut chances against opposition who are either superior to us or those that we consider at our level.

Basically not looking hopeless and aimless in games. In the eight minutes prior to their sending off, we started looking like we could not contain their aggression, and unable to create chances. This team we have is a very uncertain team in its approach.
[/quote]

It looks like you're wanting instant success with those criteria which can only really happen if you put the level of money like Man City and Chelsea or have been doing for the past 2 decades like Man Utd.

Liverpool, Spurs and Arsenal don't have that level of money and therefore will need a mid-term plan to get there. Like Molbystwin says, enjoy the moment and be happy that we're not playing to our potential best and STILL winning. The rest will come, have faith.

[quote author=moron link=topic=47058.msg1408168#msg1408168 date=1317593338]

its not support.

You are a spectator.
[/quote]

1) Dominating the game

[/quote]

I tend to agree that we shouldn't get carried away, though a derby victory is always sweet, but 8 minutes Moron? Come on. The opening of a derby for the away side has ALWAYS been about weathering the storm and keeping the opposition fans quiet, to then eventually get a foothold and take whatever breaks come our way.

The aftermath has been rather typical of the bitters, they wouldn't have lost if Rodwell hadn't walked. Well we don't really know do we? And if we're basing it on the fact that they bossed possession in the opening period, then people need to go and watch past Goodison derbies for much of the same. Infact, they bossed the opening at Anfield a few seasons ago. Stevie walked early doors and we went on to win. So the opening period isn't exactly an indication of how the match will go in any game.

derbies are all about the result. granted we are not playing well. i think once stevie beginss to play from the start things will change. in the last 2 games he has come on we have looked a much beta side.

on a sidenote: if suarez scores with the header its would have been a diff game. we should have won 6 out of our 7 games( spurs game we deserved nuthing) considering we created alot of chaneces against sunderland, stoke and should have beaten woulves by more. we r not taking our chances in games thats wats making it harder as we seem to be getting nervous during stages of games.

I've got a massively busy schedule today with all the bluenoses I need to wind up

Normally I like to rise above it Ross but seeing as they will be massively pissed off about the sending off it's a perfect opportunity to watch them froth at the mouth a bit. I may even play the " Yep definitely a sending off" card once or twice and watch their heads explode.

[quote author=mark1975 link=topic=47058.msg1407979#msg1407979 date=1317572703]And Molby, given your hysterics over Downing in the summer, it's a bit rich criticising negativity now that a ball has actually been kicked.
[/quote]

I was going to say the same thing. Dudes been the poster boy for misery over the last 12 months and now on the back of a few e-fist pumps he has the audacity to trot out the "maybe you should support another club" line.

[quote author=keniget link=topic=47058.msg1408247#msg1408247 date=1317626562]
[quote author=mark1975 link=topic=47058.msg1407979#msg1407979 date=1317572703]And Molby, given your hysterics over Downing in the summer, it's a bit rich criticising negativity now that a ball has actually been kicked.
[/quote]

I was going to say the same thing. Dudes been the poster boy for misery over the last 12 months and now on the back of a few e-fist pumps he has the audacity to trot out the "maybe you should support another club" line.
[/quote]

How the balls is my not wanting us to sign Downing make me a poster boy for misery?? I didnt rate the fella, certainly not at 20M, and tbh i still dont but i havent been having a dig at him, i want him to do well!

My point is simple, to post up an overly critical analysis on the day your beat your local rivals which basically is so skewed is IMO just nuts and misses the point of following a team...

ENJOY THE WIN FFS.

thats all... worry about the shit hitting the fan IF and when it does so.

[quote author=Sunny link=topic=47058.msg1407983#msg1407983 date=1317573216]
I really dont think we've kicked into anything like top gear yet but I was suitably chuffed with result yesterday
[/quote]

I think you are right Sunny, we are just stuttering a little at times with a little bit of a misfire, not playing particularly well, but maintaining a reasonable position, but I really do feel over the next three or four games we will start clearing things and start kicking in OK, there were some great signs in the Bolton game some weeks ago, so I know it is in there.
I think it is important to keep plugging away with Carroll too we will see a match on match improvement. I would also be looking to play Bellers somewhere.

[quote author=Molbystwin link=topic=47058.msg1408277#msg1408277 date=1317633443]
How the balls is my not wanting us to sign Downing make me a poster boy for misery?? I didnt rate the fella, certainly not at 20M, and tbh i still dont but i havent been having a dig at him, i want him to do well!

My point is simple, to post up an overly critical analysis on the day your beat your local rivals which basically is so skewed is IMO just nuts and misses the point of following a team...

ENJOY THE WIN FFS.

[/quote]

He said he did enjoy the win.

I don't come onto 6CM to type WOOO YEAAAH and describe myself fist pumping or whatever other euphoric action is deemed appropriate. That all happens during a game and of course everyone apart from Sven is happy after the win.

It's like going on at people about "getting behind the team" on a message board. Like Downing or whoever is going to be logging onto the net inbetween getting sucked off by a gang of Page 3 models going "I wonder what Molbystwin is saying about me now! Why can't I just get the support I deserve?!?!".

Moron was right about some things. We have been playing crap and saying so doesn't mean you're not appreciative of winning or happy about it. How long do you have to wait before you're allowed to dissect the game? Half a day? A day? A week? What's the rule here?

I don't mind critisism of the team as long as it's fair. fro example after the stoke game there was a lot of 'we were shite' which is bollox, we dominated that match and but for poor finishing and good keeping we would have won that game comfortably (as stoke mustered one attack in 90mins of football).

Thing is, if we can beat Man Utd at Anfield in two weeks we'll go into a three game spell of Norwich(H)/West Brom (A)/Swansea(H) on the back of three (two huge) wins and set up a run.

We could be right in the mix by the start of November with our big players hitting top form as well.

[quote author=keniget link=topic=47058.msg1408299#msg1408299 date=1317637499]
[quote author=Molbystwin link=topic=47058.msg1408277#msg1408277 date=1317633443]

ENJOY THE WIN FFS.

[/quote]

He said he did enjoy the win.

I don't come onto 6CM to type WOOO YEAAAH and describe myself fist pumping or whatever other euphoric action is deemed appropriate. That all happens during a game and of course everyone apart from Sven is happy after the win.

It's like going on at people about "getting behind the team" on a message board. Like Downing or whoever is going to be logging onto the net inbetween getting sucked off by a gang of Page 3 models going "I wonder what Molbystwin is saying about me now! Why can't I just get the support I deserve?!?!".

Moron was right about some things. We have been playing crap and saying so doesn't mean you're not appreciative of winning or happy about it. How long do you have to wait before you're allowed to dissect the game? Half a day? A day? A week? What's the rule here?
[/quote]

He did say he enjoyed it, eventually, what I objected to was the tone of his analysis which basically implied you couldnt possibly enjoy that win as we are in some way in trouble with regards to our level of play. It was OTT and not justified but also a fairly skewed analysis especially given how we are actually doing.

I loved beating Everton on Saturday... loved it.... doesnt mean i didnt see problems....

You may not have enjoyed it for whatever reasons and thats your own right but after a week of so much moaning I had hoped that maybe a Derby win might cheer people up a bit is all.

Lots and lots of flaws in the team, true, but thats not to say we will not nor cannot sort them out and I firmly believe that getting behind the team helps and for that to happen a bit of positivity and happyness in among the fans would be a good thing no?

[quote author=Buddha link=topic=47058.msg1408313#msg1408313 date=1317641683]
Thing is, if we can beat Man Utd at Anfield in two weeks we'll go into a three game spell of Norwich(H)/West Brom (A)/Swansea(H) on the back of three (two huge) wins and set up a run.

We could be right in the mix by the start of November with our big players hitting top form as well.
[/quote]

if we beat the mancs then i'll be feeling pretty good, considering that.

[quote author=Skullflower link=topic=47058.msg1408335#msg1408335 date=1317644885]

[/quote]

Well that will make a nice refreshing change for you and us all Skull.

[quote author=Sunny link=topic=47058.msg1408337#msg1408337 date=1317644999]
[quote author=Skullflower link=topic=47058.msg1408335#msg1408335 date=1317644885]

[/quote]

Well that will make a nice refreshing change for you and us all Skull.
[/quote]

we'll probably lose though, i reckon.

I have no wish to "Get Fu*ked with negativity" - just pointing out what I observed from our team today. I understand truth very well - we have not won the league for 20 years, and in that time we have had at least two managers with 5-year plans, both coming to nothing after spending millions - thats the truth. At some stage I expect a title and I think its about time LFC took the approach of our counterparts in Europe which are all those other teams that have won the league consistently in their history. Their fans expect success and the team to play well every week - thats what I expect now, any failure in those areas and I along with a few others on this site will abosolutely slaughter the team with comments like the ones I made today. So call me what you want - but I want our team to deliver good performances every week. Some have said we would have lost had they had 11men and some say not - but I think they would have scored first and we would have lost our heads and Lucas would have been sent off at some stage and we would have the game. The Ref won it for us today.

Yeah, whatever. Benitez's reign "came to nothing" because winning the champions league is a piece of piss isn't it?
That's why Fergusons managed it so many times in twenty-odd attempts...

I hope you don't get to the matches much. If you'd been in Istanbul you'd have been slagging individuals off, or more likely have fucked off at half time.

Our supporters won us that match as much as the team and manager.

With more "supporters" like you this club would never have won anything.

I don't even understand why some people follow football, they don't seem to get any pleasure out if it...

[quote author=dirtyho link=topic=47058.msg1408369#msg1408369 date=1317648738]
I have no wish to "Get Fu*ked with negativity" - just pointing out what I observed from our team today. I understand truth very well - we have not won the league for 20 years, and in that time we have had at least two managers with 5-year plans, both coming to nothing after spending millions - thats the truth. At some stage I expect a title and I think its about time LFC took the approach of our counterparts in Europe which are all those other teams that have won the league consistently in their history. Their fans expect success and the team to play well every week - thats what I expect now, any failure in those areas and I along with a few others on this site will abosolutely slaughter the team with comments like the ones I made today. So call me what you want - but I want our team to deliver good performances every week. Some have said we would have lost had they had 11men and some say not - but I think they would have scored first and we would have lost our heads and Lucas would have been sent off at some stage and we would have the game. The Ref won it for us today.

Yeah, whatever. Benitez's reign "came to nothing" because winning the champions league is a piece of piss isn't it?
That's why Fergusons managed it so many times in twenty-odd attempts...

I hope you don't get to the matches much. If you'd been in Istanbul you'd have been slagging individuals off, or more likely have fucked off at half time.

Our supporters won us that match as much as the team and manager.

With more "supporters" like you this club would never have won anything.

I don't even understand why some people follow football, they don't seem to get any pleasure out if it...
[/quote]

People behave differently at matches to how they are behind a computer.

A fact those with the urge to act all superfan cunt choose to ignore

Yeah because not having a face like a smacked arse after you've just won a derby makes you a " superfan cunt"

Well done mate ;)

And there's far too many fans who are quick to label people superfan cunt just for stating an opinion based on their frustration on a perceived lack of support. You make a valid point though Squiggles. Opinions, and the way they are presented, completely differ between match going fans and forum based fans. The debate seems much more considered and pragmatic from conversations you have in and around the ground and that's because most conversations are face to face. Whereas behind a keyboard it's OK to get heated and all smart arsed because people are protected with relative anonymity. I highly doubt that most of the opinions presented on here would be presented in the same way in a face to face conversation. I've always found that a little strange if I'm honest,

To be fair, "I hope you don't go to the matches much" is a bit snide and it is just born of frustration.
What I really mean is if you go to the matches, I hope you've got a more supportive attitude there, because frankly if the match supporters threw their toys out of the pram like people do on the internet, we'd be up shit creek...

To be fair, "I hope you don't go to the matches much" is a bit snide and it is just born of frustration.
What I really mean is if you go to the matches, I hope you've got a more supportive attitude there, because frankly if the match supporters threw their toys out of the pram like people do on the internet, we'd be up shit creek...

When me & Spionkop had our great hours long debate in the Harry (pre refurb) it must have been like listening to a thread, esp' as other people kept jumping in & out in support of one or the other.

Had, for example, Brendan been there & labelled one of us a cunt for having said opinion, I'm sure he'd have had a dig from more than one angle.

[quote author=dirtyho link=topic=47058.msg1408424#msg1408424 date=1317659905]
[/quote]

There are moany people who go to the match and grumble the whole time.

Yeh there are some people who there's absolutely no pleasing at the match. Can never see any positive but very quick to point out the negative

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom